• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
– He can catch and shoot the ball. Granted, injuries took away the Wolves’ best shooters on the floor last season but the team made just 36.9% of spot-up jumpers. Bazzy Muhammad made 40% of his catch-and-shoot jumpers in his one year at UCLA. He moves really well without the ball (nearly 1.4 points per possession on cuts, which is insane) and comes off screens looking to shoot right away. He’s not hesitant or shy. He’s ready to shoot the ball and his form looks really good to me. There are a couple of things with balance off the dribble I’d like to see the Wolves fix, but spotting up his form looks great.

– He gets to the free throw line. He got there 5.6 times in 30.8 minutes per game at UCLA. He shot just 71.1% from there after shooting 85.6% from the line his senior year of high school. I’m not quite sure what to make of his percentage, to be honest with you. I don’t know if I believe he’s a 71% shooter or an 85% shooter. If he’s somewhere in the middle, that’s good enough. But he’s a physical player that can bang against small players and either get a trip to the line or get a good shot opportunity.

Well, now I'm convinced.

Cornbread78

14-68 team baby.

Knowing that a few half decent teams actually have their pick next year I see a lot of teams tanking in the east.....hard. Even then Celtics are going to lead the pack. No way they go to the playoffs this year.

It's a race for last place and the Celts will certanly win, there is no way around it. At thsi point, I just hope they can get something for Rondo, he is defiantely gone. Ainge wants a completely new team.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 17m When I get home I'm signing up my 5 and a half year old son for Twitter so he can defend me against Doc Rivers' kids.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 12m Good summary on how Doc contradicted himself all week: http://bit.ly/16EvmhC (Does not include his PTI waffling.) He needs to pick a story.

LMAO

Yeah they are complaining to much cause Simmons was able to flip that passive aggressive attack on Doc using the truth. I fully expect Austin to go on a tirade on first take sometime next week as well.

So everyone in the East worth a damn improved either via trade or getting healthy (Bulls get Rose back, Indy gets Granger back, Nets made a great trade)...and the Knicks kinda just stay pat. After sleeping on the Knicks pick, it's pretty good - and maybe he puts his tools together and becomes a great player - but as it stands, it's basically a hedge against losing JR Smith or Shumpert. Getting CJ Leslie for free is pretty cool though; I hope we can try Jackie Carmichael out too.

...I do hate feeling like the Knicks are stuck in limbo, though. No hope to improve unless we get lucky sifting through the bargain veteran/international signing bin, get lucky with these rookies, get lucky and have Shumpert break out dramatically, or get lucky and see Amare play even at 80% of what he was circa 2010. I hate that we killed the Celtics and trumped the Nets, only to see them fuse into a roster of pure hatred that might be more annoying than either one was last year.

Nyets look like a regular season behemoth but likely wont have the legs to go far in the playoffs when those minutes add up (plus kidd being a new coach). The knicks are stuck but they've been pretty good at finding hidden gems due to this and just need some reliabls depth. A lot of their roster once again was dead weight by playoff time. If they keep JR and he doesnt regress I like their chances of improving on this seasons record and maybe making it out of the second round..... they really got to find a deal for novak though.

Well, now I'm convinced.

Just think of him as a worse shooting Kevin Martin who isn't injury prone.

He's not KCP, but I think he'll help the Wolves a lot.

I mean if you put McLemore on UCLA he probably would have averaged only an assist a game anyway. Dude averaged 2 APG with vastly superior talent at Kansas.

When you think about it, Shabazz is basically McLemore with worse shooting and athleticism but without being a pussy.

I'd be shocked if the Knicks don't have in house issues next year.

They are going to get bodied by their rivals and the expectations are going to be so much more than they should be.

This was the Knicks' year to throw their best punch, and they blew it in that Pacers series. Realistically, they couldn't have beaten Miami, but people might've been sated if they at least got a crack at them,

I don't know what the Knicks can do with the lineup to help them...maybe get Elton Brand? Goddammit.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I still can't believe Bennett went #1.

I mean, WoJ and other guys were reporting that no one else in the top 8 wanted him, what the fuck.

An hour before the draft, he said there's a huge chance he might slip to No. 10 and that Portland had a choice to make. Seriously.

