• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Well... Imagine if you were a baseball fan.

Well I am to an extent, I dont care to sit and watch baseball all year but I have always enjoyed it casually and of course the playoffs. But i have been a Marlins fan my whole life. Probably went to more Marlins games than another teams games in my lifetime. But that is a whole different level of hate and shame, they go beyond normal sports ups and downs. Its disgusting what has happened to them.

Vire

He just went ham on the timberwolves bra

It's not just this game...

In the past 6 games he's shooting over 60% averaging 28 points.

More stats:

3kSRaO8.png

PBY

Banned
Well I am to an extent, I dont care to sit and watch baseball all year but I have always enjoyed it casually and of course the playoffs. But i have been a Marlins fan my whole life. Probably went to more Marlins games than another teams games in my lifetime. But that is a whole different level of hate and shame, they go beyond normal sports ups and downs. Its disgusting what has happened to them.
You pretty much described my level of baseball fanhood. Went to so many games as a kid.

Vire

Never was a Baseball fan down here... even when they won the World Series in 97'.

As a side note, if I hear the words Jeffrey Loria one more time on 790, I'm going to murder someone.

Vahagn

So many offensive boardssss

He can't shoot tonight.

Want us to post MORE depressing shit?

gtfo

Utah loses on the road to Mil after most of Jazz-Age routinely trashes Monta and Jennings andddddd G-TYME has a bad game and you expect me NOT to troll lol

Earl Watson, ***** ****, and Marvin Williams combined for zero points tonight.

They started.

Hard to win when Monta and Jennings are hitting garbage like that while Hayward's cold though. Should be a whatever loss based on luck more than anything else, but the upcoming schedule is too tough to accept that easily :(

Earl Watson, ***** ****, and Marvin Williams combined for zero points tonight.

They started.

Hard to win when Monta and Jennings are hitting garbage like that while Hayward's cold though. Should be a whatever loss based on luck more than anything else, but the upcoming schedule is too tough to accept that easily :(

Don't look over your shoulder!

Never was a Baseball fan down here... even when they won the World Series in 97'.

As a side note, if I hear the words Jeffrey Loria one more time on 790, I'm going to murder someone.

To me 03 was the most emotional run of sports I have witnessed from Miami sports, something about that whole playoff run that hit me more than any other championship. Second I would put 06 Heat.

Even though I was at the winning game last year, that championship did not make me feel the same way those other two did. It felt more like we had to win, like it was work rather than it being "wow we did it!"

Emwitus

what a good pick reddick was for the bucks. Eastern confrence playoffs will be fun this year with monta/jennings "...especially if rose comes back and miami goes on a tear only to fall to indiana.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I'm a self hating fan of any team of ours that suck, which happens a lot. Of course the main one being the Dolphins which is like living through some never ending hell of mediocrity.

I mean first season of the big 3 when you would agree left and right with the haters to simply fit in and Vindicator was ripping you for it. Nobody is more frustrated with the Dolphins than I, but I would never hate the team. I may not watch, or even attend many a Marlins game this year, but only out of protest (to the theifing of Loria and Sampson). The Panthers have regressed, gotta suffer through it. Nonetheless, Ireland botches this draft and I'll go nuts.

diehard

Fleer
what a good pick reddick was for the bucks. Eastern confrence playoffs will be fun this year with monta/jennings "...especially if rose comes back and miami goes on a tear only to fall to indiana.

Jennings and Monta just played the best they possibly can and needed OT and asshole 3's to beat a team that had 3 starters go 0-16.

Vire

To me 03 was the most emotional run of sports I have witnessed from Miami sports, something about that whole playoff run that hit me more than any other championship. Second I would put 06 Heat.

Even though I was at the winning game last year, that championship did not make me feel the same way those other two did. It felt more like we had to win, like it was work rather than it being "wow we did it!"
2006 was very special for me because it was the first time I experienced a championship win for a sport and team I really cared about.

