• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

He'd have to have significant playing time to do that, and that's not happening this year which nullifies your statement. The only way he does is if he progresses in shooting/defending (remember, Woodson ain't playing you unless you defend) at an amazing rate, which ... destroys your statement.

yeah...

Yea.. only being able to improve through the draft and having their first pick possibly not play because of their coach is exactly what fans hoped for.

Bread

Banned
except Portland, Golden State, and New York havent done anything in years and they sell out home games.
New York is not comparable to any other city in terms of fans, the place is fucking huge. You can't respect Knicks fans more solely because they sell out games, that's ridiculous.

The Celtics have been comparable to Portland and GS in terms of ticket sales even when the team wasn't great, so you have nothing to base this off of besides the fact that the Celtics are good so they have bandwagoners.
For $10 tickets i'd go to a game every other night.
Same here. I bet they'll have some great ticket bundles this year for cheap sets, I'll be there.

Every big team gets "lifelong" fans popping out the wood works when they start playing better.

Next season I'm going to Lakers games with a tank for Wiggins sign.

SamuraiX-

xa1bULD.png

Wait...why'd NY get a SG when they have Shump and presumably JR as well?

They could use a PG if Prigs is gone, or a forward or Backup C...SG seems like the last of the worries.

Cornbread78

New York is not comparable to any other city in terms of fans, the place is fucking huge. You can't respect Knicks fans more solely because they sell out games, that's ridiculous.

The Celtics have been comparable to Portland and GS in terms of ticket sales even when the team wasn't great, so you have nothing to base this off of besides the fact that the Celtics are good so they have bandwagoners.

Same here. I bet they'll have some great ticket bundles this year for cheap sets, I'll be there.

I usually only go to a couple games a year sit in the ATT Sportsdeck when I go so I can munch on food and drinks while I'm there for free, but if the tix drop to $10, I'll go more often, it's just too damn expensive to pay outta pocket and drive down from NH. CeltGAF meet-up, lol.

free throw guy alone makes more noise than all of boston's sorry ass fans

wait, are you a Blazers fan? I can't hear you from under the sole of my shoe.

Pimpwerx

Kabongo will play for the Heat in Summer League. So will Anthony Marshall.

Even when the team isn't front-running, they sell out.
And they're there the whole game.
And they don't leave early.

I don't think it's a wild idea to propose that having at least triple the population to pick from (I believe NY is 4 or 5 times as big as Miami) makes it easier to not only sell tickets, but sell them to more diehard fans.

Don't get me wrong, a sellout is a sellout, but listing NYC next to those other cities is a bit misleading. Smaller cities sustaining high attendance levels is more impressive than the biggest cities in the country averaging a sellout. Give OKC NYC's population, and you'd have murder in the streets for tickets. Places like Green Bay and their fanbase are the noteworthy ones IMO. They average sellouts with a fraction of the citizens. PEACE.

I love how apparently all New York City sports fandom is instantly invalid due to city size and/or density. Awesome.

Yeah, it's not the same as the small market teams, but they are no less passionate. The fandom isn't any less intense for NYC.

And again, we don't leave early.

SamuraiX-

So Dirk has been trying to recruit The Dwightmare™.

Dirk on D12: We'd love to have him

ESPN said:
DALLAS -- Houston's James Harden and Chandler Parsons aren't the only Texas residents in the NBA who have gotten a head start on recruiting Dwight Howard.

Dirk Nowitzki has also been in touch with Howard, although the Dallas Mavericks star indicated that he hasn't been too aggressive with his recruiting efforts.

"I reached out to him and told him we'd love to have him," Nowitzki said Thursday night. "That's really about it. It's not like we call each other every day."

Grinning, Nowitzki added, "I haven't written him a letter. We've just had a little phone contact, and that's about it."

Nowitzki claimed Howard didn't say anything newsworthy. Of course, it's not as if Nowitzki would have shared any juicy details from his conversation with Howard.

"He's just weighing out his options," Nowitzki said. "I'm sure he has a couple of meetings set up for whenever that might be in early July. Hopefully the Mavs are one of those teams, and we'll go from there.

"To me, when he's healthy, he's the most dominant big man in the league. He showed it at the end of the season when he was right and what he can still do and can dominate on both ends of the floor if he's healthy. He can still use his athleticism. He's a beast on both ends of the floor. I'd love to play with a guy you can throw the ball in the post and I'll just be out there spreading the floor. On the defensive end of the floor, a guy who can protect the rim like that is obviously a luxury.

"We'd love to have him, but so would the other teams with cap room, which is a couple. We'll just wait and see what happens."

Yea.. only being able to improve through the draft and having their first pick possibly not play because of their coach is exactly what fans hoped for.
Well there's always Europe (Copeland) and other avenues. Grunwald been pulling rabbits out his hat so far. But Woodson ain't giving you minutes unless you show you can play some D, it's why Novak got benched and Copeland never saw the court until it was too late.
Best player available...
Ehhhhhh.... THJ used the Combine/workouts to move up in the draft. Knicks would've been better off with Bullock I feel.
maybe jr is gone.
This more like it. SG insurance in case JR leaves.

