• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Worst team has only won the lotto 3 times since 85.

Bottom 6 from last season

Sac
Nola
Phoenix
Cleve
Char
Orl

LA could be worse than all of them minus Sac and Phoenix and maybe Charlotte. Celts should be Garbo too. Philly and MiL will be in the mix too.

Mitch better come correct.

Man, the Jazz have a fucking ton of cap room.

Let's not spend it on OJ Mayo...Iguodala maybe...

My early tank standings would be (assuming that Thad Young and Nash get traded):

1. Bobcats
2. Celtics
3. 76ers
4. Suns
5. Kings
6. Magic
7. Lakers
8. Cavs

Larry Sanders+John Henson will stop the Bucks from being in this mix.

My early tank standings would be (assuming that Thad Young and Nash get traded):

1. Bobcats
2. Celtics
3. 76ers
4. Suns
5. Kings
6. Magic
7. Lakers
8. Cavs

Cavs will do something to make a playoff push. Blazers could if they trade LMA.

Meh, I don't think it's worth thinking about until we see most of the players move first.

1. Bobcats
2. Celtics
3. 76ers
4. Suns
5. Kings
6. Magic
7. Lakers
8. Cavs

magic point guard play will be the worst in the league with moribund jameer and et moore

don't count that out in the tank

1. Bobcats
2. Celtics
3. 76ers
4. Suns
5. Kings
6. Magic
7. Lakers
8. Cavs

I think The Bobcats will be better than the absolute worst, but as the rosters are now that's pretty much my list. LA will move to 3-5 once Dwight leaves and Jim goes medieval.

I really don't think Dwight fits well in Houston. What harden and parsons are doing is cute but dwight is a grown man (I hope). Dallas is really the better fit.

10th or 11th seed is best case scenario for the Lakers

I really don't think Dwight fits well in Houston. What harden and parsons are doing is cute (I hope). Dallas is really the better fit.

I agree Dallas is a better fit for Dwight. Dirk can pretty much camp while Dwight goes to work inside. In Houston he's gonna be doing mad pnr plays with Harden and Lin *shudders*

Lakers would probably do that in a heart beat. Mavs would not.

If the Mavs don't get Dwight, the only other guys that have been close to stars recently or might be stars in free agency are Josh Smith, Andrew Bynum, maybe Iguodala, maybe Millsap, maybe Tyreke Evans.

I think the Mavs would rather gamble $9 million on Nash returning to his pre-Kobe form than bet on Tyreke Evans becoming a good decision maker and shooter for more money and more years.

Nori Chan

I don't want to tank. Can't silver just rig the .2 chance we have of getting he number one pick?

Or we could just trade Gasol for an unprotected first and go hard for the 7th seed and then get the number 1 pick and pick wiggins.

god this is dumb

rando14

I don't want to tank. Can't silver just rig the .2 chance we have of getting he number one pick?

Or we could just trade Gasol for an unprotected first and go hard for the 7th seed and then get the number 1 pick and pick wiggins.

god this is dumb

cheer up

at least you're not the nets

If the Mavs don't get Dwight, the only other guys that have been close to stars recently or might be stars in free agency are Josh Smith, Andrew Bynum, maybe Iguodala, maybe Millsap, maybe Tyreke Evans.

I think the Mavs would rather gamble $9 million on Nash returning to his pre-Kobe form than bet on Tyreke Evans becoming a good decision maker and shooter for more money and more years.

Cuban will probably convince Dirk that he will take a shot at LeBron in 2014.

god this is dumb
Cheer up bro you're still the Lakers. Enjoy the cheap Staples Center tickets while your team tanks harder than the Bobcats.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
BN4vpyXCIAE5eM0.jpg

Dat Desperation.....

linsivvi

god this is dumb

What's the point of winning some meaningless games and then not making the playoffs?

Either go for a lower seed or tank hard. Playing for the 9th seed is the stupidest thing a team can do.

god this is dumb

I think if Dwight leaves Lakers have to tank. Trade Nash to a contender for a 2014 pick, try trade Pau for expiring contracts and a 2014 pick, give Kobe the year off to recover and tank hard. Get a top 10 pick in what's shaping up to be a very good draft and maybe another couple of mid rounders. Have Kobe come back on a lower contract and pick up two max free agents. Locked and loaded for a 2015 Championship run.

Top Bottom