• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
also is Harvey Grant going to have two sons come out in 2014???

I don't think he really owned LeBron 1 on 1 or anything. He just made a lot of hard ass shots

I remember there was one in I think game 5 where he was fading out of bounds shooting over 2 guys, when that shit went in I just knew that night was over

For him to say "I defeated LeBron trying to guard me 1 on 1" is revisionist, their team beat the Heat's team D finding the open guy

I hate the idea of judging lottery prospects on if they'll be able to make an "immediate impact"

I mean, the teams drafting these guys suck and are a while away, how much will "immediate impact" really help them? They could go from the 4th overall pick to the 9th in a super optimistic case for how good the rookie will be...But that really helpful at all in building a roster? (especially for this year when teams like the Suns, Bobcats, Magic, and Kings are without franchise players and when there's a good draft coming up the year after with franchise players in it)

Also, rookies that do make "immediate impact" usually don't add wins to their team because they're usually lost defensively to the point of total incompetence most of the time.

Vahagn

I don't think he really owned LeBron 1 on 1 or anything. He just made a lot of hard ass shots

I remember there was one in I think game 5 where he was fading out of bounds shooting over 2 guys, when that shit went in I just knew that night was over

For him to say "I defeated LeBron trying to guard me 1 on 1" is revisionist, their team beat the Heat's team D finding the open guy

No, this is revisionist. And your ability to defend Lebron in every single possible instance is approaching Konex levels.

Lebron talked about how he shut Terry down in game 3 (or 2) in the fourth quarter. Terry went scoreless. He promised Lebron wouldn't shut him down again, and he went out and kicked ass the remaining games in the fourth while Lebron wilted like a dead flower.

I hate the idea of judging lottery prospects on if they'll be able to make an "immediate impact"

I mean, the teams drafting these guys suck and are a while away, how much will "immediate impact" really help them? They could go from the 4th overall pick to the 9th in a super optimistic case for how good the rookie will be...But that really helpful at all in building a roster? (especially for this year when teams like the Suns, Bobcats, Magic, and Kings are without franchise players and when there's a good draft coming up the year after with franchise players in it)

Also, rookies that do make "immediate impact" usually don't add wins to their team because they're usually lost defensively to the point of total incompetence most of the time.

Teams like the Bobcats do not need prospects or guys with a high ceiling. They need someone that can come in and help the team out immediately. Especially since the city is about to give up on the team and they've botched draft pick after draft pick. How often do prospects work out?

Teams like the Bobcats do not need prospects or guys with a high ceiling. They need someone that can come in and help the team out immediately. Especially since the city is about to give up on the team and they've botched draft pick after draft pick. How often do prospects work out?

This line of thinking is the exact reason why the Bobcats are so bad. Outside of Biyombo, the Bobcats have taken only "safe" and "immediate impact" players in their history and have gotten nowhere because of it. What is the ceiling of a Kemba-MKG-McLemore core? 7th in the East maybe?

No, this is revisionist. And your ability to defend Lebron in every single possible instance is approaching Konex levels.

Lebron talked about how he shut Terry down in game 3 (or 2) in the fourth quarter. Terry went scoreless. He promised Lebron wouldn't shut him down again, and he went out and kicked ass the remaining games in the fourth while Lebron wilted like a dead flower.

I actually gave you specific examples of how Terry scored and how it wasn't because he broke down LeBron off the dribble

Also I am a Heat fan; we lost that series because LeBron sucked. he was bad with a lot of things but the idea that terry somehow schooled him is laughable. I've said that a bunch. so take your strawman shit elsewhere

My ability to defend LeBron will never approach your obsession with Kobe

sloppy end of quarter, allowing that 7-0 run in the last 2 minutes. Now a battle of the benches, Knicks gonna need some O outta the Camby/Copeland/Novak/JR/Kidd unit, because the D won't be pretty.

EDIT: No Novak, they staying 2 PGs.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
This line of thinking is the exact reason why the Bobcats are so bad. Outside of Biyombo, the Bobcats have taken only "safe" and "immediate impact" players in their history and have gotten nowhere because of it. What is the ceiling of a Kemba-MKG-McLemore core? 7th in the East maybe?
Preach.

We're going to end up with Nerlens or McLemore either way though.

masud

Banned
Copeland is such a scrub. He's the kind of scrub that randomly hits enough shots to be on the floor to display his scrubbyness.

Copeland is such a scrub. He's the kind of scrub that randomly hits enough shots to be on the floor to display his scrubbyness.
I know your bicurious ass ain't saying stuff. Just because you don't have testicular fortitude don't stoop to this level. Show some degree of pride. Come on, man... even if this is an act it's in poor taste.

Top Bottom