• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

xnipx

Olynyk redshirted because of Sacre. If he was really that good he would have at least split time with him.

Edit: I've always wondered why Selby has never got playing time in the nba. He's dominated the summer league the last two years. Is he just that bad at playing organized, team basketball?

They always keep him on a short leash. Hollins is not a good coach for his type of talent and idk what Byron Scott is doing. He is better than the corpse of Shaun Livingston

I still can't belive the Knicks cut him with out playing him a single minute...

Oh and...

1c60a936925a11e2969522000a9f14e8_7.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Discuss

JR Smith completely exaggerated his issue with this shirt.

They always keep him on a short leash. Hollins is not a good coach for his type of talent and idk what Byron Scott is doing. He is better than the corpse of Shaun Livingston

Memphis loves their scoring guards off the bench. Mayo, Selby, Wroten, Bayless. No idea why they signed Bayless with Wroten and Selby already there though.

Also, there's a good chance we're going to win our third straight tonight since the Pistons are in tank mode.

LFK, these back to back 4th quarter comeback wins for NYK may kill you.

I think I should just do the healthy thing and detach emotionally for the next couple of weeks. Literally the only thing they have left to play for is to try & give OKC the 11th pick.

Normally this would be the time when you'd start to watch the rookie get more burn, but Dwayne Casey is too focussed on building a winning culture. So he's starting Alan Anderson.

I have this weird feeling that the Lakers are going to get the pipe tonight.

I dont. Lakers have been running over teams that play D but cant score. Indiana, Chicago.
I'd like to see Wall, Webster and Beal (is he back yet?) go ham at Staples as much as the next guy, but I dont think its gunna happen

Olynyk redshirted because of Sacre. If he was really that good he would have at least split time with him.

There are a lot of reasons for this though. He was recruited as a super skinny 6'10 SF kid with a euro game.

During his red shirt year he gained 30 pounds , worked on his post game and grew two inches.

Those are pretty massive changes.

And I'm getting Webber vibes from Shabazz. Seems like bad people coming out of school.

There are a lot of reasons for this though. He was recruited as a super skinny 6'10 SF kid with a euro game.

During his red shirt year he gained 30 pounds , worked on his post game and grew two inches.

Those are pretty massive changes.

And I'm getting Webber vibes from Shabazz. Seems like bad people coming out of school.

Those are some pretty big changes, especially growing 2 inches. Hard for me to wash out the stench of Ammo though, that shit has staying power.

What do you mean with the Shabazz, Webber comparison though?

Those are some pretty big changes, especially growing 2 inches. Hard for me to wash out the stench of Ammo though, that shit has staying power.

What do you mean with the Shabazz, Webber comparison though?

Similarities in terms of "acting like a pro" before he even gets there. Both Bazz and Webb had a lot of allegations about getting paid while at school.

There are a lot of guys who are looking to be one and done...which is no secret, but some handle it better than others, and Bazz is guilty of "doin too much".

That´s fantastic. Like the previous article, great stuff. This is how analytics should come into to play, not just that BS Hollinger used to write.

It´s amazing because like five minutes ago i was talking with a colleague from work who is a die hard Lakers fan and we were bashing Dwight Howard for being a stupid shot blocker whose blocked shots often turn into layups or new possessions for the other team.

I hate his spikes to the ball and now i´m glad there statistical evidence to show that he is, indeed, making the wrong basketball play by not keeping the ball inbounds.

Comparing players based on their appearance and or playstyle is generally a bad idea, but it feels like Doug McDermott is going to end up similarly to Ryan Anderson...

Vahagn

That´s fantastic. Like the previous article, great stuff. This is how analytics should come into to play, not just that BS Hollinger used to write.

It´s amazing because like five minutes ago i was talking with a colleague from work who is a die hard Lakers fan and we were bashing Dwight Howard for being a stupid shot blocker whose blocked shots often turn into layups or new possessions for the other team.

I hate his spikes to the ball and now i´m glad there statistical evidence to show that he is, indeed, making the wrong basketball play by not keeping the ball inbounds.

I have an issue with people who make up their own statistic on the spot and then some formula they arbitrarily made, as this guys does with MBV. Hollinger used to do that nonsense all the time.

I also disagree that spiking the ball out of bounds is always a bad play. For example, in a really low shot clock situation, it's probably better to spike the ball out of bounds than to keep it in play, because keeping it in play doesn't guarantee the ball will go to your team, and may result in a guy 5 feet from the basket getting the ball and getting a clean look vs. spiking it out and forcing a team to (usually) hoist up a contested jumper when there's < 2 seconds left on the clock.

Also, despite popular opinion, I still believe in momentum and confidence. I think spiking a ball out of bounds with authority may actually give your team more momentum. Obviously this is just an eye test kind of thing, and there's no hard data to support or deny what I just said.

I love listening to old hacks across league pass scream KEEP THE BLOCK INBOUNDS YOUNG PLAYERS NOWADAYS WANNA GO FOR THE HIGHLIGHT PLAY

even when it doesn't appear physically possible

I love listening to old hacks across league pass scream KEEP THE BLOCK INBOUNDS YOUNG PLAYERS NOWADAYS WANNA GO FOR THE HIGHLIGHT PLAY

So dominant defensively that you can determine the trajectory of the ball on blocks

So nice

Similarities in terms of "acting like a pro" before he even gets there. Both Bazz and Webb had a lot of allegations about getting paid while at school.

There are a lot of guys who are looking to be one and done...which is no secret, but some handle it better than others, and Bazz is guilty of "doin too much".

Webber was a legit phenom and lived up to the hype though, Shabazz hasn't.

Omega

Banned

well they usually say it when the player spikes the ball as if he's playing volleyball

well they usually say it when the player spikes the ball as if he's playing volleyball

Sometimes they do but I remember listening to a Lakers broadcast where Dwight basically left his defender to provide weak side help, and Dwight had to jump over 2 people and extend his body for a block and Stu Lantz is screaming "Just catch the ball when it's in the air!"

Webber was a legit phenom and lived up to the hype though, Shabazz hasn't.

Yea my post wasn't about actual talent.

Webbers attitude was scary though...and shit, he was traded after his first year because of it despite his numbers...

Shabazz seems less crazy, but that level of shadiness shows itself at some point once you actually get in the league imo.

Edit: Shabazz on at 10 and Wiz/Lakers on at 10:30

thisgunnabgud

Its tough to remember the stories of Webber's youth considering how charming and soft-spoken he is today, but he was definitely regarded as a bad egg early in his career. I'm not sure if hes changed, or if the stories were misguided, but the perception was definitely there.

I've always been a fan though. His game was beautiful to watch.

Vahagn

What's the best site that allows you to look at a teams defensive rating over windows of time?

Last 15 games, Last 30 games, etc?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
If you were a smart GM and I mean like trying to build for the future, I'd trade 1st and 2nd round picks for this draft and next for Josh Smith.

These NCAA bums are....bums

McLemore is the only talent in the upcoming draft that I feel like can start and contribute right away. I like Len out of all of the big men, but he is a project more than anything. The fact that Len can already shoot from 18 feet away, shot blocks, and gets a lot of rebounds immediately propels him above other PF/C in my opinion.

McLemore is the only talent in the upcoming draft that I feel like can start and contribute right away. I like Len out of all of the big men, but he is a project more than anything. The fact that Len can already shoot from 18 feet away, shot blocks, and gets a lot of rebounds immediately propels him above other PF/C in my opinion.

Everyone in the top 10 of this draft has looked pretty awful so far.

I'm almost okay with Zeller/Plumlee future.

almost

Top Bottom