• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I mean.... Bazz IS Howland's last suretobescrewedbyUCLAoffense player.

He might be the best player in the draft.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Meh @ DY.

IWMTB, tell me about Giannis Adetokunbo.

A bit of a mystery and he has already got a promise from a team later in the first. Physically he looks like he could be something great but he is young. Pistons, and Boston GM's have personally gone there to see him and most scouts compare him to Nicolas Batum but more ball dominant. So a team that could use a starter level player at the 3 but realize that they will have to buy him out his contract to train him or let him develop overseas some more.

With all that said I could see the Sun's, Spurs, Timberwolves, and Knicks draft this kid if he is available when they pick due to needs, and/or emphasis on european scouting.

Meh @ DY.

IWMTB, tell me about Giannis Adetokunbo.

I need to watch a couple more of his games, but I'm not really impressed by his offense. He's 6'10 and can dribble, but he's a bad shooter and finisher and I don't think you can be that good offensively with those qualities.

Defensively, he's really long and seems decently intelligent so I guess he could become a pretty good defender and could eventually be a starter.

Jrue isn't going to be traded, he's the best player on the roster by far and on a great contract.

He's one of the most inefficient gunners in the NBA and I doubt that level of play is something Hinkie will be interested in.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I need to watch a couple more of his games, but I'm not really impressed by his offense. He's 6'10 and can dribble, but he's a bad shooter and finisher and I don't think you can be that good offensively with those qualities.

Defensively, he's really long and seems decently intelligent so I guess he could become a pretty good defender and could eventually be a starter.

He's one of the most inefficient gunners in the NBA and I doubt that level of play is something Hinkie will be interested in.

Inefficient? Yes

Gunner? No.

If he had even a couple of competent scorers on the squad he wouldn't have to jack up so many mediocre shots.

Would holiday take 16 shots a game if Bynum was healthy?

Would holiday take 16 shots a game if the sixers didn't have one of the worst sets of wings in the league?

I doubt it for both.

I'm not saying he will bust out a 50/40/90, but circumstances like this often inform stats.

Inefficient? Yes

Gunner? No.

If he had even a couple of competent scorers on the squad he wouldn't have to jack up so many mediocre shots.

Would holiday take 16 shots a game if Bynum was healthy?

Would holiday take 16 shots a game if the sixers didn't have one of the worst sets of wings in the league?

I doubt it for both.

His ORtg hasn't hit 100 in the last two years. He's considered a great scorer by many around the league, but his advanced metrics for scoring are terrible so I don't think a team lead by a stats guy now will be interested in keeping him when they could probably get a quality piece for a guy they probably don't value at all. He's less efficient than Monta Ellis and barely more efficient than Rudy Gay, he's too abysmal at drawing fouls to be efficient.

A bit of a mystery and he has already got a promise from a team later in the first. Physically he looks like he could be something great but he is young. Pistons, and Boston GM's have personally gone there to see him and most scouts compare him to Nicolas Batum but more ball dominant. So a team that could use a starter level player at the 3 but realize that they will have to buy him out his contract to train him or let him develop overseas some more.

With all that said I could see the Sun's, Spurs, Timberwolves, and Knicks draft this kid if he is available when they pick due to needs, and/or emphasis on european scouting.

Thanks. Which team promised him then...

Could he fit well with the Clips?

Zeus Molecules

Thanks. Which team promised him then...

Could he fit well with the Clips?

no one knows... which could also make it a ploy... I can think of a few players who got taken earlier than they should have based on them having a "promise" from another team. So no one knows but ItWasMeantToBe19 is right this is a weird draft... After the few Big names at forward. those promising centers and PG's get taken the draft begins to look bleak at about 20 (which is normal but deep down this whole draft is bleak) so I could see a team anywhere after that taking a runner on potential from overseas.

Kevtones

Burke will be good. I hope the Blazers trade up for Oladipo or Burke. With picks 39, 40, and 45 - I think they do something.

Shabazz will probably be alright. Would love for Portland to get him and one of the above.

Rudy Gobert's measurements :-O

Whichever team gets Andre Roberson in the 2nd round wins. I think Miami is selecting Arsalan Kazemi.

I think the Clippers need more shooting than he can provide, but he has a better chance of being a good player than most of the other guys at the end of the first-round (unless Withey slips to that area)

Fair enough. If the rumors about VDN getting an extension are true...

/wrist

no one knows... which could also make it a ploy... I can think of a few players who got taken earlier than they should have based on them having a "promise" from another team. So no one knows but ItWasMeantToBe19 is right this is a weird draft... After the few Big names at forward. those promising centers and PG's get taken the draft begins to look bleak at about 20 (which is normal but deep down this whole draft is bleak) so I could see a team anywhere after that taking a runner on potential from overseas.

