• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

I'm watching the encore of the Nuggets/Sixers game in Philly.

I'm so sorry Knux.
Peter Vecsey @PeterVecsey1 about 52 minutes ago
Many felt Brewer would b better as pro than Noah & Horford. Felt he'd found home in Minny (13.2P) & then Dallas' title team...cont

Billy Donovan told me Carlisle told him he planned 2 upgrade Brew's role. Guess 2d rders r tough 2 come by, hence deal 2 DN w Rudy Fernandez

There needs to be a timeline of Doug Collins's press conference faces as time has progressed

here's the first:

doug-collins-76ersjpg-376538e2660d1744_large.jpg

If that picture isn't the embodiment of false hope then I don't know what is.

He's probably thinking about how to play Bynum in that pic.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Did you guys see Doug's replies to reporters after the game? Priceless. Something along the lines of;

We were up 7 and had the ball. I could give a TNT sh!t answer but its not worth it. We didnt get the job done.

effzee

Don't know why yall are worried about me.

Turner is probably dead right now. Either by his own hands or Doug's

I just can't stand Turner. Dude thinks he is out there playing 1 on 5.

Now only want Doug to walk away from this mess with his sanity in tact. We won't be good for another 5 years and not another 10 years if they resign Bynum.

Its just painful to watch. No FA will want to come to Philly. Only way we can get bigger name players is through trades or if we tank and get the perfect #1 pick again like Iverson in 96.

Yeah, Philly just needs to tank next year if they've given up on Bynum (which if they're smart they already have).

We're probably going to trot out the exact same roster we have this year with the only addition being whoever we draft. One more top 4 in 2014 and we'll be ready to roll.

bud23

I put 25 euro on Philly money line, 13/1 odds to win 325 euro. Luckily I didn´t see the game, but I´ve just seen the last two minutes... how the hell?

What I've just seen is unforgivable and it actually physically hurts. How the hell ,Sixers? Unbelievable.

effzee

Yeah, Philly just needs to tank next year if they've given up on Bynum (which if they're smart they already have).

We're probably going to trot out the exact same roster we have this year with the only addition being whoever we draft. One more top 4 in 2014 and we'll be ready to roll.

Problem is there is strong sentiment that since they already traded for Bynum, gave up on some other players, and since he hasn't played a single game in the Sixers uniform that they should offer him a low ball offer which might still be more than anyone else out there. Just to see it through and see how it works.

I don't even know anymore. The NBA is set up in a way where mid market and small market teams are just fucked unless you get lucky and build like OKC or some FA actually wants to come for some sentimental reason.

Who was the last high school kid that actually lived up to the hype?

Remember when we were talking about tanking for Shabazz and Harrison Barnes?

D-Rose I guess.

EDIT: Kyrie was the 4th rated prospect coming out of 2010. He just got hurt before people can get hyped about him.

Emwitus

wow your draftees will age out even before y'all become competitive......loser bros to the end. i'm honestly surprised you still have a fan base.

thekad

Banned
Who was the last high school kid that actually lived up to the hype?

Remember when we were talking about tanking for Shabazz and Harrison Barnes?
Those two looked pretty ordinary in high school outside of their superior size though Barnes looked a bit better than Shabazz. I think Wall would be the last great prospect that didn't live up to his billing in high school. And he looks at least like a good player now.

diehard

Fleer
Here are Rivals #1 prospects by year:

2005: Gerald Green
2006: Greg Oden
2007: Michael Beasley
2008: BJ Mullens
2009: John Wall
2010: Josh Selby
2011: Austin Rivers

Here are Rivals #1 prospects by year:

2005: Gerald Green
2007: Michael Beasley
2008: BJ Mullens
2009: John Wall
2010: Josh Selby
2011: Austin Rivers

Scout.com:

2005: Josh McRoberts
2007: O.J. Mayo
2008: Brandon Jennings
2009: Derrick Favors
2010: Harrison Barnes
2011: Anthony Davis

Rivals suuuuuuck.

Rivals is truly terrible, rsci hoops indexes the rankings and averages them. The number one and number 3 players on the index usually end up as good to great NBA players. It's surprisingly consistent actually. The number 2 guys have more busts, but most of them turned out to be great players as well.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
http://www.latimes.com/news/columnone/la-fi-shabazz-muhammad-inc-20130322-dto,0,3133186.htmlstory

According to the UCLA men's basketball media guide, he was born in Los Angeles on Nov. 13, 1993.

But a copy of Shabazz Nagee Muhammad's birth certificate on file with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health shows that he was born at Long Beach Memorial Hospital exactly one year earlier, making him 20 years old — not 19 as widely reported

How and when he lost a year of his life are unclear. But competing against younger, smaller athletes, particularly in the fast-growing years of early adolescence, can be "a huge edge," said Eddie Bonine, executive director of the Nevada Interscholastic Activities Assn. "People naturally look at the big, strong kids."

Asked about the discrepancy, Holmes insisted his son was 19 and born in Nevada. "It must be a mistake," he said.

Several minutes later, he changed his account, saying that his son is, in fact, 20 and was born in Long Beach.

lmfao, Shabazz's dad comes off as insane in that article and Shabazz being 20 is going to hurt his stock even more.

Please have a good game today so the Jazz can't pick Shabazz :(

I still like Shabazz in an era where 2 guards are getting smaller. I don't expect him to come close to the hype but don't see him being ineffective like gaff thinks.

I didnt know Melo was a GOT fan. I dont understand that anachronistic ad HBO put up with him in it tho. and neither does anyone else. ive never seen that many dislikes on a youtube video from hbo,lol.

Wall is developing this year for the first time since year 1, so it's hard to say where he'll end up. Things looked terrible in year 2 because he took a step back, all he learned how to do that year was learn how to not become Crash.

This years development has been spotty but it's pretty awesome--playing slower, shooting jumpers and the deep ball again.

That's all you really want to see with a player is clear progression. I'm positive moving forward as of now.

balddemon

Banned
I hate gonzaga. they are going to cause me so much stress on their way to the title game. olynyk better play like 2011 playoffs dirk for the next few weeks.

Olynyk redshirted because of Sacre. If he was really that good he would have at least split time with him.

Edit: I've always wondered why Selby has never got playing time in the nba. He's dominated the summer league the last two years. Is he just that bad at playing organized, team basketball?

Top Bottom