• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

linsivvi

Lakers and Dallas have pretty rough schedules left.

Not really. If they really want to be in the playoffs, those 3 games against the Warriors and Rockets should be golden opportunities to make up some grounds.

The Spurs will be in shut down mode and half the team will be at home by then especially if the Lakers is locked into the 8th seed.

The rest except against the Clippers and the Grizzlies are easy games. If they can't win those games handily, it's not because the schedule is rough, it's because they suck.

UCLA should hire Mike Antoni.

Problem solved.

but antoni doesn't teach defense nor any fundamentals...

hqdefault.jpg

exarkun

I wouldn't call Denver's brand of basketball your kind..... they don't just chuck 3s.

I would: they love to run; they do shoot threes just not in the same stratosphere as us; their defense is better obviously but they have iggy and chandler. Not that many set plays, though Karl is a great coach and does do the x's and o's late in games.

I see them as doing everything we do, but better. But Asik is arguably better than any of their centers, and Harden is a better offensive force than anyone they have.

linsivvi

I would: they love to run; they do shoot threes just not in the same stratosphere as us; their defense is better obviously but they have iggy and chandler. Not that many set plays, though Karl is a great coach and does do the x's and o's late in games.

I see them as doing everything we do, but better. But Asik is arguably better than any of their centers, and Harden is a better offensive force than anyone they have.

You're right to choose Denver. Nobody in the Nuggets can take over games in the playoffs. They'll shit their bed in crunch time like they did in previous years.

The Thunder also isn't going to lose in the 1st round. People citing their current form don't understand how the NBA regular season works.

Edit: Wait you prefer the Thunder? Oh you so silly.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
lol Here's my prediction. The lakers will end up with a better record than the rockets. You can take that to the bank.

Your piggy bank?

Wtf are you on lol

Knox

You're right to choose Denver. Nobody in the Nuggets can take over games in the playoffs. They'll shit their bed in crunch time like they did in previous years.

The Thunder also isn't going to lose in the 1st round. People citing their current form don't understand how the NBA regular season works.

Edit: Wait you prefer the Thunder? Oh you so silly.

My concern vs. Denver is that Iggy will lock down Harden, or at least keep him from having the monster games that he'll need to have for us to win. We're 0-3 against them this year with Harden scoring 15, 21, and 23. Of course OKC presents their own problems and is overall a better team, but I think we're more capable of catching fire and going off against them. Plus if we do steal some wins from OKC and make it a series it will be a story line and give us some spotlight, which is always cool for teams that aren't on TV every week.

linsivvi

My concern vs. Denver is that Iggy will lock down Harden, or at least keep him from having the monster games that he'll need to have for us to win. We're 0-3 against them this year with Harden scoring 15, 21, and 23. Of course OKC presents their own problems and is overall a better team, but I think we're more capable of catching fire and going off against them. Plus if we do steal some wins from OKC and make it a series it will be a story line and give us some spotlight, which is always cool for teams that aren't on TV every week.

The thing is, while you'll still be the underdog, you have a real chance against the Nuggets. Regular season games don't mean much especially the early season games when the Rockets is a new team and also the youngest in the league.

masud

Banned
No one has a shot against the Nuggets without home court. With the linovers and the long rebounds from all the 3s the Rox take Denver would run them off the court.

Of course they have no chance against okc either...

Emwitus

Your chances are far better against the nuggets than okc. Okc are a proven commodity and can obviously turn it up more if they want to. Denver can easily choke

Knox

Your chances are far better against the nuggets than okc. Okc are a proven commodity and can obviously turn it up more if they want to. Denver can easily choke

Yeah, choke potential is a good point. Obviously we aren't likely to beat either, but I guess Denver is more likely to beat themselves.

Smokey

Out of all the scenarios for the rockets the Spurs would be who I'd be ok with them playing. OKC is a sweep. Den has that altitude and iggy will body harden.

