• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

It means what it means. Those intangiblle bullshits took you to game 7 last year. Okc, hasn't beat miami since......game 2 of the finals.

I'm just saying boston/indiana are the only two teams that can even compete. Otherwise congrats lebron on number 2.
OKC hasn't beaten us since game 1 :). Cletics didn't take us to game seven because they "didn't fear us". It was because they were playing out of their minds
You know what fear means...no need for me to explain that now right? KG/pierce/jet even green have more heart than everyone on okc except maybe westbrook. I think hate plays a big part in how much a team competes, don't you?
nevermind. imma stop right here.

Lakers have a better chance of catching the Jazz than the Rox.

edit: I mean, LA has a better chance of stealing Utah's playoff spot than LA has of stealing the Rockets playoff spot

Emwitus

I can't have this argument- we just have to agree to disagree, because we just have such fundamentally different views of how sports work.

Sports is not emotionless but agreed.

OKC hasn't beaten us since game 1 :). Cletics didn't take us to game seven because they "didn't fear us". It was because they were playing out of their minds

nevermind. imma stop right here.

All i'm saying is their hate for you guys plays a big part on how they play you, but oh well.

pilonv1

Timberwolves PR ‏@Twolves_PR

After scoring 20+ points six times over his first 114 NBA gms, @realdwill7 has now scored 20+ pts in four of the last five gms. #Twolves

I bet Wes Johnson had some good games once as well.

7fcfc683a35dc1ed0898836eebc66a30_large

Lolol I really am- the thing is I used to be very Stugotz/First Take in how I took in sports, but Lebatard combined with a bunch of the new wave of metrics guys have really changed my sports mindset.

Me too! Though I still have some stugotz in me, I think there is still some room for emotion. I dont know how else to explain what Lebron went through against Dallas.

PBY

Banned
Me too! Though I still have some stugotz in me, I think there is still some room for emotion. I dont know how else to explain what Lebron went through against Dallas.

Agreed, Dallas was such a mystery. I just choose to block that series out of my mind.

Monta and Jennings managed to be a net positive and Bargs is 3-4 from 3 right now.

Pulling out all the stops to ensure LA get that first round sweep.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Damn it, V. You actually get decent minutes in the first half of this game and you go 1-7. Casey will feel justified keeping him on the bench now.

Vahagn

I don't understand how people completely remove "intangibles" out of the conversation of sports. It's like pretending emotions don't exist which is so counterintuitive to basic human experience. They're not set in stone and unchangeable, they may change from moment to moment but they exist and have an influence on events.

Vince Carter at the line in the Orlando playoff series that's been gifed to death looked so shaken and insecure, it was clear to everyone who watched that why he missed those two.

It explains why a guy like Dwight makes a 100 out of a 116 free throws in practice but shoots 49% in games with the spotlight on. To pretend that fear, confidence, pressure, momentum don't exist in a game and don't have a substantial impact seems so counterintuitive to what's being watched.

Top Bottom