• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Is it sad that I'm rooting for OKC today? Celtics are a little too close in the standings. Nice to see they can't take care of the ball today.

As I've said here many times before, fuck the shitty East.

Silver should do 2 things after that POS Stern resigns:

1) Make the playoffs consist of the top 16 teams, regardless of conference. (#1 plays #16, #2 play #15 and so on)

2) Re-seed the playoffs after each round, ala the NHL.

1) Make the playoffs consist of the top 16 teams, regardless of conference. (#1 plays #16, #2 play #15 and so on)

why should the nba take anything from a trash league like the nhl

OKC has 2x the fts, half the turnovers, and its about to lose the lead. Fml

The team with the best player in the series wins most of the time in this league. Clips will lose to OKC in round 2

The Clippers would play San Antonio in the second round if they play the Nuggets. Clips are just a half game ahead of 4th.

Jackson is embarrassing Eagles' fans everywhere. :(

Never understood the love for reseeding, why punish a 6 or 7 seed for one dramatic upset by making them immediately do another? Imagine how much worse March madness would be with reseeding.

why should the nba take anything from a trash league like the nhl

Re-seeding is a great idea though.

Imagine, if we had #1 - #16 playoffs in the 2000s, with re-seeding.

We would have likely gotten something like Lakers/5pur5/Kings for the championship instead of hard fought WCFs followed by anti-climatic Finals against teams that got ran over in 4-5 games (Sixers and Nets twice).

Never understood the love for reseeding, why punish a 6 or 7 seed for one dramatic upset by making them immediately do another? Imagine how much worse March madness would be with reseeding.

March Madness is a one and done--not the same.

Re-seeding tries to help ensue each progressive round will work to eventually pit the best against the best.

Also, the Kings were an 8 seed and won the Cup last year so, there is precedent.

Reggie looked terrible on that play before that shot somehow dropped.

Hockey, like baseball, is a sport where a hot goalie or a hot pitcher can carry an otherwise inferior team to several upsets. We've only ever seen Hakeem, Lebron, and sort of Dirk have that kind of success in the last 20 years.

Re-seeding is a great idea though.

Imagine, if we had #1 - #16 playoffs in the 2000s, with re-seeding.

We would have likely gotten something like Lakers/5pur5/Kings for the championship instead of hard fought WCFs followed by anti-climatic Finals against teams that got ran over in 4-5 games (Sixers and Nets twice).

reseeding would just make it even easier for the top teams in the league

reseeding would just make it even easier for the top teams in the league

I said that it favors getting the eventual best teams matched up but the 2012 Kings still gave a big fuck you to all that.

It's not a lock that top seeds will win it all.

EDIT: The most important would be making it #1 - #16, imo though.

I said that it favors getting the eventual best teams matched up but the 2012 Kings still gave a big fuck you to all that.

It's not a lock that top seeds will win it all.

i don't watch ice soccer but as I understand it upsets are much more likely to happen

better team always wins in the NBA

This is why Boston really needs to hope Crawford turns back into something resembling a scorer. Their bench has done nothing, if they don't get production out of Jeff Green that puts even more pressure on Pierce/Garnett to score.

I know everyone here hates Kevin Martin, but I think OKC is probably the best fit for him. He doesn't take away the sting of losing the Beard, but who could?

Making it 1-16 wouldn't make sense unless you made everybody play really similar schedules

Not really.

The East plays against West teams only 1-1 a year and STILL they remain shitty. I'd argue that asking them to play the West more often would actually make them even shittier.

Top Bottom