• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Wasn't the big laker plan to attract all the free agents in 2014 with all that cap space or something?

That was when Kobe was alive and the smart bet was on D12 staying. Now it's tank time.

You know you want him to stay on the low along with nori chan.

It's not on the low. He's gonna be 100% this season and the best C in the league again, but I'll be pretty far from disappointed when he leaves.

Hmm, Dallasbasketball.com is now reporting that the Mavs are engaged in trade talks for Rondo, so I guess it's legit.

just saw that as well. I dont understand though why we wouldn't have the cap space to get dwight after getting rondo?
Say we give up Carter, Marion, Crowder + picks, won't we have enough to sign dwight as well?

Nets are now better than Knicks one man show

Nets are now the good team from last year with Heart Passion Champion experience aka KG&Pierce
Oh is it that time again for the "Nets won the offseason and will be better than Knicks" posts? Shit, usually that starts in mid-July.

index.php

Fans are over Howard pretty much at this point. FO making themselves look like clowns with the #stay shit. Howard will be a Rocket by Monday and most fans will be scouting parker and Wiggins.

Yeah man.

Dr. Jerry Buss would have never begged. Why beg someone to stay who doesn't want to? It really does make your organization look silly and needy. So glad I'm not in LA right now to witness this madness.

In related news, the Rockets' "STRAY" campaign is clever.

tkad would be proud.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ESPNSteinLine
Getting strong indications that Hakeem Olajuwon, last seen at Thursday's draft, will be joining Rockets' delegation to woo Dwight Howard

ESPNSteinLine
Getting strong indications that Hakeem Olajuwon, last seen at Thursday's draft, will be joining Rockets' delegation to woo Dwight Howard

It makes sense for him. There is an unbelievable amount of pressure that he is under in LA.

We demand near perfection and Dwight likes having fun.

With McHale as his coach, he'll likely be used well in a system more tailored to him. If he took to The Dream teaching, he could be something truly special.

Having everyone off the books except Nash next year could make for an interesting summer.

Too bad we aren't willing to tank like the Czzz.

Oh well.

Cloudy

Banned
Yeah man.

Dr. Jerry Buss would have never begged. Why beg someone to stay who doesn't want to? It really does make your organization look silly and needy. So glad I'm not in LA right now to witness this madness.

It really is pathetic. I don't recall anyone begging Kobe in 2004. Then again, he was still dealing with legal issues and the media would have attacked them lol

I'm hoping that Mitch's plan A is keep Dwight and get knocked out in the second round and his plan B is Dwight leaves, trade everything for picks and 1 year deals, let every FA walk and roll the dice on a bunch of undrafted guys and hope we snatch a top pick.

What are the Knicks gonna do about PG? We got nothing.

Y'all still have Felton......

Cornbread78

It's crazy how it's happening all at once. I've advocated blowing up the big 3 since the 2010 finals loss but it really seems like they're dedicating themselves to a season or two of absolute misery

can we get scal back?

would love to get big white hope to be an asst coach for the C's

also, bye Rondo...

Prigioni has an unhappy wife. I don't think he comes back. Sebastian Telfair would be a decent back up. I wonder if The Knicks can get Blatche for cheap.

Prigs turns 43 next year, right?
... he's 36 now.
I would like to see Priggie Smalls return but we need an upgrade from Felton.
I don't think you realize how good Felton was last year. Didn't turn it over, played great the Celtics series on both ends. Until he sprained his ankle in Indy he was the 2nd/3rd best Knick on the court. It'd be nice to get a better starting PG, but it's not a need. Backup PG is.
Prigioni has an unhappy wife. I don't think he comes back. Sebastian Telfair would be a decent back up.
stopped reading right there. Sebastian Telfair is NEVER a good option.

... he's 36 now.

I don't think you realize how good Felton was last year. Didn't turn it over, played great the Celtics series on both ends. Until he sprained his ankle in Indy he was the 2nd/3rd best Knick on the court. It'd be nice to get a better starting PG, but it's not a need. Backup PG is.

stopped reading right there. Sebastian Telfair is NEVER a good option.

Beggars can't be choosers. Or would you rather take CJ Watson?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Telfair sucks.

And Felton still sucked last year. His WS/48 was 0.87, which is quite terrible for a player on a 50-win team and a USG% in the 20s. Lillard had a higher WS/48 an he was on a team that won 20 games less.

Telfair sucks.

And Felton still sucked last year. His WS/48 was 0.87, which is quite terrible for a player on a 50-win team and a USG% in the 20s. Lillard had a higher WS/48 an he was on a team that won 20 games less.
There isn't a single basketball metric that can measure the power of the JANK DRIBBLE.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Let me put it this way... Steve Blake in 2009 on a 54-win team Blazers: 0.128 WS/48

You ever see Blake shoot threes? Janky as hell.
ok, gonna need to see some gifs of Blake driving to the hoop and failing to finish at the rim, also alley-oops. Plus crossovers of him palming but not getting called.

The power of the JANK isn't just bestowed on any point, you need to have suffered at the seat of mediocrity and tortured by your coach.

Telfair sucks.

lol still trollin felton. He showed up in the playoffs bro.

linsivvi

Yeah man.

In related news, the Rockets' "STRAY" campaign is clever.

tkad would be proud.

This.

When Shaq asked for $30M a year what did he do? He let him go. He found a good team for him too and just didn't dump him to a lottery team.

Jim is too eager to prove himself and shut up everyone else and refuse to look at things in the long term.

Top Bottom