• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Burke is overrated. He had problems beating guys off the dribble without a pick. I would hope Orlando doesn't waste a pick on a Jameer-like player.

picks don't go away in the nba lulz, plus I think he'll be helped by the far superior floor spacing and no handchecking at the next level. his hesitation and ability to change speeds is good. he burned aaron craft 1v1 multiple times in their last matchup. i guess he struggled vs the cuse zone but then he was able to get into the paint whenever he wanted to against louisville who were the best defensive team in the ncaa.

i dunno, i just find it hard to ignore a guy that was able to lead his team in scoring in the toughest conference in college while also having a cp3-tier pure point rating at only 20 years old.

why would you be worried about his point guard skills? a 3.0 ast/to and 6+ pure point rating is elite and he played in an nba styled pick and roll offense. his defense will probably always suck though.

Yea I'm aware of his stats. It's more of an eyetest thing for me--I just didn't the court vision or penetration ability that leads to higher assist numbers in the league. Yea, the APG completely goes against how I feel, but I'm always surprised when I see those numbers based on what I'm actually watching.

Michael Carter Williams and Peyton Siva both had over 40 inch verticals.

Vertical leap measurements getting more useless by the minute.

Yea I'm aware of his stats. It's more of an eyetest thing for me--I just didn't the court vision or penetration ability that leads to higher assist numbers in the league. Yea, the APG completely goes against how I feel, but I'm always surprised when I see those numbers based on what I'm actually watching.

Michael Carter Williams and Peyton Siva both had over 40 inch verticals.

Vertical leap measurements getting more useless by the minute.

Siva gets up tho.

I think he had a 40 coming out of HS.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Burke is gonna be just fine. Its really more of a question of how good he could be. He'll be solid either way...

alba

Little is the new Big
We got two picks this draft, some good international players so and knowing our previous picks, we should have some good/solid future players (who won't play much in their rookie year under thibs though, lol) :)

So what team is gonna swing and miss on Gobert?

I hope everybody passes on him and we get him as a backup center to Noah (and they'd both speak french so that's awesome) :D

CJ McCollum looks like ***** **** and had the exact same measurements as ****, that's bad.

Along with him not being that good, this is another reason for the Jazz to avoid McCollum.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
picks don't go away in the nba lulz, plus I think he'll be helped by the far superior floor spacing and no handchecking at the next level. his hesitation and ability to change speeds is good. he burned aaron craft 1v1 multiple times in their last matchup. i guess he struggled vs the cuse zone but then he was able to get into the paint whenever he wanted to against louisville who were the best defensive team in the ncaa.

i dunno, i just find it hard to ignore a guy that was able to lead his team in scoring in the toughest conference in college while also having a cp3-tier pure point rating at only 20 years old.

Got to have something in the post for spacing to mean much..

Blackace

maybe shabazz will fall to the heat

he can be lebron's new yelling target

Bazz on the heat would be epic... the amount of bad shots that he would create by being on the floor with Wade would be Rivers like

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Now we just need teams back in Seattle and Vancouver and we're set

Fucking Stern...

Not sure if any of you read my rants on the NBA Sacramento relocation thread in Off-Topic, but I am super pissed the way the sale of the Kings went down.

Some shady ass shit, and all puppeteered by Stern.

Blackace

Fucking Stern...

Not sure if any of you read my rants on the NBA Sacramento relocation thread in Off-Topic, but I am super pissed the way the sale of the Kings went down.

I am a little glad the Kings are still in Sac-town.. as much as I want a team. But yeah his direct involvement in the Kings and the Thunder is not right

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Watching these combines (and knowing they aren't the end all of evaluating talent) Shroedder looks so much better than Burke

pilonv1

I need a new avatar

Harrison-Barnes-warriors-new-sleeve-jersey-adidas.jpg

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Once again lttp but Larkin definitely needs to go first round.

Also LoL at the joke about how biyombo lost his one on one drills to the hoop last year before he was drafted.

DY_nasty

Once again lttp but Larkin definitely needs to go first round.

Also LoL at the joke about how biyombo lost his one on one drills to the hoop last year before he was drafted.

?

Biyombo was a combine stud. His measurements and stuff were pretty much the best of the entire group.

