• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

KingGondo

Banned
They're better equipped to handle Lebron than OKC. Kawhi and Jaxx are at least bigger bodies than Sefalosha and we all know Durant can't handle Lebron. Their interior defense with Duncan at the helm is also better than Ibaka's pogo defense and Perkins' zombie speed defense.
You're clearly forgetting our secret weapon:

ronnie-brewer-hd.jpg

We got this.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Maybe, but both are in the same spot.

Spurs are at least disciplined and well coached. You won't see Popovich ever playing a line-up of Patty Mills, Parker, and Gary Neal like Brooks did with Fisher, Westbrook, and Sefalosha.

You're clearly forgetting our secret weapon:

ronnie-brewer-hd.jpg

We got this.

That's like Heat fans saying Norris Cole is their secret weapon.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Bottom of the page is the best place to admit this. I just lost 2-1 to my female co-worker in foosball. I'm actually really good at foosball. I can't explain this. Reilo, just marry her and taker her away already.
Thought this needed a repost

KingGondo

Banned
reilo said:
That's like Heat fans saying Norris Cole is their secret weapon.
The real reason the Heat won last year is because guys like Battier, Cole, and Miller had unbelievably good shooting performances and the sixth man of the year played like ass.

reilo

Bottom of the page is the best place to admit this. I just lost 2-1 to my female co-worker in foosball. I'm actually really good at foosball. I can't explain this. Reilo, just marry her and taker her away already.

My offer always stands. Send her my way.

Vahagn

The real reason the Heat won last year is because guys like Battier, Cole, and Miller had unbelievably good shooting performances and the sixth man of the year played like ass.

Or veterans showed up and a young team in their first Finals berth came up short?

Also, don't kid yourself. If Lebron plays in the 2012 Finals like he did in 2011 Finals Miami loses that series no matter how hot Battier or Miller were.

But yea, their outside shooting that series was just straight insane.

You got destroyed by durant last year, harden played real well as well. Yeah, Bron and Wade will eat you.

Memphis and Indiana have the best defenses for Miami but they don't have the offense. Meanwhile the Spurs and Thunder have the best offenses but not enough defense.

Grizzlies' DRtg: 99.9
Spurs' DRtg: 100.2

?

Vahagn

People don't realize how good the Spurs' defense has been, do they? They're #6 in ORtg and #3 in DRtg.

Meanwhile, Miami is a pedestrian #11 in DRtg.

Miami's been coasting for long periods of the season. They turn up their perimeter defensive intensity and just get TO after TO at will. It's like the early 90's Jordan/Pippen Bulls.

SA is good, but I wouldn't say their defensive ceiling is better than Miami's if both are playing at a 100% effort level.

The Warriors schedule is probably the opposite of brutal. Last 16 of 22 games are at home playing opponents on back to backs 4 times. If we win the games we should we'll keep the 6th seed pretty handily, and even if we play .500 ball 7th seed is probably the worst.

7th seed for the Lakers is pretty damn optimistic.

I clarified that I thought your schedule was pretty brutal even with the home games.

2 w/ SA
2 w/ HOU
2 w/ LA
OKC, UTAH, NY, MIL & CHI

You're 4 & 11 since feb 5th. I don't think my assesment is overly optimistic considering the above.

reilo

Miami's been coasting for long periods of the season. They turn up their perimeter defensive intensity and just get TO after TO at will. It's like the early 90's Jordan/Pippen Bulls.

SA is good, but I wouldn't say their defensive ceiling is better than Miami's if both are playing at a 100% effort level.

Jay Bilas?

for this to happen:

1. Utah / Golden State need to continue losing streak
2. Lakers have to ensure their easy schedule remains easy to them (don't lose to scrub teams that are already out of the running and looking to tank.)
3. They get back Gasol before the end of the month and he plays well

for the lakers to not make it:

- Go on another Losing streak (lose 4 in a row and they're done)
- Utah / Golden State / Houston dont lose a single game for the rest of the season.
- Dwight / Clark / Kobe / Nash gets hurt (done)
- Gasol comes back and is the cancer of the team.
- Sign Raja Bell and fuck up the chemistry.
- Lakers move at the same pace as the other teams in front of them.

i see the lakers making it based on the fact that the houston gets cold feet

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing
Kobe got Joey to rescind the last tech, but today is a new day! Joey Crawford, Kevin Fehr and David Jones are Lakers-Thunder refs tonight.

We've already lost
inkcLeF1AOTfo.gif

Grizzlies' DRtg: 99.9
Spurs' DRtg: 100.2

?

Matchups matter. Can't just assume a good defensive team plays good defense versus all teams.

I don't believe the Spurs matchup well defensively with Miami. Or significantly worse than some other top 4 seeds, except maybe OKC.

Spurs play good D but I don't think they have the right mix for Miami on that end. My opinion.

edit: I had the same basic opinion of Spurs vs OKC last year and it turned out that way. I think Spurs could beat OKC this time around because of the Harden trade, though.

Top Bottom