• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Holiday is a young stud PG so your "sacrificing the long term for the short term" doesn't make too much sense. Holiday is becoming an elite PG, one of the best in the league. Who knows what happens with Noel and next year's 6-15 pick? Great move by the Pelicans.
lkGSVV6.gif

Holiday is a young stud PG so your "sacrificing the long term for the short term" doesn't make too much sense. Holiday is becoming an elite PG, one of the best in the league. Who knows what happens with Noel and next year's 6-15 pick? Great move by the Pelicans.

Jrue gets stats against garbage teams. we dont know what hes really like.

You guys are selling Jrue pretty short. Davis and Gimpy Gordon are better than anybody he played with in his career.

He's gonna look a lot better in NO, just because he;s not going to have to score as much.

this sucks for us because that means our pick is worse.

I am glad we are tanking but if Noel dies, MCW is as shit as I think and we get DY'd and if Jrue progresses...this could be franchise killing for us.

I really don't mind that hire at all. Mark was supposed to be the headcoach for The Defenders. GOnna get lots of great reaction gifs of Mark. Gonna awesome, right? Please tell me it'll be awesome.

I didn't mean that negatively. I meant that LS is perma'd and madsen is back with the team. I agree, I'm good with that pickup.

LOSERS:

Charlotte Bobcats: Well, at least they're used to being here. Not only did they reach for a player, but they reached for a guy who could wind up being a block magnet and may not be considerably better immediately than Byron Mullens. Think about that. In a draft with so many good scoring weapons, they went with a big with huge concerns about his ability to finish at the rim despite his size. Just not a great look with them taking Cody Zeller.

fucking LOL

The Pelicans are going to be one of the best teams in the West in two years just because Anthony Davis is going to be amazingly awesome even with mediocrity from JRue and Gordon.

edit: Zeller and Mullens have nothing in common.

SamuraiX-

So SwagLemore has some of the worst defensive awareness that I've ever seen for a guard who went Top 10 in a draft.

He'll fit right in.

Honestly, I think he can become a richman's Marcus Thornton with slightly better on-the-ball defense and a more willing passer. Which is perfectly fine with me.

I really just hope Bruke and McCollum don't kill it this next season... otherwise fuck everything.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I eagerly await Zeller's rookie year where Dy tells everyone "he ain't that bad, other players are fucking him" talk, only for Dy to throw him under the bus in year two.

Nori Chan

Mitch saying he's not giving qualifying offers to fromobe, glock, or ebanks) (idk a nickname for him...straight to the ebank?

the tank doesn't continue?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
DWill
Joe Johnson
Pierce
Garnett
Lopez
Terry off the bench

Holy shit at that starting 5... Nets literally have an all-star team.

Brooklyn fans, if my Bulls can't get it done, you guys better beat Miami.
Let me save you some time.

"Your" Bulls aren't getting it done.

Joeki11a

Banned
Whats stopping Allen, D. Howard, Jr
Smith from joining Nets???

Seems like the Russian wants to takeout Heat

Oh btw Nets were a great team last year

They just became Amazing

Mitch saying he's not giving qualifying offers to fromobe, glock, or ebanks) (idk a nickname for him...straight to the ebank?

the tank doesn't continue?

We're tanking on a budget is all that means.

Glock and DJO are shit and aren't owed a dime going forward, c-ya.

Jamison? Get gone. EC6? Thanks for the memories dog, but we have bigger fish to fry.

Trevor Arizbanks? Get yo dumb, drunk driving doppelganger ass out of here.

Howard welp, get fucked. Sacre? I love your enthusiastic karate chops, but are they worth paying him 1 mil for his qualifying offer? I say yes.

Metta World Amnesty.

Steve Nash....how do you feel about being traded for picks?
Chris Duhon.....how do you feel about being traded for some sandwiches?

Meeks....you may stay.

Kobe...Pau.....and Steve Blake I guess....

KM9rxaN.jpg

Bring on the 1 year contract 2k created players.

Bennett what the fuck?
WHAT THE FUCK BENNETT?
lmao no fucking way
WHAT THE FUCK
Why the hell did the Cavs choose Bennett? They don't need another forward, unless they are giving up on Thompson already
:lol CAVS
oh my god

is this real

lmao
Anthony Bennet?
ahhahhahahahahhahahahahhahaha

I love Cleveland, seriously I do
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
wtf!

bwahahahaah. Certainly there is a trade right?
NO FUCKING WAY

NEOCAVS OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG FUCKING SHOCKER!!!!!!!
let's be real, where'd Lamb go if he were in this draft

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA CAVS

BAIOGFNASDMSPG[ADMGPSDMHADSMH]PDASHSD

OMG, FIRST CANADIAN TO GO FIRST OVERALL... WIGGINS DENIED
waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.gif~original

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
Is this real life?
I love the NBA draft so much.
NO FUCKING WAY

AHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

DAT NOEL FACE

LOLLOLOLOLOL
Who the hell is Bennet?
LMAO noel
you cant be for real
huh? gilbert is on drugs
LMAO

dat L
STERN LOL
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????
LO!L!O!L!O!L!O!L!O!L!LK!OLL!L!L!1111111111
going to the nearest bridge
Oh my god.
HAHAHAHAHA
GO TO FUCKING HELL CLEVELAND
stern is lovin it
LMAOOOOOO
WTF !!!!!
i guess it's hard to choose Noel first

maaan wat
Oh my god Cavs Oh my god
Hahahaha! Cleveland WTF.
Fuck this life. I'm out
WHAT!!!!!!!!
Holy fuck!!!
Lol Bennet and lol Stern telling the crowd he wants more
that just happened.
Who? PEACE.
Haha, wtf.
Loooooooooolooooolll
What a waste a of a first overall pick, lmao
I'm about to pass out from laughing, never change Cleveland you are the best
I was concerned there for about a month that I might have the burden of rooting for a contender next year. Thank God the Cavs have saved me that!
I can't fucking breathe.

