• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
David Baumann ‏@DavidBaumann33

Source: #Rockets' McHale, Parsons, Harden & Olajuwon will be 1st team to meet with Dwight Howard in LA at FA bell.
Could it get even more official than that?

Edit:
ClutchFans ‏@clutchfans

Can now confirm this: Rockets have hired the Magic's Strength & Conditioning Coach that Dwight Howard had for years.

Dwight and him are very close from the Orlando days... Coming to Houston.

Announcement soon.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=240398

Edit2:
David Baumann ‏@DavidBaumann33

Olajuwon's role in all this, source says: Mentor, work with him before practice, talk w/him & basically be another coach for Dwight Howard.
Don't get hyped, don't get hyped, don't get hyped...

With Davis and Ryno being a pretty poor fit right now and the Pelicans trying to win right now for some reason, I could see a Ryno-Asik swap happening pretty soon after Dwight signs. Dwight can have the Magic back except with a superstar SG.

This.

When Shaq asked for $30M a year what did he do? He let him go. He found a good team for him too and just didn't dump him to a lottery team.

Jim is too eager to prove himself and shut up everyone else and refuse to look at things in the long term.

But aren't they looking at the long term by either re-signing Dwight or creating massive cap space for 2014?

I don't get it. Last off-season every Laker fan was overjoyed. This off-season they're attacking Dwight, the org, etc.

Just stop it already. The Beverly Hills thing and other stuff are photoshops (only the billboard is legit). Dwight is a different type of person, he needs being woo'd.

At the end of the day, if Dwight leaves it's not because of Jim or Mike D or Kobe or anything else. He'll leave because he doesn't want to be in LA because he doesn't have that motivating factor to look up in the rafters and want to be compared to Wilt, Shaq, Kareem. The pressure it too much for him. It means he never wanted to be here form the beginning, which many thought so prior to the trade. And if that's the case, then I'm fine with him leaving.

I don't care that they're putting up a billboard. These are fucking stupid things to talk about. I want Dwight to stay. He's still the best C in the league and only 27 and if he stays the team will build a contender around him soon. And if he leaves, so be it. Nothing I can do about it, he wasn't drafted by us, never indicated this is where he wanted to be, and it's his choice. He played through pain and mostly played hard and I while I'll be extremely disappointed he'd leave the best franchise in the league out of fear, I'm not attached to him.

And I trust the organization has a solid plan even if he leaves for the future. The cap space is there. This is still the LA Lakers, not the fucking T-wolves that loses a star and is sent in a spiral for 7 years.

Laker fans just trying to make excuses that put the blame on the organization when in fact Dwight walking is 100% about Dwight never wanting to be here from day 1.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
With Davis and Ryno being a pretty poor fit right now and the Pelicans trying to win right now for some reason, I could see a Ryno-Asik swap happening pretty soon after Dwight signs. Dwight can have the Magic back except with a superstar SG.

I've had dreams involving Parsons and Ryno playing for the same team.

Now it could be a reality!

But aren't they looking at the long term by either re-signing Dwight or creating massive cap space for 2014?

I don't get it. Last off-season every Laker fan was overjoyed. This off-season they're attacking Dwight, the org, etc.

Just stop it already. The Beverly Hills thing and other stuff are photoshops (only the billboard is legit). Dwight is a different type of person, he needs being woo'd.

lol all these are real. Check the Lakers twitter
3WZuwlJ.png

axV6vf9.png

there are more as well

The Raptors have been openly shopping forward Andrea Bargnani for months and would try, sources say, to include Bargnani in any deal for Bledsoe, which wouldn't necessarily dissuade the Clippers, given their longstanding need for a big man who can stretch the floor. But sources add that Toronto guard DeMar DeRozan is the Raptor most likely to tempt the Clippers, which falls in line with L.A.'s interest in Arron Afflalo in their Bledsoe talks with Orlando.

Jesus Christ, CP3 is a terrible GM.

Kobe sees himself playing 2 or 3 more years apparently.

Tanking will be tough.

I don't think Kobe Rivers will hurt their tank too much.

Jesus Christ, CP3 is a terrible GM.

I don't think Kobe Rivers will hurt their tank too much.