What bill was responding to.
jpniHKH.jpg

The kid born with a silver spoon up his ass telling a grown man who, like him or hate him, built a pretty nice career for himself all on his own and not because of his last name, that he knows nothing about "sacrifice"? Priceless. Doc needs to tell that kid to go to the front yard and pick a switch.

Chris Sheridan was definitely the biggest joke of this off-season reporter wise.

He literally flat out lied about EVERYTHING. Made guarantees on basically all his predictions.

Smokey

So morey really did pull one on okc. I'm sure okc thought the raptors were going to terri-bad instead of just terrible when they made that trade, but Steven Adams?

Gave up a first round pick in what is considered a bad draft, and use your one pick you do have on lin's replacement? Ain't mad at it

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
This was the Knicks' year to throw their best punch, and they blew it in that Pacers series. Realistically, they couldn't have beaten Miami, but people might've been sated if they at least got a crack at them,

I don't know what the Knicks can do with the lineup to help them...maybe get Elton Brand? Goddammit.

Nah I think they want will bynum.... if they use that MLE it will be on a younger player and they could still use pg depth. Camby hopefully is healed from his plantar fasciitis, and one of the FA bigs like Gani Leonard deliver. Knicks need reliable playoff depth.... and arguably a better playoff offensive strategy.

14-68 team baby.

fuck me, Evans and Garnett get to be teammates? Nets are gunna be the jewels of league pass with the amount of entertainment theyll provide. that goofy ass Terry, Evans and Garnett goonin' it up, Bropez doin his thing and Pierce and Johhnson draining asshole threes. at the very least, this team bought itself amazing floor spacing. You cant cheat and help off any of these guys, which was a huge problem for the Nets in the playoffs with Wallace and Evans on the floor. Bropez is gunna have to let his nuts hang and hit the post more often tho, set up the high low game between him and Garnett

xnipx

The kid born with a silver spoon up his ass telling a grown man who, like him or hate him, built a pretty nice career for himself all on his own and not because of his last name, that he knows nothing about "sacrifice"? Priceless. Doc needs to tell that kid to go to the front yard and pick a switch.

Yea bill Simmons is a true definition of started from the bottom as far as journalism goes. He went from fan blog to sports writer to semi-analyst and website owner now he's on tv with the greats at Espn. Kinda crazy when you think about him writing twice a week on page 2

Bowser

Chris Sheridan was definitely the biggest joke of this off-season reporter wise.

He literally flat out lied about EVERYTHING. Made guarantees on basically all his predictions.

My favorite rumor of his: Bobcats were trying to trade SF MKG for SF Harrison Barnes so that could free up a starting spot to add...SF Otto Porter.

lol wtf

KingGondo

Banned
So morey really did pull one on okc. I'm sure okc thought the raptors were going to terri-bad instead of just terrible when they made that trade, but Steven Adams?

Gave up a first round pick in what is considered a bad draft, and use your one pick you do have on lin's replacement? Ain't mad at it
I'm fine with Adams, he has as much chance of panning out as Len, IMO. All we need from him is defense and rebounding in a couple years. At the very least, his physical tools are outstanding and he seems highly intelligent.

Also, I highly doubt we're done this offseason. We have a huge number of assets to deal with:

Adams
Roberson
Several Eurostash players
Two first round picks next year
Perk
Lamb
PJ3
Orton
Liggins

I'd be very surprised if we move forward without making some kind of move.

Maybe the Suns will be willing to part with Gortat now that they have Len?

Nori Chan

fuck me, Evans and Garnett get to be teammates? Nets are gunna be the jewels of league pass with the amount of entertainment theyll provide. that goofy ass Terry, Evans and Garnett goonin' it up, Bropez doin his thing and Pierce and Johhnson draining asshole threes. at the very least, this team bought itself amazing floor spacing. You cant cheat and help off any of these guys, which was a huge problem for the Nets in the playoffs with Wallace and Evans on the floor. Bropez is gunna have to let his nuts hang and hit the post more often tho, set up the high low game between him and Garnett
Evans stayed? I thought he was part of the trade?

Is there anything official about it yet? I know it won't go down until the 10th but damn give us some wording.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Just think of him as a worse shooting Kevin Martin who isn't injury prone.