I mean they will lose either way but still

thekad

Banned
It's unlikely the Rockets get the 6th seed anyway. The Warriors have one of the easiest schedules in the league left. It'll be San Antonio or OKC. Both teams would give us the pipe.

exarkun

It's unlikely the Rockets get the 6th seed anyway. The Warriors have one of the easiest schedules in the league left. It'll be San Antonio or OKC. Both teams would give us the pipe.

But san antonio will give us the long pipe, and the other will give the chubby pipe. I'd choose the chubby pipe is all I'm saying.

Yea, either way its going to be hard.

cacophony

Out of all the scenarios for the rockets the Spurs would be who I'd be ok with them playing. OKC is a sweep. Den has that altitude and iggy will body harden.

youre the most pessimistic rockets fan every post lol. cmon have some faith in your team

linsivvi

The altitude loses a lot of advantage when both teams have the same schedule and you have time to get used to it.

So Rick Adelman is right in wanting to trade out of this draft.

Not really. Bazz, Oladipo or Mclemore on rookie contracts would help the Wolves a lot better than any 5 mill a year sort of roleplayer you'd get from another team.

It's probably going to be a draft where someone who gets picked 8th blows up in his second or third year and we're all going to wonder how we didn't see it coming. There's just a lot of uncertainty.

this draft is so bad that nbadraft.net hasn't even updated their profiles lmao

It's fucking terrible. The only guy I like for us is Noel and he has a torn ACL, that should tell you all you need to know. I think the guys taken in the mid to late first and 2nd will end being the best players.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It's fucking terrible. The only guy I like for us is Noel and he has a torn ACL, that should tell you all you need to know. I think the guys taken in the mid to late first and 2nd will end being the best players.

For me it goes

Noel, Zeller, McLemore, Suicide.

Take out Zeller and replace him with Bennett and that's my list. I wouldn't be opposed to trading our pick to OKC either for Lamb and the Toronto pick. Lamb and a big like Withey or Cauley-Stein would be a good haul in a draft like this.

DY_nasty

Take out Zeller and replace him with Bennett and that's my list. I wouldn't be opposed to trading our pick to OKC either for Lamb and the Toronto pick. Lamb and a big like Withey or Cauley-Stein would be a good haul in a draft like this.

I'm too terrified of tweeners to even consider Bennett

DY_nasty

if michael beasley was still playing college ball would he be the #1 pick far and away?

He was always #1 pick level talent. I think he would've been the #1 pick over everyone from each draft after him other than Anthony Davis.

Doesn't change the fact that he's completely crazy and uncoachable though.

i think this draft is becoming even more underrated in part because a lot of top prospects have gone home and there's a lot of misplaced hype on guys that aren't good

for instance, there's no reason why trey burke should be ranked lower than shabazz or mclemore on any draft boards. 19/7 with a 3.45 assist to turnover ratio on one of the best offenses in the country in arguably the toughest conference in the NCAA should be Top 5 pick status, just cause he's 6 feet tall doesn't mean shit when he's got similar college stats to CP3.

i think this draft is becoming even more underrated in part because a lot of top prospects have gone home and there's a lot of misplaced hype on guys that aren't good

for instance, there's no reason why trey burke should be ranked lower than shabazz or mclemore on any draft boards. 19/7 with a 3.45 assist to turnover ratio on one of the best offenses in the country in arguably the toughest conference in the NCAA should be Top 5 pick status, just cause he's 6 feet tall doesn't mean shit when he's got similar college stats to CP3.

Burke looks like Lawson redux to me, which easily makes him a top 10 pick. I have no idea why he's being slept on so much.

Also Bennett has tweener size, but he doesn't play like one. He has a post game and he has the girth to play the 4 already. If he was two inches taller/longer scouts would be losing their minds over him. I think it's good to remember what short, but strong 4s like Grandmama and Barkley were able to accomplish in the league. So don't write Bennett or Burke for that matter off because of their size.

Top Bottom