• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Grizzles were playing fuckball before Indy ever did.

Please... Grizz are just a team too used to highly efficient play on the offensive end and a very effective defensive team against many styles of play.

Indiana isn't even comparable. Yes, Indiana's defense is "good", but its the only team in the league that has an offense which makes its defense better by confusing teams with so many unorthodox yet physical sets and arrangements that opposing squads are still reeling when they get the ball back. I don't even like calling them a basketball team. They do shit that wouldn't even be acceptable in college.

Please... Grizz are just a team too used to highly efficient play on the offensive end and a very effective defensive team against many styles of play.

Indiana isn't even comparable. Yes, Indiana's defense is "good", but its the only team in the league that has an offense which makes its defense better by confusing teams with so many unorthodox yet physical sets and arrangements that opposing squads are still reeling when they get the ball back. I don't even like calling them a basketball team. They do shit that wouldn't even be acceptable in college.
I dunno man... the Grizz of 2-3 years ago weren't that efficient on O, and on D it was grabbing/holding, steals and deflections on D. I agree Indy has taken fuckball to new heights, but let's give some credit to Memphis.

And while we at it, how about some dap to the creator of fuckball, Pat Riley?
You still don't know what fuckball is i see.
Considering I helped coin the phrase awhile ago... do you?

I haven't been able to watch the game but does Lebron only have 5 shots because he's being heavily guarded or is he just distributing?

DY_nasty

I dunno man... the Grizz of 2-3 years ago weren't that efficient on O, and on D it was grabbing/holding, steals and deflections on D. I agree Indy has taken fuckball to new heights, but let's give some credit to Memphis.

And while we at it, how about some dap to the creator of fuckball, Pat Riley?

Considering I helped coin the phrase awhile ago... do you?

You contributed to shameball not fuckball

Indiana and Memphis aren't even comparable.

I said the closest thing to fuckball was the knicks/heat series, but that was on both sides and had a lot to do with individual players. Indy's coach has implemented an entire system on the worst, chance aspects of basketball and called it a philosophy. I hope there's a special place in basketball hell for him.

I haven't been able to watch the game but does Lebron only have 5 shots because he's being heavily guarded or is he just distributing?
I'm not sure,he's distributing regularly. he's just seems reluctant to shoot tonight and he's not handling the ball as much as he normally does. maybe he knows he's not shooting well tonight.

As I recall, alot of us on GAF were like "WTF are we watching?" and I said "this is worse than shameball" and you then gave birth to the term "fuckball".
lol, no you didn't. you weren't even around for the discussion.
Yes I was! Unless you guys were talking about it in IRC before it hit GAF, I definitely posted.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

I said the closest thing to fuckball was the knicks/heat series, but that was on both sides and had a lot to do with individual players. Indy's coach has implemented an entire system on the worst, chance aspects of basketball and called it a philosophy. I hope there's a special place in basketball hell for him.

So wait shame ball is embarrassing basketball... fuckball is I dont give a fuck what works basketball?

So wait shame ball is embarrassing basketball... fuckball is I dont give a fuck what works basketball?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48669003&postcount=464
At the time me and DY were the only ones talking about indi cause they had yet to do anything.
Really... can you give me a timeframe so I can look at old threads?? I like to re-read old threads, might as well go back on the Wayback Machine and look at stuff. I thought I discussed it also but if I'm wrong I'm wrong.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I really wish that someone one day teaches this Rockets team how to play some D to go with their insane O. Happy they won, Dmo looks good on O, but this team should not be struggling to beat shitty East teams.

giri

Fuck ball, indiana's version, is where you actually worsen your offense, run horrible sets, in order to make your defense better. You literally play defense with your offense.

They run disjointed sets, sets to break the other teams "game rhythm" as well as their own rhythm.

They won't take good shots if it doesn't fit the system.

They are literally on purpose, ruining basketball.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
What does Durant say in his commercial when the shoe is revealed?

"That's a mean shoe right there"?

"That's a nice shoe right there?

Anyone know for sure?

DY_nasty

shameball is just a hell of an entertaining game between two shitty teams

"the shameball classic! knicks vs bobcats meetings from 2-3 years ago"

fuckball is something only indiana does. they drag the game down below unwatchable levels - for the casual fan and the basketball enthusiast alike - and seemingly go out of their way to contort basketball into something that treads the line of what is and isn't basketball. its a blend of some of the worst concepts and usages in college basketball and a practiced intent to take common situations (pnr defense for example) and do things so... illogical... that opposing teams aren't even aware of what they're supposed to be reacting to

the thing is, indiana isn't even good at it. they get sucked into their own vortex of fuck regularly and games turn into fuckball

Memphis is a good team that, again, is too used to playing extremely efficient ball ONLY (which is why Rudy Gay was probably subliminally hated). That's not that uncommon of an issue at all.

Cloudy

Banned
Grizz showing how to play Miami. Can't give them fast breaks or wide open 3s. They gave up a dunk there but their strategy has been solid most of the night

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I really appreciate the lengthy definition of f*@kball. I had seen the term used a couple of times but wasn't sure what exactly it meant.

And my brain 100% agreess that the term describes how Indiana plays exactly. They are painfully boring to watch.

Is Memphis the poor man's San Antonio then?

For years I used to say that the only way you could beat the Spurs was to force then into situations that their system couldn't handle or that their players weren't comfortable with. That was years ago though and no longer applies. They are just too good now.

Cloudy

Banned
shameball is just a hell of an entertaining game between two shitty teams

"the shameball classic! knicks vs bobcats meetings from 2-3 years ago"

fuckball is something only indiana does. they drag the game down below unwatchable levels

What is OKC FT spamming playstyle?

Top Bottom