• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
You said he "might miss the entire season". You were DEAD WRONG.

How can I be the DEAD WRONG about the future? Jesus dude. You were the one that stated that he will be back at training camp as a fact. And do you understand what the word "might" means?

I know I rarely post in NBA-gaf and maybe Im secretly the craziest person in the world, at least thats what the Pelicans forum keeps telling me, but I am utterly fucking livid at Dell Demps for tonights performance.

How in the Holy FUCK do you trade potentially TWO first round draft picks for Jrue FUCKING Holiday?!?!!!

Maybe the guys on the hot seat with new ownership, but to me hes Sacrificing the long term for the short term. We just gave up Noel(or even someone like Burke if we kept the pick) and potentially a 6-15 next year (cause we arent getting far into the playoffs if at all) for a guy that is at best somewhere in the 10-15 range of PG's in this league and if you look at advanced stats(I know) he is horrendous! Not to mention he ties our cap up so we cant do much in FA.

Fuck this night so much!

....Tell me im overreacting and everything is gonna be alright GAF :(
Holiday is a young stud PG so your "sacrificing the long term for the short term" doesn't make too much sense. Holiday is becoming an elite PG, one of the best in the league. Who knows what happens with Noel and next year's 6-15 pick? Great move by the Pelicans.

I know I rarely post in NBA-gaf and maybe Im secretly the craziest person in the world, at least thats what the Pelicans forum keeps telling me, but I am utterly fucking livid at Dell Demps for tonights performance.

How in the Holy FUCK do you trade potentially TWO first round draft picks for Jrue FUCKING Holiday?!?!!!

Maybe the guys on the hot seat with new ownership, but to me hes Sacrificing the long term for the short term. We just gave up Noel(or even someone like Burke if we kept the pick) and potentially a 6-15 next year (cause we arent getting far into the playoffs if at all) for a guy that is at best somewhere in the 10-15 range of PG's in this league and if you look at advanced stats(I know) he is horrendous! Not to mention he ties our cap up so we cant do much in FA.

Fuck this night so much!

....Tell me im overreacting and everything is gonna be alright GAF :(

You traded away one of the most gifted pick-and-roll defenders and shot blockers in the last 20 years for a chucker who couldn't get to the free throw line to save his life, I'm sorry :(

It's hard to tank with Pau and you'd get more value out of another free agent than having Pau and his huge cap hold.

Lakers don't need to super tank. If they're bottom 6, they'll get it. Even if it ain't #1, some team before them will be stupid enough to pass up on Wiggins.

Pau won't play all the games, either. They'll shut him down last 2 months while Kobe goes gunning for scoring records.

Seriously

Morris-Meeks-scrub-Hill-Pau ain't winning many games regardless.

dwight-howard-rockets-billboard.jpg

You can have him.

J2 Cool

Nuggets trade Rudy Gobert (#27) to Jazz for Eric Green (#46) and cash.

Don't understand that one at all from Nuggets side. Jazz got Trey Burker and Gobert, good draft for them.

Jonm1010

Banned
Holiday is a young stud PG so your "sacrificing the long term for the short term" doesn't make too much sense. Holiday is becoming an elite PG, one of the best in the league. Who knows what happens with Noel and next year's 6-15 pick? Great move by the Pelicans.

Thats what I keep trying to tell myself but Im not sold on giving up this years first and potentially next years for a guy who I thinks ceiling is being right outside of the elite group at one of the least important positions in the game.

We're the Pelicans for christ sake. We arent getting any big time FA unless we overpay for someone over the hill. Our ONLY chance at elite status for this franchise is nailing at least one more superstar in the draft to put next to Davis(and hope Davis reaches his potential).

How can I be the DEAD WRONG about the future? Jesus dude. You were the one that stated that he will be back at training camp as a fact. And do you understand what the word "might" means?

A meteor might crash down on Earth and wipe us all out tomorrow. It could happen because HOW CAN ONE TELL THE FUTURE, derp.

I linked to a quote about him targeting a return at training camp, I didn't say it was a fact.

You said he might miss the entire season, an insanely wild prediction with no basis whatsoever other than Derrick Rose's headcase situation, which ignores the hundreds of others who have come back at a normal time.