Are any raptor rumors ever really real? I mean, I'm pretty sure Bargs has been linked to every team over the past 40 years.

Until it's February of Bargs expiring year, I'm not going to believe a single rumor about him.

Interest in DeMar DeRozan is nearly as bad.

The Raptors called the Clippers. Not trying to defend the Clips here, but the Raptors organization does this all the time. They tell people they're in talks with someone when in reality it's them calling someone and getting hung up on politely.

Do it. It's only 90 lol
Yeah, in BH, but a lot of everywhere else is 100. A/C all day baby!

Damn Celtics and Sixers ramping up the tank competition right after the Cavs and Wizards exit the game. I really hope the Lakers don't join the fun. The less rebuilding teams the better.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Damn Celtics and Sixers ramping up the tank competition right after the Cavs and Wizards exit the game. I really hope the Lakers don't join the fun. The less rebuilding teams the better.

Cavs and wiz should still tank though..... next season is going to be god tier shame ball

Cavs and wiz should still tank though..... next season is going to be god tier shame ball

The Wizards were better than the Hawks last year when NeNe and Wall were healthy, they're too good to tank without injuries. The Cavs are the Kings of faking injuries so they could still tank, but their GM is supposedly getting fired if they don't make the playoffs. It's going to be an epic tanking season though. Magic, Suns, the new Hornets (woot!), Celtics, Sixers, and possibly the Lakers and Jazz. Should be good.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
The Wizards were better than the Hawks last year when NeNe and Wall were healthy, they're too good to tank without injuries. The Cavs are the Kings of faking injuries so they could still tank, but their GM is supposedly getting fired if they don't make the playoffs. It's going to be an epic tanking season though. Magic, Suns, the new Hornets (woot!), Celtics, Sixers, and possibly the Lakers and Jazz. Should be good.

Your likely right but IDK I just cant imagine cavs or wizards not sucking.... like the wiz maybe because your right they do have a roster, but the cavs keep getting high picks to waste.... so why stop now?

I think the Wiz make a playoff push this year. especially if Porter can give them anything right away. They might get the 8 or 7 seed with Philly tanking and Atlanta and Milwaukee regressing.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
Rockets will get first free agency crack at Dwight Howard with meeting Sunday in LA, shortly past 9 PM PST, league sources tell Y! Sports.

So as soon as it's allowed. Really can't wait for the morning?

Wiz can definitely make the playoff this year. Especially if Wall averages what he did after the All Star Break right from the start.

Hell, they probably would have made the playoffs last season if Wall wasn't injured and played from the start of the season.

I think the Wiz make a playoff push this year. especially if Porter can give them anything right away. They might get the 8 or 7 seed with Philly tanking and Atlanta and Milwaukee regressing.

So as soon as it's allowed. Really can't wait for the morning?

I'm pretty sure that's common for a lot of big time free agents

Remember when the Bulls showed up at Ben Wallace's door with a giant contract? lulz

I want the cavs to tank again but I dont think the fans/kyrie can take it

Kyrie definitely can't take it, he publicly admitted the Cavs making up injuries to sit him. He's tired of losing.

Cavs are still kind of tanking since they blew a pick on Brandon Bass+

True, free agency should tell us if they're serious about competing this year.

Your likely right but IDK I just cant imagine cavs or wizards not sucking.... like the wiz maybe because your right they do have a roster, but the cavs keep getting high picks to waste.... so why stop now?

I don't love the Wizards long term future with Nene and Okafor in the frontcourt, but they'll be pretty good in the short-term. I'd be willing to bet they'll give the Knicks a run for their money for the 5 seed next year. And the Cavs, smh...

Why would they wait?

I remember they signed Asik like literally 2 minutes into free agency. I bet Morey pushes Dwight to just sign right then and there.

Dwight is fielding all the teams over the week in LA. Lakers last. He said he won't commit to anyone until every meeting is done.

I'm pretty sure that's common for a lot of big time free agents

Remember when the Bulls showed up at Ben Wallace's door with a giant contract? lulz

I thought usually it was just phone calls. But now that I think about it, I remember MWP signing the first night.

Just seems funny that a guy who already said he's going to meet with everyone over the week is meeting the 1st moment it's allowed.

Top Bottom