OMG LOL

This is the greatest moment in draft history since Kwame Brown. LMFAO
See you at the 2014 lottery, Gilberts!
dear god.

Chris Grant

wow son
I WAS RIGHT
Draft delivering earlier than usual.
The cavs take the reincarnation of Mike Sweetney. Because when you have the first pick taking an undersized 4 who loses against fatty food is always a must.
At least the Hawks would never make that pick.

Hahahaha

Fucking Cavs.
Tim Legler called it earlier and John Anderson dogged him for it....lol
Canada with two straight number one picks
Holy Shit! Lol
Did they let Nick Gilbert make the pick?
Back to back Canadian #1s. Bennett + Wiggins.
OK Cleveland done fucked the draft...... This shit is wide open
What the fuck
AND THE FIRST TEAM TO THROW THEIR HAT IN THE RACE FOR THE 2014 DRAFT

*pause*

*stern asks crowd to turn that shit up*

NEOCAVS
Noel look destroyed :( that look

jeez
Fuck life. Seriously, I called this shit.
Cleveland gonna Cleveland
Fucking everything was perfect.

Stern milking it.

Noel #howcometheydontwantmeman face.

ESPN analyst reactions.

GREATEST #1 PICK OF ALL TIME, OF ALL TIIIMME

"Highest drafted Canadian ever." L:OLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Cleveland already #RigginForWiggins

smh
So this is just a practice round right? The real draft starts at 8?
lol wtf Bennett?
WHA HAPPAN CELVELAND?!@?!?
So fucking dumb. I'm sure Irving is pissed.
That Simmons reaction.

Holy shit. LOL

Anthony Bennett is now a potential wing player according to Jalen Rose.

NBA 2013 Draft already delivering HARD in the first fucking minutes. ahahahahhahahaha
Mike Sweetney all over again. Donuts will always win against Bennett just watch.
I'd like to offer my condolences to any Cav fans.
sadnerlens.gif

Sad Noel.
big31.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Why are you guys assuming the Celtics will trade Rondo? there is a 60-70% of this not doing to happen.

Based on what?

He won't be traded until The ASG. By then if the Celts are lucky he will be back to where he was before the injury and they can get some decent value out of the trade. They seem to value him more than the rest of the league so who knows when he actually goes and for what.

Rondo will be 28 in January of next season, they won't be in any position to compete again for a few years. The parting will probably be a mutual desire.

Khalid-S

Based on what?

He won't be traded until The ASG. By then if the Celts are lucky he will be back to where he was before the injury and they can go full on tnak mode for the last part of the season.

Rondo will be 28 in January of next season, they won't be in any position to compete again for a few years. The parting will probably be a mutual desire.

Well thats true.. but Rondo always wanted to team up with J. Smith. With Pierce departure, there is a good chance of Celtics signing Smith. Thats IF they want to build around Rondo and make him happy.

D. Ainge today spoke to media about Rondo

http://nesn.com/2013/06/danny-ainge-celtics-not-looking-to-trade-rajon-rondo-at-this-time/

SamuraiX-

Nice round up, Frankman.

Yeah, I was absolutely losing my shit until right about when Noel was finally drafted.

This draft had it all. Draft of the decade. In the running for draft of the century.

The sheer amount of WTF? on picks and teams trading guys like they were the red-headed stepchild was amazing. Jesus Christ I have no idea what some of the GMs
Dan Gilbert
are thinking.

39218409.jpg

2013 NBA Undrafted List:

Jackie Carmichael
Myck Kabongo
Trevor Mbakwe
C.J. Leslie
James Southerland
Matthew Dellavedova
Phil Pressey
B.J. Young
Dewayne Dedmon
Richard Howell
Brandon Davies
Michael Snaer
Brandon Paul
Vander Blue
Robert Covington
Adonis Thomas
Kenny Kadji
Vitalis Chikoko
Seth Curry
D.J. Stephens
Augusto Cesar Lima
Jack Cooley
Zeke Marshall
Anthony Marshall
Christian Watford
Amath M'Baye
Travis Releford
Elias Harris
C.J. Aiken
Khalif Wyatt
Elijah Johnson
Will Clyburn
Rodney Williams
Jamelle Hagins
Laurence Bowers
Oleksandr Lypovyy
Joan Sastre

I was going to put in Position/Height/Weight but I'm tired. Search the names at DraftExpress or something.

linsivvi

So Rondo is now the man in Celtics? Who will he pass the ball to for his assists?

Next season is going to be fun.

Edit: Lakers need to put Myck Kabongo on the summer team. Building up that Canadian tradition with Nash/Kabongo/Wiggins.

Top Bottom