• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

pilonv1

PG: Isaiah Thomas | Jimmer Fredette | Toney Douglas | Ray McCallum
SG: Tyreke Evans | Marcus Thornton | Ben McLemore
SF: John Salmons | James Johnson | Travis Outlaw
PF: Jason Thompson | Patrick Patterson | Chuck Hayes
C: DeMarcus Cousins | Cole Aldrich

What could go wrong?

TANK FOR JABARI, TANK FOR JABARI, TANK FOR JABARI

Just wait till you sign Monta Ellis

Pkaz01

Nerlens Noel’s slide ends before it becomes catastrophic. He probably would’ve gone to the Suns, but their team doctors red flagged him (and considering their training staff’s rep, that could be a long term problem). While Hornets Pelicans fans might have dreams about teaming Noel up with fellow former Wildcat Anthony Davis, don’t be shocked if Noel gets traded soon. –Seth Sommerfeld

http://nbadraft.net/instant-analysis/2013

have fun phili

What could go wrong?

lol i forgot kings got douglas.

Shut up. They are different injuries.

ACL is min 9 months, max 18 months (usually 12 is high end)

Achilles is min 3 months, max 12 months (usually 9 is high end)
Achilles are 6 to 9 months, not 3 to 12 :lol Another genius. Look it up, look up all the reports about Kobe's recovery being 6 to 9 months. Look it up right now.

What in the fuck?

Chill out, dude. Reilo is right. Just because a player says they'll be participating at training camp doesn't guarantee they'll start the season. Shumpert was at training camp and missed half of the season with us.

He wasn't right.

Reilo made a condescending post insulting me saying "you guys realize you're talking to Heavy"... then his next post was "You don't even know Rondo's injured and could miss the entire season"

RONDO GOT HURT IN JANUARY, jesus christ. He's targeting a return at training camp. D-Rose's situation was an anomaly, he's been cleared to play by the doctors for months but he's not mentally ready. That's a different situation. Rondo is targeting a training camp return, end of story. Reilo was wrong, dead wrong on every fucking point. Done.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
At the time that Rondo got injured, the Celtics had a 20-18 record. That's with a starting roster of Rondo, Avery, Pierce, Garnett, and Bass.

But yes, please, tell me how Rondo is going to lead them to a 7th or 8th seed when the Celtics as constructed before tonight's trade finished... 7th. Tell me more.

At the time that Rondo got injured, the Celtics had a 20-18 record. That's with a starting roster of Rondo, Avery, Pierce, Garnett, and Bass.

But yes, please, tell me how Rondo is going to lead them to a 7th or 8th seed when the Celtics as constructed before tonight's trade finished... 7th. Tell me more.

I said I "wouldn't be surprised" if it happened, I didn't say it would. None of this changes the fact that you were DEAD WRONG on every point you made after that condescending remark.

reilo

Rondo (coming off of ACL injury), Avery, Gerald Wallace, Kris Humphries, Brandon Bass, Coach TBD == 7th seed. Yep, I'm the one that's completely wrong.

I said I "wouldn't be surprised" if it happened, I didn't say it would. None of this changes the fact that you were DEAD WRONG on every point you made after that condescending remark.

How can I be DEAD WRONG about something that hasn't happened yet? You're a fucking lol.

Achilles are 6 to 9 months, not 3 to 12 :lol Another genius. Look it up, look up all the reports about Kobe's recovery being 6 to 9 months. Look it up right now.

I gave you the min and max.

I tore my Achilles and was healed in 3 months. So I'm speaking from experience.

What could go wrong?

PG: Steve Nash | Steve Blake | Chris Duhon
SG: Kobe Bryant | Jodie Meeks
SF: Metta World Peace
PF: Pau Gasol |R Kelly
C: Jordan Hill | Robert Sacre

How'd y'all get so many players? Can we borrow a couple?

I can't want for Sacre and Ryan Kelly hit the floor together and form Robert Kelly.

reilo

Hey guys, Rajon Rondo has successfully come back from an ACL injury in under 9 months and is leading the Celtics to the playoffs. That is a FACT.

Rondo (coming off of ACL injury), Avery, Gerald Wallace, Kris Humphries, Brandon Bass, Coach TBD == 7th seed. Yep, I'm the one that's completely wrong.

How can I be DEAD WRONG about something that hasn't happened yet? You're a fucking lol.
Find me ONE QUOTE, ONE ARTICLE, anything that says Rondo could miss the entire season. Find it.

You were wrong. Instead of owning up to it you hold ground till death because that's what Internet keyboard warriors do -- they NEVER admit when they're wrong. Like 1% are man enough to admit it.

PG: Steve Nash | Steve Blake | Chris Duhon
SG: Kobe Bryant | Jodie Meeks
SF: Metta World Peace
PF: Pau Gasol |R Kelly
C: Jordan Hill | Robert Sacre

How'd y'all get so many players? Can we borrow a couple?

I can't want for Sacre and Ryan Kelly hit the floor together and form Robert Kelly.

Lakers said Duhon won't be back. Either traded or waived by the 30th.

If Dwight walks, Metta will be amnestied to save money.

Nash
Meeks
???
Hill
Pau

will be the starting lineup til Kobe is back. If Dwight leaves, don't be shocked to see Nash unloaded, either. Why keep him when you could get a draft pick out of him from someone.

