• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Dwight would only be going back to LA for money reasons. Kobe clearly hurt his feelings and he hates playing under Pringles. So they can make as many billboards featuring his corny ass all they want, but it's not going to work.

Does anyone else find it strange that so much noise was made about the Rockets trading TRob for cap space and nothing happened? I guess they're not 100 percent confident that Dwight will sign, so they're hedging their bets. Personally, I think Terrence Jones is a better prospect so I would have traded him for a future pick regardless of what Dwight does.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I don't love the Wizards long term future with Nene and Okafor in the frontcourt, but they'll be pretty good in the short-term. I'd be willing to bet they'll give the Knicks a run for their money for the 5 seed next year. And the Cavs, smh...

I got to see what the knicks do before I hand the Nyets the atlantic. If they keep JR they will still have a 50+ team core and with both philly and the celtics tanking (and with the raptors not drastically improving) I could see them maybe getting into the top 4 again just off those 8-12 wins.

At its core the Nyets roster is a PR move (why do you think the trade was done on draft night without involving this years picks?) and the guy in charge of making all those pieces work, just started his job. There is too many pieces in the air for me to call it yet.

As for the Wiz they still aren't top 5 either but in the top 7 sure....

diehard

Fleer
Does anyone else find it strange that so much noise was made about the Rockets trading TRob for cap space and nothing happened? I guess they're not 100 percent confident that Dwight will sign, so they're hedging their bets. Personally, I think Terrence Jones is a better prospect so I would have traded him for a future pick regardless of what Dwight does.

I remember when the everyone praised the Rockets for trading for him and i said i didnt like the move.
Now they want to get rid of him for nothing.

I remember when the everyone praised the Rockets for trading for him and i said i didnt like the move.
Now they want to get rid of him for nothing.

Purely for cap reasons. I'm sure they'd ship Greg Smith or Royce White if the made the same salary or had as much market value.

Zeus Molecules

the more I think about it the more I feel Pacers should just give the celtics Hill, Lance (or green cause lol the celtics are desperate) , and 2 future first and get rondo

Rondo
George
Granger
West
Hibbert

Come on that team is a monster. maybe grab a half decent SG and a vet min PG and boom

Fjordson

the more I think about it the more I feel Pacers should just give the celtics Hill, Lance (or green cause lol the celtics are desperate) , and 2 future first and get rondo

Rondo
George
Granger
West
Hibbert

Come on that team is a monster.
That would be dope.

Pacers need some backcourt help. I think they and Chicago are the only ones who can take out Miami next year. Nets are getting a lot of attention right now, but I honestly don't know how good they'll actually be.

Rondo
George
Granger
West
Hibbert

Come on that team is a monster. maybe grab a half decent SG and a vet min PG and boom

Rondo will be great for them, diehard gon get ya though.

Rondo
George
Granger
West
Hibbert

They'd have to give them Granger to give it teeth, the Celtics could probably flip him for another pick later.

and lol if the Pacers somehow send Rondo to the Pacers. They will have basically done everything they could to fuck over the Lakers and Heat.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS 42s
Duhon's entire $3.5M salary for next season would've been guaranteed had he not been waived by midnight. Move saves Lakers $2M.

Keep shedding the dead weight!

Zeus Molecules

They'd have to give them Granger to give it teeth, the Celtics could probably flip him for another pick later.

Good Point

I guess celtics could send Crash to the pacers for granger.... Pacers still get the best player in the trade and they don't really need granger...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Good Point

I guess celtics could send Crash to the pacers for granger.... Pacers still get the best player in the trade and they don't really need granger...
Crash is built for fuckball.

Its what he was designed to do. What he was destined to do.

Cheddahz

Banned
I really hope the Rockets are able to trade Royce White somewhere. I don't care where or what we get, he has been an embarrassment to the Rockets

bynum has a better shot of bowling 300

Or winning Dancing With The Stars

scaled.php

Bread

Banned
as much as id like to see rondo playing on larry birds team, id rather them not trade with the pacers. if youre trading with a team like the mavs, you can at least get future unprotected picks back which could be worth a lot after dirk retires. the pacers on the other hand are built to be a top team for the forseeable future. they cant give us anything that would help besides cap relief (which id rather not have knowing dannys love for josh smith)

Cornbread78

as much as id like to see rondo playing on larry birds team, id rather them not trade with the pacers. if youre trading with a team like the mavs, you can at least get future unprotected picks back which could be worth a lot after dirk retires. the pacers on the other hand are built to be a top team for the forseeable future. they cant give us anything that would help besides cap relief (which id rather not have knowing dannys love for josh smith)

ugghh, Smith... He would only be good as a running mate with Rondi and that is not following the Missiom Wiggins transcript..

I'm not gonna lie, I'll be pretty bummed if we don't get Howard. The fact that he's even meeting with teams other than us and Lakers leaves me with a bad feeling. Houston sports...

The best part of the offseason is going to be seeing what desperate team throws money at Bynum. That is going to keep me laughing for a while.

Top Bottom