You're now using the fact that he might miss training camp as a reason for me being wrong, because you're delusional. WHO IS MORE RIGHT:
Rondo comes back in November or December - Heavy
Rondo might miss the entire season - Reilo

You made a wild, baseless prediction because you didn't know the details of Rondo's injury, something you ironically INSULTED me about. There is not ONE article, quote, interview, anything, about Rondo missing the entire season, none, while the opposite is true about the statement I linked.

Vire

Thats what I keep trying to tell myself but Im not sold on giving up this years first and potentially next years for a guy who I thinks ceiling is being right outside of the elite group at one of the least important positions in the game.

We're the Pelicans for christ sake. We arent getting any big time FA unless we overpay for someone over the hill. Our ONLY chance at elite status for this franchise is nailing at least one more superstar in the draft to put next to Davis(and hope Davis reaches his potential).

Noel isn't the guy.

I wouldn't feed bad about it at all. This year's draft sucks.

Noel isn't the guy.

Third big man in college basketball history to have more than 5 blocks and 2 steals per 40 minutes.

Other two were Hakeem and The Admiral.

Someone just tell me. Was Len a good draft @ 5 or not?

Could be a good shot blocker in a few years, will never be anything noteworthy on offense. His absolute best possible scenario is your favorite player: Roy Hibbert

BadAss2961

DWill
Joe Johnson
Pierce
Garnett
Lopez
Terry off the bench

Holy shit at that starting 5... Nets literally have an all-star team.

Brooklyn fans, if my Bulls can't get it done, you guys better beat Miami.

Kevtones

McCollum - A - Fits a need and is a tremendous scorer. Hopefully he plays more off of Lillard as his high turnover rate is concerning. Still, he's proven it against top-flight competition and will be a success.

Crabbe - A+ - Steal for the Blazers. Guy has great range and touch, and plays with great instincts everywhere. His defense has upside and he was the best player on the floor against Anthony Bennett (outplaying him twice).

Withey - A - The best proven defender in the draft outside of Noel, and very skilled as a shot blocker. A great value at 39, and while his upside isn't huge, I think he's the most assured center in the draft behind Noel (who, if he stays healthy, can be dominant).

Jerrett - C - There's definite shades of Ryan Anderson there but he's underdeveloped. He is an exceptional shooter (like, one of the best in the draft) and has good rebounding instincts but there's a reason he got benched last year. Guess this means Babbitt is out.

Marko - F - How many euro-stash pics has Portland flopped on? There was good talent left on the board in Kazemi, Franklin, and a bunch of more interesting players. Ugh.

Overal - B

Great start, confusing finish. Jerrett might stick as a shooter but I really like their first 3 picks. Kazemi would've been the hero Portland needs.

giri

Third big man in college basketball history to have more than 5 blocks and 2 steals per 40 minutes.

Other two were Hakeem and The Admiral.

Could be a good shot blocker in a few years, will never be anything noteworthy on offense.

Except i'm told he has great touch around the rim? i'll take it. I think most of this draft will be poop.

And if the suns med staff have questions about Noels Knee.... Well, ask NYK fans about Amare.

DWill
Joe Johnson
Pierce
Garnett
Lopez
Terry off the bench

Holy shit at that starting 5... Nets literally have an all-star team.

Brooklyn fans, if my Bulls can't get it done, you guys better beat Miami.
the only guy on that team who aint team oriented and wants to pad stats is Iso Joe.
I can see him stinking it up.

Jonm1010

Banned
Noel isn't the guy.

Noel is a risk(and we could of taken a number of players with that pick) but at worst Noel never recovers and sucks and we come back and get a top 3 pick next year and nab one of the big names coming out. At best we develop one of the best young front courts in the league in a few years if both Davis and Noel reach their potential.

Holiday, Gordon, Anderson and Davis will AT BEST be a 8-6 seed sometime in the next 4 seasons. Thats assuming Gordon and Davis can even stay healthy.

I feel like tonight we sacrificed the long term potential to put together a team that will at best scratch the playoffs a few times in the next few seasons given the current NBA landscape, while eliminating what little ammunition we have(draft picks and cap money) to get better in the future.

J2 Cool

New Orleans needs to get healthy. Noel and Eric Gordon (and the Brow) could be interesting in a few years if they do. One more high pick away from a Thunder-like collection of young talent. I'd be super careful with Noel, just keep him in the weight room working upper body.

Top Bottom