• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

can someone explain to me, and back it up with evidence, why Zeller was a bad pick for the Horncats? Fucking Phoenix passed on Noel, and Len had pretty pedestrian stats for someone so heavily hyped. So who would have been a better pick? McCollum? McLemore?

zychi

Banned
Ugh, that Simmons joke about Amare was so awkward because Jalen and the other 2 scrubs don't get his sense of humor, just terrible. That silence was deafening.

Felt more like "Dude, Bill, you're ripping on players your employers hype up! You can't do that, and we aren't going to laugh at your joke."

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/06/27/4133869/bobcats-miss-big-opportunity.html

When the Charlotte Bobcats made their selection in Thursday's NBA draft, Kentucky center Nerlens Noel was available. Maryland center Alex Len was available. If you prefer guards, the best guard in the draft, Kansas’ Ben McLemore, was available.

In other words, the best players in the 2013 draft were still out there. It was as if the Bobcats orchestrated the thing. It was as if they finally won the lottery. It was as if Charlotte’s fourth pick was the first pick. The night was going to be legendary.

And then it wasn’t.

The Bobcats selected Indiana forward Cody Zeller.

(snip)

But it could be worse. Remember Adam Morrison, whom the Bobcats selected with the third pick in the 2006 draft? Remember what he looked like?

What would make this worse is if Zeller comes to town with a black moustache.

Eleuin

QUOTE]Don't worry my team sucks more.

Felt more like "Dude, Bill, you're ripping on players your employers hype up! You can't do that, and we aren't going to laugh at your joke."

Felt more like how a real commentator/analyst should be talking instead of this PC generic cookie-cutter bullshit that Jalen and others crap out.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
WTF is Jalen Rose doing? Stop embarassing yourself with the rapping and singing ad libs. I don't know why he feels like he has to do this every few minutes when he's on ESPN.

Pimpwerx

The CBA has been great. It's pretty much guaranteed that as long as Micky is willing to eat that luxury tax poop burger, there's no possible way for another GM to construct a competitive roster. Is this really what owners wanted? PEACE.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The CBA has been great. It's pretty much guaranteed that as long as Micky is willing to eat that luxury tax poop burger, there's no possible way for another GM to construct a competitive roster. Is this really what owners wanted? PEACE.
We knew that years ago. Only the Lakers can do anything, but they're stuck.

Celtics traded irrelevancy for irrelevancy.

Cody Zeller is like Adam Morrison how exactly? What a dumb comparison.

It's fucking retarded, Zeller put on a god level performance for a big at the combine. Lol at the useless CO hyping up Len and McLemore as being sooo much better than Zeller. Quit your day jobs hacks, you suck at it.

can someone explain to me, and back it up with evidence, why Zeller was a bad pick for the Horncats? Fucking Phoenix passed on Noel, and Len had pretty pedestrian stats for someone so heavily hyped. So who would have been a better pick? McCollum? McLemore?

Show me the evidence that Nerlens knee is healing badly though, because from all reports we've heard he's ahead of schedule.

And if that's the case and he's going to come back 100% then it was a terribad pick because he's a much better prospect than Zeller.

PBY

Banned
It's fucking retarded, Zeller put on a god level performance for a big at the combine. Lol at the useless CO hyping up Len and McLemore as being sooo much better than Zeller. Quit your day jobs hacks, you suck at it.
Damn, it's crazy watching you go through the 5 stages right before our eyes.

charsace

We knew that years ago. Only the Lakers can do anything, but they're stuck.

Celtics traded irrelevancy for irrelevancy.

The Knicks and Bulls could build a roster also that can compete because both teams could eat the luxury tax costs. Bulls could if the owner actually liked basketball.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I mean he does nothing particularly well... Nothing at all but shoot the god damn 3 ball... And he is a God Damn Hardaway.... Fuck this draft

Top Bottom