• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Since he's Canadian, he won't be playing with other noteworthy NBA players during the Olympics to participate in such collusion.

You do realize that the Heat's worst player is Canada's go-to guy right?

106.jpg

exarkun

Wiggins footwork is damn impressive. Kid has great control of his body.

Thats what I was thinking. Jabari can pass and do the higher Bball IQ stuff, but damn Wiggins can ball. All those blocks, I can see it now! He'll look good in red and yellow.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
OT2 ideas, go.

As usual, PM me any cool GIFs, stories, stupid posts or anything somewhat interesting if you want it appear in the OP.

thekad

Banned
Wiggins will be drafted by the Magic. Then signed by the Lakers 7 years later.

Also, he's easily the best prospect since Wall right? I don't think AD had this much hype.

Talon

Parker's supposed to be more skilled and Wiggins is supposed to be the better athlete.

People are a little more excited about Wiggins' potential.

From my obviously-totally-real-life-NBA 2k13 Experience. Anthony Wiggins becomes Lebron "Oscar" Jordan and wins 7 straight titles. Jabari Parker becomes James Worthy but keeps on losing in the conference finals.

Also, he's easily the best prospect since Wall right? I don't think AD had this much hype.

He's easily the most athletic top prospect since Wall. By all accounts he's a smart, humble kid too so it's easy to see why he's getting hyped so much. The NBA pedigree he has from his father doesn't hurt either.

AD would have been hyped more if he had that growth spurt sooner, although the fact it happened so late for him has a lot to do with how skilled he is.

Have to wonder what the Mavs record would be if Dirk had been playing more this season. That said...their point guard situation is...uh...unfortunate. That, and they are relying on Vince to be clutch in important games.

The Mavs could have been as high as the fifth seed, I believe. They lost a TON of close games when Dirk was out.

Reading stuff for the Kings to Seattle pending move i´m just mad at the amount of missinformation.

It seems like everyone is missing the point, just like they were when the Sonics left for OKC. It´s not about arena deals and what not, it´s all about who owns the teams and what he wants to do with it.

Back when Bennett bought them, that was the mistake that Seattle couldn´t afford. They sold to guy who wanted them playing in a different city and there´s nothing you can do about it but PR stories.

Kevin Johnson is just raising his popularity with this. The only way this deal does not go through is if the other owners don´t want Hansen, Ballmer and the Nordstrom brothers in the league. Simple as that.

Imagine yourself as Joe or Gavin Maloof. You already dislike KJ. Nobody in the NBA likes you anymore. Stern hates you. You just got a hell of a deal with an inflated price to get rid of a problem.

Would you bend over to the wishes of others, lose your profitable deal only to sell it to buyers appointed by the mayor?

Hell no.

If somehow they block the deal, the Maloofs won´t be selling the team, it´s their team, they can do what they want with it. An that´s why the Board of Governors will not block the sale. Blocking the sale means the owners have no power with their "toys", and it´s crazy to think that other owners will set this precedent.

And yet somehow the media, just like when the Sonics moved, keeps creating false hope and toying with the emotion of Kings fans.

Anthony Davis had less hype, but that's because his high school career only was on the radar for one year (and his playstyle was bizarre for a big man in high school) whereas Wiggins emerged at 13 and thus has been talked about for the last five years. Davis broke records and showed legendarily athleticism and instincts in college to a point that I don't think Wiggins will get to in college. I thought Davis was the best prospect since LeBron.

define composed

Not letting the size of the moment hurt your play, not really reacting negatively to pressure.

As good as that Kentucky team was on paper, it might not have even been the most talented Kentucky team Cal had, let alone NCAA teams in general.

Davis just doesn't get shook by big pressure moments. He won games basically by himself while his teammates were catching feels and shitting on themselves.

I mean you could have put him in at critical junctures of the USA basketball finals down 5 and you probably wouldn't have been able to tell that he was a rook.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Andrew Wiggins must come to the Raptors. Home team man!

And he actually does love the team.

Stern as your last act as commissioner rig the draft like you did so many times before!

KingGondo

Banned

Stern as your last act as commissioner rig the draft like you did so many times before!
The Raps will get good karma by tanking hard the rest of the season to give OKC the best possible pick. :)

Looking at the lottery this morning, and the pick would probably be 9th right now, but there's a chance it could be as high as 6th IMO. Their schedule isn't particularly easy or tough the rest of the way (I'd call it a semi-difficult East schedule).

I feel confident Presti will get a good player though. There should be some intriguing prospects available in the late top 10. Not like there are any sure things in this draft anyways.

Stern is gone next February, the 2014 draft is all Adam Silver.

Silver went to Duke though, hopefully MJ didn't manage to piss him off when he was working on movies with him.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Despite all the jokes I know the NBA doesn't want basketball to fail again in Canada. Its only right to fix that by giving us Andrew Wiggins.

It benefits him too. He'd stand to make a lot more money playing in Canada over the states.

so silver will likely set precedent by using his first draft to hook the raptors up.

Given that Stern and MJ attended and hosted the DNC together, and that Silver has a working relationship with MJ I like our chances next year.

Half of Wiggins' roots are in North Carolina too, he's not all Canadian.

Nori Chan

Despite all the jokes I know the NBA doesn't want basketball to fail again in Canada. Its only right to fix that by giving us Andrew Wiggins.

It benefits him too. He'd stand to make a lot more money playing in Canada over the states.

sorry magic are getting it this year

Top Bottom