• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Dwight Howard turning the Lakers into the Cavaliers is kind of incredible.

Him coming back next year motivated and at full strength for the Rockets would complete an absolutely (though likely not planned because Dwight probably can't plan) amazing troll.

Cipherr

He didn't break his contract, as the franchise was amicable to dumping the salary. Both the franchise and Doc are happy with the situation.

This right here is what really gets me.... Its like both sides are happy with the outcome, and the few chicken littles trying to make something of this nonsense insist that "Noone cares really!", so then why all the fucking fuss? Its so retarded. But props to Simmons for managing to make it a thing, its ridiculous how easily some people latch on to these weak ass storylines.

Pimpwerx

It's not Bill being Bill, it's Bill being an analyst. Are you really this fucking stupid? Sure he slants as a homer but Shaw also hates and praises irrationally due to bias, but so what it's his opinion.

The story would have been brought up regardless unless you think after Bill said Doc quit they had their nearest ESPN employee run to Staples to further the story. ESPN had a planned interview with Doc cause it was a fresh NBA story.

Based on your last paragraph you fundamentally don't understand what's happening.

And don't pretend like you're qualified to write children's books. Your dumbass can barely read.
Bill is about as much of an analyst as Woody Hayes. Not even his fans respect his bbiq, they just find him funny. If jordan is right and it was a question from Rece, then he should've just used less inflammatory language.

Moris, I've read your posts for a long time. Not willingly, of course, they just litter the page and my eyes are raked by them like a bed of nails. You go ahead and clarify how the business side of sports isn't just another business. I'm sure the few brain cells you have left would just love another workload they'll never be able to complete. You calling me a dumbass makes me laugh. Probably the first funny thing you've posted.

Bill's butthurt is the reason he took a shot at Doc. You can't see that or just ignore it? The facts in hearsay belong to whichever side you choose to believe. You choose Bill. Good for you. I don't really know who is right, but I know Doc was at least there. That and it's obvious Bill's just salty, and that there's no justification for his calling Doc a quitter.

You know, if Bill just expressed disappointment with Doc leaving, and used some tact, it wouldn't even have been a story. You can be trill and still be somewhat respectful. Barkley (someone who's actually played the game) doesn't throw around that quitter label. That was a calculated cheapshot from salty mcgee. Anyway, that's all I gotta say about that. I don't even care. My team just won a championship. I just think Bill is wrong here. PEACE.

LOL when was the last time your boss was sent to a competing company for a kid in college who would join your workforce the following year?

It's a false equivalency. Brandi has made a couple of great posts on why it's stupid to do what you're doing.

And again Bill may be salty, in fact it's clear he is. That doesn't make him wrong. Doc has lied a couple times during this process and that's why Bill is mad. That much can't be denied.

Not OK to call people quitters, OK to call people idiots. LOL Why is the majority of heatage such clown shoes?

Doomsayer

At least it was fans making banners for the best player in team history to stay in Cleveland

The Lakers organization putting all this up for a guy who gave them one crappy year is embarassing

It really is.

The Lakers are going to be so bad this year, with or without Dwight.

Basically, it's he said, he said.

Who has the better track record and who should be trusted?

Therein lies the problem.

People are so quick to believe what Simmons spews while disregarding anything from Doc's camp.

It would be a he said she said if Doc didn't directly contradict himself.

Basically Doc's word vs Simmon's, Ainge's, Grousbeck's and Doc's lol.

shira

Jabari Parker will be the better player, have a more successful college career and will be drafted higher than him.

I'd do an avatar bet on that.
- better player means nothing - Wiggins ceiling is unlimited, he has the perfect size and pedigree unless he suffers a major injury he is #1 pick
- winning in college means nothing
- Raptors going 0-82 to get Wiggins.

Jabari Parker will be the better player, have a more successful college career and will be drafted higher than him.

I'd do an avatar bet on that.

Self is Howland like too with freshmen except he actually wins lately.

Selden is the guy worth mentioning too.

Wiggins will be aite tho. Too athletic to not taken high.

Wiggins won the matchup with Parker in the McD game, an all-star game admittedly. But he won it pretty handily, he did the same to Randle when he went up against him in hs.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
As a Laker fan, i want Dwight back, but not desperately. I dont think we're contending for a title as the team stands now with or without him. It seems he will never to able to be the leader of the team. Just aint built for it.

The two things i want way more than him are Jim Buss and Pringles far far away from the team. That might not be very realistic, but its how i feel!

As a Laker fan, i want Dwight back, but not desperately. I dont think we're contending for a title as the team stands now with or without him.

The two things i want way more than him are Jim Buss and Pringles far far away from the team. That might not be very realistic, but its how i feel!

I don't mind Jim. His incompetence is exaggerated. And Mike D is perfect for tanking, I want him gone after we get a couple good pieces.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I don't mind Jim. His incompetence is exaggerated. And Mike D is perfect for tanking, I want him gone after we get a couple good pieces.

Tanking might be the right move, but tanking with Kobe on the team (if anyone thinks he is sitting out long because of injury, they are crazy) makes me feel bad :(

Are the Lakers really ready for a full tank? Even the Smush and Kwame years they were semi-competitive.

If Mitch accepts that our roster is mediocre and then tanks the roster then hell yea.

Amnesty Metta or Pau trade the other let the rooks and FAs walk, trade Nash and ride with a bunch of 20 y/os and gimpy Kobe.

Derwind

- better player means nothing - Wiggins ceiling is unlimited, he has the perfect size and pedigree unless he suffers a major injury he is #1 pick
- winning in college means nothing
- Raptors going 0-82 to get Wiggins.

Do it Masai! We believe!

If Mitch knows what's up, then OldKobe will not overcome:

Blake Meeks Kobe Kelly Sacre starting lineup.

Kobe shall feast on the superior tanking teams like New Orleans, Kings,Raps,Wolves(maybe idk if they're tanking this year),Jazz and suns.

that's like 15-20 wins right there and that's without most of the eastern conference. Get ready for that 8/9 seed.

Kobe shall feast on the superior tanking teams like New Orleans, Kings,Raps,Wolves(maybe idk if they're tanking this year),Jazz and suns.

that's like 15-20 wins right there.

LOL
Nola Utah and TWolves are straight up better than LA. Kings Raps and Suns Loooove beating LA.

That's a secret tank weapon LA has. Teams love to beat them, especially in LA. People routinely lose to Bobcats because they think they can cruise on them, LA probably won't have that problem.

LOL
Nola Utah and TWolves are straight up better than LA. Kings Raps and Suns Loooove beating LA.

That's a secret tank weapon LA has. Teams love to beat them, especially in LA. People routinely lose to Bobcats because they think they can cruise on them, LA probably won't have that problem.

Doesn't matter to Mamba
#thelastchapter

or something

unprecedented tank levels this year. Don't underestimate it.

Omega

Banned
I've been in the hospital the past week or so.

Anyone care to fill me in on what teams failed miserably during the draft and which look good coming out of the draft?

I know Noel is a Sixer, Nets fans have already set themselves up for massive disappointment and #stayd12

shira

why are people acting like you need to have the worst record to get the #1 pick.

Have the Bobcats not taught you people anything?

But the Craptors are just that bad. They aren't actively tanking. The tank comes naturally, or via NBA referees.

I'm guessing at least 6 official apologies next year.

Top Bottom