• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

thekad

Banned
Yeah we would be better off with 32 year old David West and Asik instead of Smith/Millsap/Anderson and Dwight...go away

The Bennett pick is so bad. You have to have explosive athleticism to be elite at PF if you are undersized, and he doesn't. He looks like a 6'6" Z-Bo. I'm sure he will get buckets in the same way Antawn Jamison and maybe Glenn Robinson did, but man between Bennett, Waiters and Thompson they have done a shit job of building around Kyrie. And people actually still believe LeBron will go back to that shit show? Lol.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yeah we would be better off with 32 year old David West and Asik instead of Smith/Millsap/Anderson and Dwight...go away

Who cares if hes 32? You're not signing a guy for 6 years, it'd be a 3 year deal with a player option. He's more healthy than Dwight has been the last 2 seasons anyway.

That said hey if they get Ryno then thats great too.

The Bennett pick is so bad. You have to have explosive athleticism to be elite at PF if you are undersized, and he doesn't. He looks like a 6'6" Z-Bo. I'm sure he will get buckets in the same way Antawn Jamison and maybe Glenn Robinson did, but man between Bennett, Waiters and Thompson they have done a shit job of building around Kyrie. And people actually still believe LeBron will go back to that shit show? Lol.

jalen rose thinks they're building the right pieces to entice lebron back lulz

Who cares if hes 32? You're not signing a guy for 6 years, it'd be a 3 year deal with a player option. He's more healthy than Dwight has been the last 2 seasons anyway.

That said hey if they get Ryno then thats great too.

david west could fall off any moment now

dwight hasn't given a shit the last two years, he gets to hang out with your unrequited lover in parsons and run pick and rolls with the likely best 2 guard in the NBA. he'll be fine.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Real talk if Howard does sign here it will be the friendliest damn locker room in the league. Reilo will have a rockets gif in every other OP.

:l

It'd be reminiscent of that Green Shinobi and Puddles love.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
david west could fall off any moment now

dwight hasn't given a shit the last two years, he gets to hang out with your unrequited lover in parsons and run pick and rolls with the likely best 2 guard in the NBA. he'll be fine.

Fair enough.

I think West would be a good fit because they need somebody to actually lead the team. Dwight + Harden sounds like a disaster.

KingGondo

Banned
Fair enough.

I think West would be a good fit because they need somebody to actually lead the team. Dwight + Harden sounds like a disaster.
Just stop. It might not work as well as some might expect (mainly because Dwight got exposed last season and is a headcase) but in no way will it be a disaster.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Just stop. It might not work as well as some might expect (mainly because Dwight got exposed last season and is a headcase) but in no way will it be a disaster.

People said the same shit about the Lakers last year. All this talk about not wanting West because hes 32 and -might- break down this year (even though he showed zero signs of slowing down last season) and instead wanting the guy who already broke down over the past 2 years is just a bit perplexing thats all.

That Koufos trade is getting underhyped I think. He's a good player that Nuggets are really going to miss. That Faried-McGee starting frontcourt has no discipline and is going to get killed defensively especially if Iggy's gone.

Milllsap is actually a pretty good athlete. Do we have any vertical leap numbers on Bennett?

Bennett athletically is fine. You just need to play so hard and be so tough to succeed as an undersized PF in the NBA and he just floats to the perimeter while giving no effort on defense.

Lakers are going to have the worst lineup in the league until Kobe comes back.

We might be rolling with this lineup on opening night if Pau gets traded.

Nash
Meeks
MWP
Jamison
Clark

And that's assuming peace doesn't get amnestied and/or the basketball gods don't take pity on Nash and find a reasonable way to get him traded to a contender.

This will probably be THE topic of the offseason, so I'm going to go ahead and start it. Who will be worse? The Celtics or the Lakers?

Hmm. Good question. When is Rondo supposed to come back? The Celtics will be worse talent wise IMO, but play in the East....

Side note, the more I think about the Nets roster, the funnier I think it'll be if they completely collapse at the end of the season. Say what you will about the Spurs core being old, Pop at least knows how to coach this team and players. He's coached them their entire NBA careers and will know when to throw a meaningless regular season game to save Timmy's minutes. I don't think Kidd will be able to do that with the Nets.

alba

Little is the new Big
Kobe on the Bulls? Fuck yes! Where do I donate money to make that happen? Shit would be amazing tv.

Would be entertaining as fuck, lol. Would be really funny having Kobe getting his 6th ring in Jordan's house doe. (YOU HEARD ME SOULPLAYA!)

Nash
Meeks
MWP
Jamison
Clark

And that's assuming peace doesn't get amnestied and/or the basketball gods don't take pity on Nash and find a reasonable way to get him traded to a contender.

Jamison is gone, Clark is gone.

I expect at some point:

Blake-Meeks-Rookie-Hill-Sacre

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
COTY Mike Brown will get Bennet to play sound defense. That's the one thing I'm not worried about.

Tom Penny

Nash
Meeks
MWP
Jamison
Clark

Don't be trying to out tank the Celtics.

Kemba/Sessions
Henderson/Gordon
MKG/Taylor
Zeller/Thomas
Bismack/Haywood

We're going to struggle to stay in the top 4 in the tank standings with Phoenix, Orlando, Philly, Boston, and maybe the Lakers.

Cornbread78

also
"In 2014, Boston gets either Brooklyn's pick or Atlanta's pick, whichever is worse. And in 2017, Boston has the right to swap picks with Brooklyn, a source said."

Without Rondo, definitely. But once Rondo's back, there's no way the Bobcats are at their level.
Rondo/Lee
Bradley/Brooks
Green/Wallace
Sullinger/Olynyk
oh god we don't even have a center

this team is so bad

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/06/...-hard-to-swallow-but-all-about-future-assets/

UPDATE: Boston will receive guard MarShon Brooks and forward Kris Joseph instead of Evans and forward Tornike Shengelia.

we'll have to wait and see the final players involved..

and yeah, Jason Collins is gonna come back to play center, and shit, might as well just have our D-League champ come up and play some center. Trial by fire ya know... It'll be the start of his new reign of terror in the low post.... bring him on...

tanking takes some experience and the lakers don't have it

kobe is going to come back, go into fuck the world mode and we'll see a bunch of games like the ones vs the raptors and hornets last year where they come back from 25 down to win

tanking takes some experience and the lakers don't have it

kobe is going to come back, go into fuck the world mode and we'll see a bunch of games like the ones vs the raptors and hornets last year where they come back from 25 down to win

They pulled that off with healthy Kobe, Jamison, Metta and 80% Dwight

Lakers will have none of those things this year. Kobe is gonna be be mad as hell alllll season.

Top Bottom