• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Iman's cute, this year's Knicks 'should have at least' gotten a few playoff wins. Getting out of the first round was achieving their potential and those two extra Ws are gravy.

If Kidd retires and Prigs leaves the states. Once JR gets paid NY basically has to find a PG in this years draft who can produce immediately or things are gonna be rough.

Jared Zwerling @JaredZwerling about 3 hours ago
Tyson said weight loss affected him a bit vs. Indiana. Lost some strength. Said he'd like to grow on offense to balance out perimeter game.
Marc Berman @NYPost_Berman about 3 hours ago
Chandler also blamed his weight loss from having a strep throat late in regular season to lessening his strength. Had lost 10 pounds.
Well should be interesting to see if there is any regression next year, as he usually is in great shape. Also will he actually try to score? The man can hit short jumpers in practice, never takes in into the game due to Chandler Theory. Maybe that changes...
Iman's cute, this year's Knicks 'should have at least' gotten a few playoff wins. Getting out of the first round was achieving their potential and those two extra Ws are gravy.
I would like to hear this amazing argument you have to state this that doesn't have a troll statement.

Well should be interesting to see if there is any regression next year, as he usually is in great shape. Also will he actually try to score? The man can hit short jumpers in practice, never takes in into the game due to Chandler Theory. Maybe that changes...

I would like to hear this amazing argument you have to state this that doesn't have a troll statement.

'At least' implies that it should have been achieved with relative ease. Getting to the ECF while not out of the question for NY definitely was not something most everyone was expecting to happen. Everyone thought NY would at least win a couple games, could reasonably expect them to go to the 2nd round but getting to the ECF was about their ceiling if everything broke just right. For him to say they should have at least gone to the ECF after not even making the 2nd round last year is 'cute'.

The Wolves are going to be a lot better this year. It would be really hard not to get a guy who can help the team with their pick.

He also eagerly explained himself to anyone who had misgivings about him, letting it be known that he is done letting others speak on his behalf.

“I’m going to talk for myself now. I was a guy who used to just play for basketball and let some of my guys talk for me – family members – but right now, I’m more mature as a person and I’m just going to talk for myself. I think that’s the right way to do it,” Muhammad said, adding that he has grown from those missteps. “It made me tighten my circle a lot; knowing who I can trust and who I can’t. But as a kid you learn. Some of those situations were good learning experiences. And standing here today, I feel real comfortable. I’m more mature as a player and I’m believing in myself.”

Bazz's dad and representation are the ones mostly responsible for his "off court" reputation, so its pretty humbling to see a dude call out family like that.

I gotta admit I'm kind of interested in drafting him. Just based off of Howland and the way he moves. He reminds me of Harden--the efficiency isn't anywhere close to what it should be to get that comparison, but Howland factor...

giri

The Wolves are going to be a lot better this year. It would be really hard not to get a guy who can help the team with their pick.

Sort of.

Wolves are in desperate need for a Afflalo/C.Lee type SG who can hit the 3 off the catch, and is a good defender.

The one thing that most others are over paying for.

pilonv1

Sort of.

Wolves are in desperate need for a Afflalo/C.Lee type SG who can hit the 3 off the catch, and is a good defender.

The one thing that most others are over paying for.

They can have Richard Jefferson, he's an expiring too!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....icture/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

lil zbo

edit: and did yal see this?

Roc-Nation-Sports-Signs-WNBA-Rookie-Skylar-Diggins.jpg

diggins signed with jay-z's sports agency

Emwitus

Huh?

Suns say no to that offer. Gonna have to do better than that.

LOL Gorat is worth Lamb, a 12th pick and perkins? Really? Does he come packaged with nash? Oh wait, you traded him to LA for four draft picks. Highway robbery. Then as if that wasn't enough, jim buss offered him 18mil stretching into his 40s

Emwitus

It's the 12th pick in a terrible draft, Perkins is garbage, and Lamb is an unknown. I don't think it's a stretch to say the Suns say no.

It is. We know who gortat is, a nobody without nash, jeremy lamb was the 12th pick and has barely played in the nba. He has the better upside and is still cheap..it would be dumb for phoenix to say no.

giri

LOL Gorat is worth Lamb, a 12th pick and perkins? Really? Does he come packaged with nash? Oh wait, you traded him to LA for four draft picks. Highway robbery.