Yeah. I don't think the Clips have had a late first rounder in a long time, so this is a bit weird having to research fringe prospects.

Zeus Molecules

fuck Stern and his biased refs

The Knicks got to trade novak.... not because he sucks but DNP in the playoffs for 4 million a year is a bad contract.

pilonv1

join me

zcuxs.png

I thought I was the only Biedrins fan here

DCX

DCX
sigh...of all the things you would predict that would happen to the Knicks, shitty offense would not be one of them. Amar'e needs to be awesome again or be gone :/

DCX

For all the shit I love to give Shabazz he is basically Harrison Barnes without the ability to play stretch 4 and being a little less willing to pass. I don't know if that's horrible or pretty good. People loved Barnes in the playoffs so IDK.

Shabazz gonna be a another YNB. Average in the one year in college and then turn out decent...

sigh...of all the things you would predict that would happen to the Knicks, shitty offense would not be one of them. Amar'e needs to be awesome again or be gone :/

DCX

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic, but if not...

Actually, their offensive break down was pretty predictable given Anthony and JR's history of iso basketball, taking bad 23 fade away footers. Tyson Chandler has never really been a scorer, Jason Kidd is 100 years old. Even their god damn rookie is 35(to be fair, he's pretty good). Everyone knew the Knicks were taking a risk with Amare and his micro fracture knee, Knicks took a chance and it blew up in their face.

The Knicks join the Bulls and many other teams in the NBA in what's called basketball hell. Basketball hell is when you are good enough to win 50+ games, but end up losing in the playoffs every year because of teams like the Heat. Every team was in basketball hell during the Jordan Championship years, Kobe/Shaq etc. Basketball hell also includes being maxed out salary cap wise so you can't sign free agents, being too good to get a decent draft pick, as well as having players/contracts like Boozer/Amare,Deng that no one wants to trade for.

AcridMeat

Banned
Seems like we're multiplying then
I cheered every time I saw Biedrins this year. I really don't like how little they utilized him. After his double double years, we went through coaching changes and they decided "Hey this guy? Fuck him we are going to neglect his game and wear him down to nothing."

:((

DCX

Roleplayers regressing when the stakes get high is pretty regular in the playoffs. It's really not surprising.

That's why you don't give give the max to a guy who can't play and a guy who can't generate offense for shit.

DCX

my biggest disappointment was tyson disappearing. He was definitely not healthy and nowhere near 100% that he kept telling everyone. But knicks overall aside from shump, prigs and felton were fairly meh this post season.

Im eager to see what moves the knicks make in the offseason. Im not sure how i feel about JR but i hope we can still keep prigs and copeland. If shump can consistently make those 3s and cut and finish at the rim better maybe he can even be the 2nd or 3rd scoring option. Im excited to see him progress and be 100% hopefully next season.

I like our starters and maybe next year if most of em stay they will have better chemistry.

charsace

Shabazz gonna be a another YNB. Average in the one year in college and then turn out decent...

No, he really isn't. Dude is a 2/3 tweener. If he plays the 3 he would be able to use his strength to over power people. To play the 3 he would need to add more muscle for his game to work, but I think that would hurt his quickness. At the 2 he lacks the quickness to defend it and the lack of quickness and ballhandling would hurt him on offense. Howland opened up the offense this year and Shabazz still looked bad. ANd on top of all this the guy seems to be an asshole. Whoever drafts him is gonna be disappointed.

I want the Knicks to grab Myck Kabango.

Zeus Molecules

Roleplayers regressing when the stakes get high is pretty regular in the playoffs. It's really not surprising.

That's why you don't give give the max to a guy who can't play and a guy who can't generate offense for shit.

man Tyson was injured. its too obvious how much his ability fell off after he suffered his herniated disk in his back. I'm not mad at his 15 million and I believe he will come in next season stronger and with something to prove.

I like our starters and maybe next year if most of em stay they will have better chemistry.

I think the knicks need to add another starter in my opinion at the 3/4 and get Tyson a legitimate center as his back up (steisma maybe since I hear the wolves are planning to let him go anyway for nothing) After that if they can move any combination of Kidd, Camby, and Novak is just a plus. I've said it before 2015 is now the rebuild date they should spend that time building a winning culture and finding a better playoff identity.

man Tyson was injured. its too obvious how much his ability fell off after he suffered his herniated disk in his back

I think the knicks need to add another starter in my opinion at the 3/4 and get Tyson a legitimate center as his back up (steisma maybe since I hear the wolves are planning to let him go anyway for nothing) After that if they can move any combination of Kidd, Camby, and Novak is just a plus. I've said it before 2015 is now the rebuild date they should spend that time building a winning culture and finding a better playoff identity.
haaha, steisma is terrrrriible.

Zeus Molecules

for a PG I am really impressed with Larkin..... In my mind he had the best chance to climb the draft board into the lottery

Top Bottom