DominoKid

Fucking Stern...

Did you ever expect anything else from that bastard? Dude is an exaggerated gait away from being Vince McMahon.

looking through all the combine news, i think this will be a very good draft for centers. noel, adams, dieng and withey all have a good chance of being decent starters.

CJ McCollum looks like ***** **** and had the exact same measurements as ****, that's bad.

Along with him not being that good, this is another reason for the Jazz to avoid McCollum.

why you hating on c-mac, he's more george hill than foye

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Looks like the Raps are also trying to bring back Masai Ujiri:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--raptors-targeting-nuggets-gm-masai-ujiri-to-run-organization-144448852.html

Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment is pursuing Denver Nuggets general manager Masai Ujiri to take over as the top basketball executive of the Toronto Raptors, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
Masai, the 2013 NBA Executive of the Year, has emerged as the top choice of the search firm – Korn/Ferry International – that's been charged with finding a successor to Raptors president Bryan Colangelo, league sources said.
MLSE has until Monday to make a decision on Colangelo's contract option for next year. It is possible that he could stay with the franchise under a new top basketball official.
Ujiri's contract as Denver's general manager expires this summer and he has been in talks with ownership on an extension. Ujiri, 42, has a strong bond with Nuggets CEO Josh Kroenke but new MLSE top executive, Tim Leiweke, has expressed a desire to make a serious financial and organizational commitment to an elite executive to turn around the franchise.
Ujiri has developed into the most well-respected and sought-after executives in sports. Ujiri is the first African-born GM in North American sports, and his ascension to stardom from modest beginnings has become something of league folklore.
After three years under Colangelo in the Raptors organization – including the final two as assistant GM – Denver hired Ujiri in 2010 as GM. His handling of the Carmelo Anthony trade with the New York Knicks became the textbook example of how to get maximum value for a star player. Through the Anthony trade, deals for Andre Iguodala and JaVale McGee and his draft acumen, Ujiri replenished the Nuggets' core into a Western Conference championship contender.
The Philadelphia 76ers pursued Ujiri for their GM job a year ago, but he declined their interest. Nevertheless, Ujiri's history in Toronto and the commitment of the MLSE company to resurrecting the Raptors could make this a harder decision for Ujiri, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. Ujiri is one of the NBA's lower paid GMs.

So with the 76ers getting a stats guy as GM and with the Raptors getting a possibly competent GM, I guess Jrue, Turner, DeRozan, Bargnani, and Gay are all on the trade block. Wonder who will be interested.

At least Yi lost to chairs

Yi destroyed the chair though.

Presti: "For us, the amnesty application is not something that we've considered as an organization."

Presti still dumb. I don't think that he gets that Brooks will always play the worst players on the roster.

For all the shit I love to give Shabazz he is basically Harrison Barnes without the ability to play stretch 4 and being a little less willing to pass. I don't know if that's horrible or pretty good. People loved Barnes in the playoffs so IDK.

barnes had a worse rookie season than landry fields

a couple rudy gay type scoring performances in the playoffs doesn't alter the reality that he wasn't that good this season

DY_nasty

as much as i love barnes, he was always a richard jefferson at best kinda player

barnes had a worse rookie season than landry fields

a couple rudy gay type scoring performances in the playoffs doesn't alter the reality that he wasn't that good this season

Yea, Shabazz is better at drawing fouls than Barnes though and is probably slightly better offensively.

Again I don't even know if that means anything but a lot of people are hyping up Barnes right now.

Yea, Shabazz is better at drawing fouls than Barnes though and is probably slightly better offensively.

Again I don't even know if that means anything but a lot of people are hyping up Barnes right now.

Barnes' got 2 inches on Shabazz. He can't play small-ball 4 like what they did with Barnes in the playoffs.

LuchaShaq

Banned
So with the 76ers getting a stats guy as GM and with the Raptors getting a possibly competent GM, I guess Jrue, Turner, DeRozan, Bargnani, and Gay are all on the trade block. Wonder who will be interested.

Yi destroyed the chair though.

Presti still dumb. I don't think that he gets that Brooks will always play the worst players on the roster.

Jrue isn't going to be traded, he's the best player on the roster by far and on a great contract.

Top Bottom