He's not KCP, but I think he'll help the Wolves a lot.

I mean if you put McLemore on UCLA he probably would have averaged only an assist a game anyway. Dude averaged 2 APG with vastly superior talent at Kansas.

When you think about it, Shabazz is basically McLemore with worse shooting and athleticism but without being a pussy.

You're really making him sound enticing.

I still don't think he can play. I still don't think Adelman will like him. But he's here, so whatever. Hope for the best. They really need to re-sign Budinger now.

Smokey

I'm fine with Adams, he has as much chance of panning out as Len, IMO. All we need from him is defense and rebounding in a couple years. At the very least, his physical tools are outstanding and he seems highly intelligent.

Also, I highly doubt we're done this offseason. We have a huge number of assets to deal with:

Adams
Roberson
Several Eurostash players
Two first round picks next year
Perk
Lamb
PJ3
Orton
Liggins

I'd be very surprised if we move forward without making some kind of move.

Maybe the Suns will be willing to part with Gortat now that they have Len?

Yeah y'all gotta make some moves, but even ya boy kd was shaking his head in twitter about that pick lol. Using the most obvious move in the league by sending perk packing should happen any day now.

rvy

Banned

Heh, I'm enjoying this.

KingGondo

Banned
Yeah y'all gotta make some moves, but even ya boy kd was shaking his head in twitter about that pick lol. Using the most obvious move in the league by sending perk packing should happen any day now.
Pretty sure that KD tweet was fake. So was the Harden one.

One thing about KD: he always toes the company line. All I saw from him last night was a "welcome to OKC Steven Adams" tweet.

@reilo By "assets" I mean "expendable pieces", I'm definitely not implying that Perk has trade value.

You're really making him sound enticing.

I still don't think he can play. I still don't think Adelman will like him. But he's here, so whatever. Hope for the best. They really need to re-sign Budinger now.

46% on 2 pointers and only 4 wing players averaged fewer assists than he did (beasley, morris almond, al thornton and some other guy) in college.

sorry

Smokey

Pretty sure that KD tweet was fake. So was the Harden one.

One thing about KD: he always toes the company line. All I saw from him last night was a "welcome to OKC Steven Adams" tweet.

Yeh I thought that was un kd like, but thought it was funny. I thought the Harden one was legit and he deleted it unless someone was trolling on that one too.

But yeah biggest mystery in the league is why perk
Is still on that roster.

KingGondo

Banned
Yeh I thought that was un kd like, but thought it was funny. I thought the Harden one was legit and he deleted it unless someone was trolling on that one too.
Chris Vernon admitted that he got fooled on the Harden one. Besides, both tweets would be all over ESPN if they were legit. They eat that type of shit up.

Emwitus

Perk

20121001_hcs_sy4_055.1349212217_standard_352.1349279364.jpg

Bread

Banned
As of now..

Nets get:

Pierce
Garnett
Terry

Celts get:

Joseph
Bogans
Humphries
Brooks
Wallace
First round picks in 2014, 2016, and 2018.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9...lyn-nets-agree-kevin-garnett-paul-pierce-deal
also
"In 2014, Boston gets either Brooklyn's pick or Atlanta's pick, whichever is worse. And in 2017, Boston has the right to swap picks with Brooklyn, a source said."

They're closer than you'd care to admit, especially if Rondo sits for a good portion of the season.
Without Rondo, definitely. But once Rondo's back, there's no way the Bobcats are at their level.
Rondo/Lee
Bradley/Brooks
Green/Wallace
Sullinger/Olynyk
oh god we don't even have a center

this team is so bad

Into

Bennett you say? Cavs you say? Huh i say

He is not fast or athletic enough to play SF (though he does have some athleticism, just not elite), and he is undersized as a PF. Though he is a decent finisher, great rebounder, he also has decent ball skills for his size

I think they should have picked Nerlens, he is a better defender, and imo looks like a more valueable player overall

Smokey

To be honest I don't get it.

They need a 4. Guys like David West and Josh Smith are going to be out there. Would be better off keeping Asik and signing one of those guys then signing Dwight and trying to trade Asik for somebody.

You're part of the reason we lost. Proclaiming lin's return as helpful gtfo

Top Bottom