Branduil

Gotta give Ainge credit. He took care of his guys and moved them to situations that they could live with.

Will Cuban do the same for Dirk if Dwight goes to Houston? Because at that point the Mavericks are beyond doomed for the length of Dirks contract.

Dirk to Houston for Asik and a 2014 and 2015 pick?

Believe

That's not even close to being CBA legal.

SamuraiX-

Here's something that might help anyone who's head was spinning after last night's circus show.

Summary of 2013 NBA Draft trades

InsideHoops said:
Summary of 2013 NBA Draft Night Trades

The following trades took place Thursday night, the day of the 2013 NBA draft. All of these trades have been publicly announced. Review of 2013 NBA draft trades:

1) Dallas traded the draft rights to Kelly Olynyk (the 13th player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft) to Boston for the draft rights to Lucas Nogueira (the 16th player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft) and two 2014 second round picks.

2) Minnesota traded the draft rights to Trey Burke (the 9th player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft) to Utah for the draft rights to Shabazz Muhammad (the 14th player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft) and the draft rights to Gorgui Dieng (the 21st player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft).

3) Dallas traded Jared Cunningham, the draft rights to Lucas Nogueira (the 16th player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft), and the draft rights to Mike Muscala (the 44th player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft) to Atlanta for the draft rights to Shane Larkin (the 18th player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft).

4) Minnesota traded Malcolm Lee and the draft rights to André Roberson (the 26th player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft) to Golden State for a 2014 second round pick and cash.

5) Denver traded the draft rights to Rudy Gobert (the 27th player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft) to Utah for the draft rights to Erick Green (the 46th player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft) and cash.

6) Memphis traded Darrell Arthur and the draft rights to Joffrey Lauvergne (the 55th player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft) to Denver for Kosta Koufos.

7) Cleveland traded the draft rights to Allen Crabbe (the 31st player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft) to Portland for a 2015 and a 2016 second round pick.

8) Golden State traded the draft rights to André Roberson (the 26th player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft) to Oklahoma City for the draft rights to Archie Goodwin (the 29th player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft) and cash.

9) Phoenix traded the draft rights to Nemanja Nedovic (the 30th player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft) to Golden State for Malcolm Lee and the draft rights to Archie Goodwin (the 29th player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft).

10) Portland traded the draft rights to Grant Jerrett (the 40th player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft) to Oklahoma city for cash.

11) Atlanta traded the draft rights to James Ennis (the 50th player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft) to Miami for a future second round pick.

12) Indiana traded the draft rights to Colton Iverson (the 53rd player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft) to Boston for cash.

13) Atlanta traded the draft rights to Raul Neto (the 47th player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft) to Utah for a 2015 second round pick.

14) Washington traded the draft rights to Nate Wolters (the 38th player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft) and the draft rights to Arsalan Kazemi (the 54th player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft) to Philadelphia for the draft rights to Glen Rice, Jr. (the 35th player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft).

The following 2013 NBA draft trades took place Friday morning, the day after the draft. Both trades were to be announced by the teams immediately.

1) Philadelphia traded the draft rights to Nate Wolters (the 38th player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft) to Milwaukee for the draft rights to Ricardo Ledo (the 43rd player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft) and a 2014 second round draft pick.

2) Philadelphia traded the draft rights to Ricardo Ledo (the 43rd player selected in the 2013 NBA Draft) to Dallas for a 2014 second round draft pick.

Cornbread78

Kelly Olynyk will get to put up numbers on that team as maybe the only offensive threat on the Celtics right now other than Green.

I think y'all are fogettin' we have the dynamic J.Crawford still in da' house.... He isn't going to pass the rock once now that Pierce and KG are gone. I mean, I can see him going 2-12 from behind the arc every night...

The Grizzlies have gone from having a terrible bench to having a great one. Hollinger just needs to add Dunleavy Jr or another good wing who can shoot to keep this good streak going and make the Grizz maybe the best team in the West.

I usually only go to a couple games a year sit in the ATT Sportsdeck when I go so I can munch on food and drinks while I'm there for free, but if the tix drop to $10, I'll go more often, it's just too damn expensive to pay outta pocket and drive down from NH. CeltGAF meet-up, lol.

wait, are you a Blazers fan? I can't hear you from under the sole of my shoe.

Your lousy franchise is gonna tank better than we ever could this year, so I can see why you're proud.

Cornbread78

Your lousy franchise is gonna tank better than we ever could this year, so I can see why you're proud.

yeah and we won't draft Oden /discussion. How B. Roy doin' anyhow?

Anyhow, let's race to the bottom; have your boys trade Aldridge and let's do this $hit right brotha....

Branduil

My favorite false rumor of all time was Lebron buying a house in Chicago during the summer of "the decision". I wanted to believe! ;(

"_______ is in town looking at houses!" is the same BS rumor that always pops up whenever there's a free agent. I remember reading about it with Deron too. No point in getting invested in dumb rumors like this.

Dwight is going to sign in Houston though.

Top Bottom