I agree though, last year was just a relief. This year, we can enjoy it.

I mean first season of the big 3 when you would agree left and right with the haters to simply fit in and Vindicator was ripping you for it. Nobody is more frustrated with the Dolphins than I, but I would never hate the team. I may not watch, or even attend many a Marlins game this year, but only out of protest (to the theifing of Loria and Sampson). The Panthers have regressed, gotta suffer through it. Nonetheless, Ireland botches this draft and I'll go nuts.

I have no clue what you are talking about. I fought with everyone on this board about the big 3 about how great they would be.

PBY

Banned

I agree with you- I was real young in 97, and 03 was just this moment that felt like the whole town was kinda riding this magical train to the chip. I remember my HS shutting down after we won, shit was surreal.

Weirdly, I don't remember too much of 06- more than anything I just felt great to get by the damn Pistons which had been our kryptonite. Also, it sucked how the next year Shaq turned into Snaq and the team fell apart- which was clear from opening night.

PBY

Banned
face it heatles, it's either them or boston lol In all honesty, those are the only two teams in the league who don't fear them. EVen oklahoma shit their pants.

What does "fear" mean? I hate that kind of intangible bullshit, its all projections, not reality.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
face it heatles, it's either them or boston lol In all honesty, those are the only two teams in the league who don't fear them. EVen oklahoma shit their pants.

oldtics wont beat miami. they got lucky bosh was hurt. even with rose its a 1 man team so they wont beat miami either.

Emwitus

What does "fear" mean? I hate that kind of intangible bullshit, its all projections, not reality.

It means what it means. Those intangiblle bullshits took you to game 7 last year. Okc, hasn't beat miami since......game 1 of the finals.

oldtics wont beat miami. they got lucky bosh was hurt. even with rose its a 1 man team so they wont beat miami either.

I'm just saying boston/indiana are the only two teams that can even compete. Otherwise congrats lebron on number 2.

Vire

I agree with you- I was real young in 97, and 03 was just this moment that felt like the whole town was kinda riding this magical train to the chip. I remember my HS shutting down after we won, shit was surreal.

Weirdly, I don't remember too much of 06- more than anything I just felt great to get by the damn Pistons which had been our kryptonite. Also, it sucked how the next year Shaq turned into Snaq and the team fell apart- which was clear from opening night.

I was actually in the Hospital during the 06' run.

I remember being angry and resentful after the first two games. How could this happen to me, suffering through surgery and then watching the team I grew up with crumble right before my eyes.

Then Dwyane Wade happened...

PBY

Banned
It means what it means. Those intangiblle bullshits took you to game 7 last year. Okc, hasn't beat miami since......game 2 of the finals.

The reason it went to 7 wasn't "lack of fear" tho- Rondo balled out, and KG turned back the clock. You basically just illustrated why i hate the intangibles argument- you turned to "fear" to explain what normally wouldn't make sense. Its just u projecting.

I was actually in the Hospital during the 06' run...

I remember being angry and resentful after the first two games. How could this happen to me, suffering through surgery and then watching the team I grew up with crumble right before my eyes.

Then Dwyane Wade happened...

Game 3, greatest basketball game ever for me.

Emwitus

The reason it went to 7 wasn't "lack of fear" tho- Rondo balled out, and KG turned back the clock. You basically just illustrated why i hate the intangibles argument- you turned to "fear" to explain what normally wouldn't make sense. Its just u projecting.

You know what fear means...no need for me to explain that now right? KG/pierce/jet even green have more heart than everyone on okc except maybe westbrook. I think hate plays a big part in how much a team competes, don't you?

PBY

Banned
You know what fear means...no need for me to explain that now right? KG/pierce/jet even green have more heart than everyone on okc except maybe westbrook.

I can't have this argument- we just have to agree to disagree, because we just have such fundamentally different views of how sports work.

Top Bottom