• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Cipherr

MY GOD!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bulls have invited Carlos Boozer's little brother to their summer league team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...-little-brother-charles-boozer-171154098.html

Runs-in-the-family-I-guess.-AP-Steve-Pope.jpg

Jesus... he screams like a maniac on the court too!? The hell is wrong with that family.

I think if Dwight leaves Lakers have to tank. Trade Nash to a contender for a 2014 pick, try trade Pau for expiring contracts and a 2014 pick, give Kobe the year off to recover and tank hard. Get a top 10 pick in what's shaping up to be a very good draft and maybe another couple of mid rounders. Have Kobe come back on a lower contract and pick up two max free agents. Locked and loaded for a 2015 Championship run.

Who is going to want old and busted Nash for anything more than a second rounder?

Lopez for Duncan, who says no?

As the member of Spurs-Age that posts the most, my only response for a Lopez/Duncan trade is: ":/"

According to NBA Central on twitter "Dallas is looking to sign D12. & rumors of a deal for Rondo. Pair Howard, Dirk, and Rondo... yikes!"

Can't be trusted but damn...that would be nice.

According to NBA Central on twitter "Dallas is looking to sign D12. & rumors of a deal for Rondo. Pair Howard, Dirk, and Rondo... yikes!"

Marion would also resign for cheap. I'm guessing they'd still have Carter coming in off the bench and the two rookies they drafted are going to be pretty good.

I hate Stern, but I love the fact that basketball is a truly international sport. Not sure if he should take all the credit for that, but he definitely had a lot to do with it.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Up until now I thought Dallas was just deluding itself thinking it could get dwight but thats the kind of deal that makes me give Dallas a chance...

Keep in Mind Dwight is smart enough to know he needs shoots around him to be at his peak (cause LA showed him what life would be without it) so Houston is still the favorites in my book.... but that team right there could cause some havoc next year.

Ok, we've drafted positions 1, 3, 4, and 5 in the last 3 years. All we need now is a superstar 2 to complete the rebuild. Silver you've known MJ for a long time and you went to Duke, you know what to do. Bring Wiggins to Charlotte, let him rediscover his father's North Carolina roots. If not we'll do whatever it takes to get James Young, kid is going to be gooood.

edit: Dante Exum and Mario Hezonja are going to be really good as well. The league is finally getting a talent infusion at SG, it's about damn time.

KingGondo

Banned
Man, what an awful draft for OKC.
Who were we gonna draft who was gonna step in and help immediately? Even Oladipo would have been worked into the lineup slowly, unless we traded Lamb, Thabo or Reggie to get him.

I'm fine with who we picked. Adams has every chance to be a good banger/rebounder in the NBA, and he runs the floor incredibly well. He'll also benefit immensely from playing alongside guys who space the floor like KD and Russ. He's already got the physical makeup at 19, and he's very intelligent. Best pick we could have made at #12.

Roberson is a freak rebounder and defender (maybe he'll replace Thabo in a year or two) and Abrines is widely considered one of the best young players in Europe.

I still think we make some kind of deal before the season most likely. We have a glut of young players and picks that it doesn't make sense to keep.

I think people are sleeping on Jabari Parker already. I think he's going to be the most well-rounded player in the draft. I'm curious to see how he plays in college.

Have you seen his wikipedia page? RB pointed it out the other day

the dude has a page as long as dirk

Wiggins is a freak athlete and has a lot more upside, but I think Jabari Parker is more fundamentally sound. You may get a Lebron James type player in Wiggins, but Parker's ceiling is a pre-injury Grant Hill. It's going to be a very tough pick.

I think people are sleeping on Jabari Parker already. I think he's going to be the most well-rounded player in the draft. I'm curious to see how he plays in college.

I'm curious to see more of him to see if he will have that same sort of underrated athleticism that someone like Harden had coming out. The narrative right now seems to be that Wiggins makes him look like Matt Bonnar in that respect. I've seen mocks now that even have Aaron Gordon above him.

I'm curious to see more of him to see if he will have that same sort of underrated athleticism that someone like Harden had coming out. The narrative right now seems to be that Wiggins makes him look like Matt Bonnar in that respect. I've seen mocks now that even have Aaron Gordon above him.

Kyrie Irving was also heavily knocked for being non-athletic. It's almost like teams are terrified of fundamentally sound players all of a sudden. Wiggin's athleticism is off the charts, but we'll see. I think it's not as clear cut as some people are making it out to be.

Joeki11a

Banned
Nets are now better than Knicks one man show

Nets are now the good team from last year with Heart Passion Champion experience aka KG&Pierce

I agree about Parker being underrated. He's the type of player that thrives in a structured system because of his skill level and IQ. He also has a body that is pretty much NBA ready.

Wiggins is barely 200 lbs and is still growing into his body. He'll likely have to start off playing a 2/3 role while Parker will immediately be able to hang with 3's and some 4's. I really like both of them. It's stupid that people have someone like Gordon with no skill whatsoever ranked ahead of Parker.

Branduil

The Mavs wouldn't even be able to trade for Rondo until after they theoretically signed Dwight, for salary cap reasons. So, they'd have to

1. Trade Marion somewhere for nothing

2. Sign Dwight

3. Trade for Rondo(OJ Mayo S&T?)

What the heck is NBA Central anyway?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
What is that avatar from Brandy?

Attack on Titan's plot recession is killing me right now

AK47 opted out, hmmmm. Could see the Spurs or Rockets being interested.

I really like what I've seen out of Julius Randle from the few games I've watched. Dunno why nobody ever talks about him.

His athleticism is awesome, but he barely played last year to really get people hyped up. He's still #2 on every mock right now.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
With Kirilenko out of the picture, we can finally have the 2 we've been dreaming of like OJ Mayo...

We will never be good.

Omega

Banned

this is just absolutely fucking pathetic.

the premiere franchise of the NBA. the place where every free agent dreams of going... and they have a campaign going to keep a mediocre center who wouldn't even be Ostertag-tier in the 90s

NBA is so garbage.

Fans are over Howard pretty much at this point. FO making themselves look like clowns with the #stay shit. Howard will be a Rocket by Monday and most fans will be scouting parker and Wiggins.

Top Bottom