And is your job a world-class professional athlete? The timetable is 6 to 9 months for pro athletes. Look it up, thanks.

It depends on numerous factors. I gave you a MINIMUM. I never argued Kobe would be 3 months. Given his age and degree of tear, obviously not. Your reading comprehension is that of a child.

reilo

Find me ONE QUOTE, ONE ARTICLE, anything that says Rondo could miss the entire season. Find it.

You were wrong. Instead of owning up to it you hold ground till death because that's what Internet keyboard warriors do -- they NEVER admit when they're wrong. Like 1% are man enough to admit it.

I gave you an example of a player missing a whole year due to ACL injury and you dismissed it as a "special case" or some shit.

I gave you an example of a player missing a whole year due to ACL injury and you dismissed it as a "special case" or some shit.

BECAUSE IT WAS.

DERRICK ROSE'S CASE HAS BEEN A RUNNING JOKE THE ENTIRE SEASON, THAT'S HOW MUCH OF A SPECIAL CASE IT WAS. It was an anomaly.

I'm done, I'm gonna watch a movie. Getting way too worked up and we aren't even talking about Kobe.

reilo

BECAUSE IT WAS.

DERRICK ROSE'S CASE HAS BEEN A RUNNING JOKE THE ENTIRE SEASON, THAT'S HOW MUCH OF A SPECIAL CASE IT WAS. It was an anomaly.

I'm done, I'm gonna watch a movie. Getting way too worked up and we aren't even talking about Kobe.

It's not an anomaly in the sports world for a player to take more than 9 months to come back from an ACL injury, how do you not understand that?

Lakers said Duhon won't be back. Either traded or waived by the 30th.

If Dwight walks, Metta will be amnestied to save money.

Nash
Meeks
???
Hill
Pau

will be the starting lineup til Kobe is back. If Dwight leaves, don't be shocked to see Nash unloaded, either. Why keep him when you could get a draft pick out of him from someone.

Nash for a pick or two. Amnesty Metta..

Steve Blake/ Darius Morris
Meeks
Chair
Hill / R Kelly
Sacre

Gonna need to pick up some undrafted dudes...Wiggins better be worth it.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/results/rounds/_/year/2013/round/2

Analysis by ESPN's Chad Ford.

Kelly fits the big man mold Lakers head coach Mike D'Antoni loves. He can shoot, handle the ball and plays with a great basketball IQ. D'Antoni will be able to maximize his talents. It's a great fit for him and the Lakers.

Meanwhile, D12 trying to run D'Antoni off and sabotage Ryan Kelly's career. Why does Dwight Howard hate Ryan Kelly? :(

It's not an anomaly in the sports world for a player to take more than 9 months to come back from an ACL injury, how do you not understand that?

You said he might miss the entire season and your reasoning for this is DERRICK FUCKING ROSE.

Instead of choosing one of the hundreds of cases where athletes have come back in 9 months, you choose one extreme case that's been scrutinized to death by everyone as the backing for your point.

That's the kind of man you are. Instead of just admitting you were wrong, just saying 'my bad' and movin on, you hold ground till your last breath never giving up an inch. GOD FORBID CONCEDING A POINT TO HEAVY LOL

sigh

reilo

9 months would have Rondo miss the start of training camp.

I FUCKING WIN

Nash for a pick or two. Amnesty Metta..

Steve Blake/ Darius Morris
Meeks
Chair
Hill / R Kelly
Sacre

Gonna need to pick up some undrafted dudes...Wiggins better be worth it.

Where's Pau? Pau going nowhere, Lakers will want to keep him when Lebron comes over.

Kobe, Wiggins, Lebron, Pau. game over.

Ebanks, Duhon guaranteed not to be back. Lakers said they want to keep Sacre and maybe Morris.

SamuraiX-

when you say "plan" you make it sound like we actually have a choice to do anything other than tank

v9GMzum.jpg

Jonm1010

Banned
I know I rarely post in NBA-gaf and maybe Im secretly the craziest person in the world, at least thats what the Pelicans forum keeps telling me, but I am utterly fucking livid at Dell Demps for tonights performance.

How in the Holy FUCK do you trade potentially TWO first round draft picks for Jrue FUCKING Holiday?!?!!!

Maybe the guys on the hot seat with new ownership, but to me hes Sacrificing the long term for the short term. We just gave up Noel(or even someone like Burke if we kept the pick) and potentially a 6-15 next year (cause we arent getting far into the playoffs if at all) for a guy that is at best somewhere in the 10-15 range of PG's in this league and if you look at advanced stats(I know) he is horrendous! Not to mention he ties our cap up so we cant do much in FA.

Fuck this night so much!

....Tell me im overreacting and everything is gonna be alright GAF :(

Where's Pau? Pau going nowhere, Lakers will want to keep him when Lebron comes over.

Ebanks, Duhon guaranteed not to be back. Lakers said they want to keep Sacre and maybe Morris.

It's harder to tank with Pau and you'd get more value out of another free agent than having Pau and his huge cap hold.

I figured Pau would kill himself like Knux on draft night trying to support Blake/Meeks/Hill starting lineup.

Lakers are gonna be so bad this year =(

Top Bottom