• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

playoff upsets are considered that because dumb people hype up certain teams as unstoppable juggernauts without paying attention to matchups. The Magic defeated the Cavs 3-1 in the regular season in 2009 yet people like Bill Simmons considered them the 91 Bulls reincarnated. Warriors swept the Mavs in the regular season in 2007, i'll give you a pass on that one given you didn't start watching ball until 2008.

Not really.

The East plays against West teams only 1-1 a year and STILL they remain shitty. I'd argue that asking them to play the West more often would actually make them even shittier.

I just looked at the win totals to see if East scrub teams have more wins than Western teams, even while playing crappier competition....

This conference is shameful

I just looked at the win totals to see if East scrub teams have more wins than Western teams, even while playing crappier competition....

This conference is shameful

Remember a few years back when this happened:

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/year/2008

3 of the top seeds in the East were .500 or below, while out West you had to win 50 games to be an #8 seed.

Or how about 2010?

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/year/2010

All 8 out West again had 50 wins or above.

That's why I think #1 - #16 is fair.

#1 vs. #8 in the East is basically a 1st round bye.

Eating up clock. Kinda obvious, no?
There's eating up clocking, then trying to initiate your PnR offense with 4 seconds left.

I mean sure the worst thing that can happen is still good (24 second violation), but you want the best outcome. Anticipate good D and have enough time to move the ball around.

playoff upsets are considered that because dumb people hype up certain teams as unstoppable juggernauts without paying attention to matchups. The Magic defeated the Cavs 3-1 in the regular season in 2009 yet people like Bill Simmons considered them the 91 Bulls reincarnated. Warriors swept the Mavs in the regular season in 2007, i'll give you a pass on that one given you didn't start watching ball until 2008.

Been an NBA fan since 1986 when my dad took me to my first game as a kid.

You're ignoring Denver knocking out the Sonics in 94,but I forgive you since you were probably two. See how easy that works?

Top Bottom