• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

dwightmare 2013
Dammit Kabongo is going to the heat.

edit; we got KABONGO?!

OOOOOOOOOHHHHH SHHIIIIITTTT

it's done!

it's over!
patriley_original.gif

[Dirk Nowitzki 'close' to hating Heat
Tim MacMahon [ARCHIVE]

ESPNDallas.com | June 28, 2013
FRISCO, Texas -- Hate is too strong a word for Dallas Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki's feelings about the Miami Heat. But not by much.

"In life, I don't really hate much," Nowitzki said Friday on ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM's "Fitzsimmons and Durrett" after taking batting practice to prepare for his Heroes celebrity baseball game. "I'm an easygoing guy, but that's probably about as close as it gets."

The 2011 Finals MVP's deep-seated bitterness toward the Heat date to the 2006 Finals, when Miami won the series in six games despite Dallas building a 2-0 lead, and Dwyane Wade later cited Nowitzki's lack of leadership as one of the primary reasons the Mavs failed to win the championship.

Five years later, with Jason Terry his lone teammate remaining from the 2006 Finals, Nowitzki and the Mavs got their revenge by beating the Heat in six games.

Those Mavs remain the lone team to beat the Heat in a playoff series since LeBron James and Chris Bosh joined Wade in Miami.

That fact was apparently forgotten by Wade and coach Erik Spoelsta in the wake of their recent Game 7 win over the San Antonio Spurs. Wade and Spoelstra referred to this season's Finals as "the toughest series that we've ever been in," which stoked Dallas' disdain for the Heat.

"Well, he might have preferred to say 'the toughest series that we won,'" Nowitzki said. "Yeah, for sure, the way they fought that out in Game 7 was an unbelievable series, but we did get 'em."

But why won't anyone think of the mavs?

SamuraiX-

Exclusive: Victor Oladipo's NBA Draft through the lens of Google Glass

Really cool, actually.

But once the league noticed his unusual eyewear, it was all over. "I got to wear them on the bus, and in the green room, and that’s when they kinda shut it down," he says. "They just said they didn’t want me to wear them."

I ask him if he was willing to risk a fine on his first day in the NBA, and he laughs at me. "No way did I want to do that. It was pretty cool up to that point, though."

So dumb though.

Is Dirk wrong? I don't get why you're still upset that Dirk took Miami's chain.
He's definitely wrong. I don't think losing automatically makes something harder. We didn't even run an offense then. This series was us struggling at the peak of our powers and probably as exhausted as this team has ever been.

I really don't know why I get painted as mad that the mavs chipped. We won game 6 on there floor too. We've chipped twice since then. Really they don't matter, I'm just poking fun at Dirk for getting his Brandi on...

phalestine

aka iby.h
Is Dirk wrong? I don't get why you're still upset that Dirk took Miami's chain.

Serious question, why cant a series you won be tougher than one you lost?
maybe they prepared twice or thrice as much for the spurs series than they did for the mavs, thus it was the toughest series they ever experienced.

I got there in 3 last week tho

Lol. well I originally said 2, so Price is Right rules.

charsace

I really hope THJ is starter for us because Kabongo would have helped us more. We draft Tfucking HJ, then sign CJ Lazy and let the heat pick up Kabongo. Cole is gonna lose minutes. Miami now has a legit pg that can run an offense at a high level. Fuck this world I could just take the elevator down to the lobby and go on a State of Decay style killpage.

A series you won can be tougher than one you lost for sure, it kind says you didn't try hard enough to win if it wasn't as hard as the series you just won which really is probably the case if you look back at MIAs offense and Brown's inability to score. They thought they could cruise through Dallas and got Dirk'd.

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK chars is not going to like this.
I really hope THJ is starter for us because Kabongo would have helped us more. We draft Tfucking HJ, then sign CJ Lazy and let the heat pick up Kabongo. Cole is gonna lose minutes. Miami now has a legit pg that can run an offense at a high level. Fuck this world I could just take the elevator down to the lobby and go on a State of Decay style killpage.
called it

chars for offseason mvp

You must mean Chalmers is gonna lose minutes.

Cole wolrd/KABONGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO future

But Myck Kabongo isn't going to be the reason why the Heat win - LBJ is. Letting them "improve" isn't a big deal. Can't get much better than "defending champion".

exarkun

But Myck Kabongo isn't going to be the reason why the Heat win - LBJ is. Letting them "improve" isn't a big deal. Can't get much better than "defending champion".

PG was clearly their weakest spot, and Cole doesn't seem to understand how to run an offense with three fucking all-stars. It was one of the few areas teams could really exploit and take advantage of because Chalmers is a massive defensive liability. Not so much a "how could we let them improve" so much as a "how can we lose one of our few advantages." Myck plays D AND is a pure PG. Its going to be Myck/Chalmers after the dust settles. Smh for anyone who thinks Cole is gonna beat him in...anything.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
What a great trade for the Nets. They lose nothing in low picks, gain two great players (who will retire soon, freeing up cap space), and they get rid of a bad contract (Wallace).

If only they didn't have Joe Johnson's contract. Also, hopefully Terry retires soon too for them, lol.

charsace

Not right now no. I think he has the potential to be a top 5 pg. A solid chance of being a top 10 pg. We needed that really bad at the pg position. We have to hope that Shumpert's finishing around the basket improves and that THJ is a good sixth man next season or else we will have trouble producing points because Faton does some head scratching things in regards to running the offense at times. Some times when throws passes no one is there so you have to wonder if the dude sees ghosts or can look into other dimensions and see different versions of his teammates.

Branduil

What a great trade for the Nets. They lose nothing in low picks, gain two great players (who will retire soon, freeing up cap space), and they get rid of a bad contract (Wallace).

If only they didn't have Joe Johnson's contract. Also, hopefully Terry retires soon too for them, lol.

Uh those last two picks will probably be lottery picks.

BBALLBREAKDOWN ‏@bballSource 2m I'm hearing thru the grapevine that there's talk of LaMarcus Aldridge being traded to the #Clippers, DeAndre Jordan being part of pkg

Wow. If this happens, Relio is gonna need to be put on 24/7 suicide watch

SamuraiX-

BBALLBREAKDOWN ‏@bballSource 2m I'm hearing thru the grapevine that there's talk of LaMarcus Aldridge being traded to the #Clippers, DeAndre Jordan being part of pkg

No way Portland is dumb enough to pull the trigger on a trade like that.

Makes absolutely no sense. LMA has so much more value than DeDumbdre Jordan.

Branduil

Griffin/Aldridge frontcourt? That would be pretty bad defensively, although that's nothing new.

LOL at Portland if they accept such a terrible deal. I could buy Griffin+Jordan for Aldridge+a pick.

Bread

Banned

i'll believe it when i see it

that makes no sense

charsace

I'm hoping this shit happens. Really, really hoping it does.

charsace

I fully support Anthony Bennett now and I think he'll be a beast. Jamaican blood runs through him so I see the kid succeeding in the NBA.

No one tells Cloving when to post.

Cloving posts when cloving wants to post.
JR Smith @TheRealJRSmith about 35 minutes ago
What y'all talking bout? I'm talking bout the talk the cab driver an I just had! #FunnyDude
JR Troll.

Top Bottom