• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Burke looks like Lawson redux to me, which easily makes him a top 10 pick. I have no idea why he's being slept on so much.

Also Bennett has tweener size, but he doesn't play like one. He has a post game and he has the girth to play the 4 already. If he was two inches taller/longer scouts would be losing their minds over him. I think it's good to remember what short, but strong 4s like Grandmama and Barkley were able to accomplish in the league. So don't write Bennett or Burke for that matter off because of their size.

burke apparently has a 6'5" wingspan which is excellent for a point guard. i'll chalk up his lack of hype with the fact that he can only play point guard due to his size and most bottom teams already have someone there. i think he'll shoot up around draft time similar to how Lillard did after being initially slotted to go 15-20.

bennett's issue is his defense, what position does he check?

burke apparently has a 6'5" wingspan which is excellent for a point guard. i'll chalk up his lack of hype with the fact that he can only play point guard and most bottom teams already have someone there. i think he'll shoot up around draft time similar to how Lillard did after being initially slotted to go 15-20.

bennett's issue is his defense, what position does he check?

He probably doesn't check any position. He can't exert max effort on both ends because of his asthma, he'll probably always be a liability on defense. He's still a massive improvement over any big we have on our roster. I doubt we're targeting him though. Noel and Smart are the type of player that Cho typically goes after.

charsace

I would: they love to run; they do shoot threes just not in the same stratosphere as us; their defense is better obviously but they have iggy and chandler. Not that many set plays, though Karl is a great coach and does do the x's and o's late in games.

I see them as doing everything we do, but better. But Asik is arguably better than any of their centers, and Harden is a better offensive force than anyone they have.

Gallinari is their best defender.

thekad

Banned
^lol no. Iggy is the best wing defender in the league.

DLeague stats mean something?
Well Royce White's DLeague stats definitely mean he sucks, but yeah players who dominate the DLeague are usually at least decent rotation players in the NBA. Fisher wouldn't get off the bench in the DLeague.

AirBrian

Mavs will miss the playoffs by one game. And then will be too high in the standings to get a really good draft pick. It's been that kind of season.

charsace

^lol no. Iggy is the best wing defender in the league.

Well Royce White's DLeague stats definitely mean he sucks, but yeah players who dominate the DLeague are usually at least decent rotation players in the NBA. Fisher wouldn't get off the bench in the DLeague.

Stats show Gallo as being their best man to man defender.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I think Bennett has a big enough body and is strong enough to play the four spot. To defend it as well. He is a big freakin kid and he can get off the floor.

masud

Banned
I wouldn’t say he’s better than Iggy (who is probably the best wing defender in the league) but Gallo is an excellent defender and he’s comically slept on by this thread just like he has been his entire career. Trust me I’m a Nugget fan.

Kacar

I cant believe some writers are saying that the heats streak is more indicative of a down NBA than of them being great.

Was anyone in the NBA in the 70s great besides the lakers and celtics?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I cant believe some writers are saying that the heats streak is more indicative of a down NBA than of them being great.

It was more competitive. I wouldn't say the league was better though (mainly because 8th man on the bench from today's game would've been the best athlete on the floor most nights back then).

The parity in the league is at an all-time low. The Heat are good, but they're not facing much resistance either.

I think Branduil said it best:

"Why are people acting surprised that a team formed by collusion for the specific purpose of breaking basketball is doing so."

Yes there were great teams in that 10 year span....like...is that even a question?

LA set the record playing 15 teams above 500 and 18 below.

Miami has played 11 teams above 500 and 15 below.

If they match 33 wins it will be 14-19, almost the same as the 72 Lakers. If I had the time to compute total combined win percentage of their opponents, I think LA's would look more difficult.

Kacar

Yes there were great teams in that 10 year span....like...is that even a question?

LA set the record playing 15 teams above 500 and 18 below.

Miami has played 11 teams above 500 and 15 below.

If they match 33 wins it will be 14-19, almost the same as the 72 Lakers.

Yea I didn't look up the specific stats so I guess it makes sense. the records do make it equal then but the writer was trying to make it seem like it was much harder back then. Thanks for the clarification.

I'll fold, LoJ.

Anthony Bennett is a good alternative to suicide.

Even if he is a sieve defensively he is a beast on offense. With the way GMs and executives ignore defense in favor of offense I wouldn't be surprised if we were able to inflate his trade value and move him for something more valuable. And regardless he'll make Mullens look absolutely useless in comparison, which I'm pretty sure we'd both be cool with.

Even if he is a sieve defensively he is a beast on offense. With the way GMs and executives ignore defense in favor of offense I wouldn't be surprised if we were able to inflate his trade value and move him for something more valuable. And regardless he'll make Mullens look absolutely useless in comparison, which I'm pretty sure we'd both be cool with.

derrick williams

Top Bottom