• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Is it bad that I think a french version of McGee (most french players are respectful and hard working) in Gobert might be worth the Wiz taking a shot at.

If he was the same guy from the US I wouldn't even look at him but since he's from France I feel like he won't be a knuckle head.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
When was the last time a sure number one guy fell from the lottery?

Gay?

fran fraschilla was saying that a lot of gms are concerned about noel's weight.

they were also saying burke impressed everyone with his interviews + better than excepted measurements.

He'd have been a wizard if he left when his stock was high.

And I think both parties would probably prefer that to having Jan Vesely or being locked on OKC's bench.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I can't believe a GM would be stupid enough to draft Noel in the top 15.

Was there ever an injured college/high school player going into the draft that panned out to be anything?

thekad

Banned
I can't believe a GM would be stupid enough to draft Noel in the top 15.

Was there ever an injured college/high school player going into the draft that panned out to be anything?
Kenyon Martin?

Really similar draft to that one actually :lol

According to Lakers fans they're in trouble

Nevermind there's less than $35million committed in 2015, including Lee and Steph's extension

The biggest offseason splash the Warriors could possibly make is to somehow sign the Phoenix Suns training staff. It's not as if Phoenix needs them right now anyways..

Westlo

Warriors have really no offseason moves to make other than swapping expiring contracts of Biedrins and Jefferson for a good player. Next year is going to depend on consistency from Barnes and Thompson as well as a full recovery for Bogut and Curry.

Maybe Jackson could learn some plays too.

Jazz fans (for sure) and Bucks fans (maybe) will take note. Dennis Schroeder, the German PG charging up draft boards, has singled out Utah and Milwaukee as preferred destinations on draft night. Which is particularly relevant since the interest may be mutual and both will be picking in the right range, with the Jazz probably at 14, barring a long-shot climb into the top three on lottery night, and the Bucks at 15.

As Schroeder himself pointed out to me, the Jazz have the position need as Mo Williams heads into free agency. (Good chance they'd have the need even if Williams wasn't.) When we talked and I asked what he considered the best option for the start of his NBA career, Utah was the first place he mentioned.

Schroeder is pretty small, but I wouldn't mind him at 14 at all.

burke's lane agility numbers are not good, obviously can't put that much stock into combine shit after farmar had a 42 inch vertical but still

He's got a 34" vert and bigger hands than Kenneth Faried, which is impressive. Looks like he's slightly taller than Chris Paul, no?

Yeah, he's more light than short. His percentages around the rim were just bad in Europe and he looked small though, hopefully he can get a bit bigger and score in the paint.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
That vert sucks

34" puts him in the same territory as Jrue Holiday, and ahead of Darren Collison, Tony Douglas and Eric Maynor.

Maybe "impressive" was hyperbole for the vert, but it's not "sucks" territory. His wingspan for his height is also great - 6'7.5".

burke's lane agility numbers are not good, obviously can't put that much stock into combine shit after farmar had a 42 inch vertical but still

He looks like all he's ever done is lift and shoot jumpers all day

I don't like him personally.

34" puts him in the same territory as Jrue Holiday, and ahead of Darren Collison, Tony Douglas and Eric Maynor.

Maybe "impressive" was hyperbole for the vert, but it's not "sucks" territory.

None of those guys are impressive athletically other than Jrue, and he's 6'4. Dennis is 6'2. He's got long arms but as a guy who is going to be expected to penetrate that vert is kind of meh.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
None of those guys are impressive athletically other than Jrue, and he's 6'4. Dennis is 6'2. He's got long arms but as a guy who is going to be expected to penetrate that vert is kind of meh.

He's got a 6'7.5" wingspan. That's shooting guard territory. Many of the 6'4-6'5 players measured with that wingspan.

He's got long arms and giant hands, that's a huge benefit in the NBA.

Brinbe

Keeping hope alive!

Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo: MLSE hires firm to look for possible replacement, sources say

The deadline to determine the future of Raptors president and general manager Bryan Colangelo is quickly arriving. According to NBA sources, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment — and new chief executive officer Tim Leiweke — has to decide by Monday on whether to pick up Colangelo’s option year for 2013-14. That will end a drawn-out saga of Colangelo’s future that’s been in question since Leiweke took over as the majordomo at Maple Leaf Sports last month. While not officially on the job yet, Leiweke has been given all responsibility to determine Colangelo’s fate. The two men have met and discussed plans for the Raptors future but neither has spoken publicly about their feelings.
And Leiweke is not conducting the search for a possible replacement on his own; multiple NBA sources say MLSE has hired a head-hunting firm to whittle down a list of possible replacements. Two names being tossed around NBA circles at the league’s annual draft combine are Kevin Pritchard, currently the general manager of the Indiana Pacers and Troy Weaver, the vice-president and assistant general manager of the Oklahoma City Thunder. There may be others on any short list compiled by the unnamed search firm but neither of those are seen as the slam-dunk, high-profile executives many were expecting to emerge from Leiweke’s search. Pritchard has been the general manager in Indiana since 2012, joining the Pacers from a similar position with the Portland Trail Blazers.
Wouldn't mind KP at all!

He's got a 6'7.5" wingspan. That's shooting guard territory. Many of the 6'4-6'5 players measured with that wingspan.

He's got long arms and giant hands, that's a huge benefit in the NBA.

I think he's a nice project, I just wish he had a little more explosion given that his actual basketball skills seem subpar at this point.

You want a jump out of the gym project? Cool, want a super skilled guy? Great. Schroeder doesn't seem to be much of either side of the coin but his measurements are nice and he moves well.

burke strangely measured better in the modified lane agility drill, ranking 2nd among all point guards (he was 9th among point guards in the normal lane agility) and hits 3/4th sprint was only .04 less than ty lawson's.

larkins' stats are insane though, i think he'll definitely go in the 1st round now

Jarlaxle

Where do you guys see Adams going? I would love for the Suns to make a trade for a pick in the teens for him. I know he's going to be a project but we've got nothing but time and I think he'll wind up being a very solid 5 in a couple of years.

Where do you guys see Adams going? I would love for the Suns to make a trade for a pick in the teens for him. I know he's going to be a project but we've got nothing but time and I think he'll wind up being a very solid 5 in a couple of years.

he'll be available pretty late imo, between 15 and 30

Just found out Gobert averaged 3 DRPG in 22 minutes PER in french league.

lol do not want

charsace

Burke is overrated. He had problems beating guys off the dribble without a pick. I would hope Orlando doesn't waste a pick on a Jameer-like player.

Myck is the guy I want the Knicks to take. We really need his ball handling and ability to get into the lane.

I see Adams going in the top 8.

Stern needs to rig the draft so the Kings get the first pick. It worked for the Hornets right? Why not the Kings. :(

you'd want him (or rather Siver) to rig it next year...not this draft.

I don't think McLemore is any better than Evans or Thorton. And Noel doesn't fit too well next to Cousins I think

Top Bottom