Perkins has literally 0 value.

Lamb is a d-league rookie who can't get PT over sefelosha or martin, even after YNB went down.

So we trade him for the 12th pick? In this draft?

Yeah. No. Try again.

It is. We know who gortat is, a nobody without nash, jeremy lamb was the 12th pick and has barely played in the nba. He has the better upside and is still cheap..it would be dumb for phoenix to say no.

It'd be dumb for the suns to give OKC their missing piece for a 12th pick in this draft. They'd need to cough up a lot more than that.

Emwitus

Perkins has literally 0 value.

Lamb is a d-league rookie who can't get PT over sefelosha or martin, even after YNB went down.

So we trade him for the 12th pick?

Yeah. No. Try again.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. LOL Presti intentionally sent him to the D-league to get playing time......it wasn't by merit that he never played over sefalosha or martin. Wat the heck are you talking about? Your being delusional if you think okc would let a cheap contract like his get traded to phoenix for a nash project and added pick. So you get two first round picks for gorat! LOLs

giri

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. LOL Presti intentionally sent him to the D-league to get playing time......it wasn't by merit that he never played over sefalosha or martin. Wat the heck are you talking about? Your being delusional if you think okc would let a cheap contract like his get traded to phoenix for a nash project and added pick. hahahaha

I think you significantly over value an unproven player. Significantly.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
How the hell did I miss all of this PELICANS shit? My friend casually said the name to me today and I thought he was playing with me. I refused to believe him until I Googled it.

Lmao that's like below a D-League moniker.

Emwitus

I think you significantly over value an unproven player. Significantly.

His unproven because he still hasn't played in the nba. OKC know what they are getting with gortat and which is a limited upside for a short time and more money. Harden-gate ain't happening again.

Gortat > Lamb Perkins and trash pick

He is not worth two number one picks no matter how many ways you wanna screw that top. Lamb hasn't even played in the nba and averaged 20 5 and 1 @ a .49FG% in the d-league as the 12th draft. Only an idiot would make that trade.

giri

His unproven because he still hasn't played in the nba. OKC know what they are getting with gortat and which is a limited upside for a short time and more money. Harden-gate ain't happening again.

Thats the only relevant part of your post. You should have stopped your self when you typed that.

gortat can catch, finish, get boards and blocks: all on an mle deal. he needs to be paid in like a year or two but he's one of the best values in the league.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
He is not worth two number one picks no matter how many ways you wanna screw that top. Lamb hasn't even played in the nba and averaged 20 5 and 1 @ a .49FG% in the d-league as the 12th draft. Only an idiot would make that trade.

Morris Almond used to put like 25 a game in the DLeague.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
This is insanity. Take a step back, take a deep breathe, and then look at that time you cited a guy's DLeague stats as a serious barometer.

Emwitus

This is insanity. Take a step back, take a deep breathe, and then look at that time you cited a guy's DLeague stats as a serious barometer.

The guy is a freaking 12th draft pick that hasn't played in the nba. He got drafted, was traded away not because he was a bust like Robinson, but because okc gave away JAMES HARDEN. There was no way he was playing infront of martin so he got sent down to the dleague. There he averaged the stats you would expect from a 12th overall pick.

Now you guys are saying his worthless because he was sent to the dleague and those stats don't mean anything okc should trade him away for gortat together with another 12th overall pick. I think you should step back and think about what the heck your talking about.

While shooting .350 from 3. In the d-league. Where the average C is like 6'6.

So let's dock a guy for not being a person his not amirite?

Like i said, only a phoenix gm would make that trade

giri

The guy is a freaking 12th draft pick that hasn't played in the nba. He got drafted, was traded away not because he was a bust like Robinson, but because okc gave away JAMES HARDEN. There was no way he was playing infront of martin so he got sent down to the dleague. There he averaged the stats you would expect from a 12th overall pick.

Now you guys are saying his worthless because he was sent to the dleague and those stats don't mean anything okc should trade him away for gortat together with another 12th overall pick. I think you should step back and think about what the heck your talking about.

you keep citing 12th pick like it means anything.

Hasheem Thabeet. No.2 Overall.

And, lamb mightn't been worthless. But putting up stats in the D-League isn't all that super impressive. Many guys have done it and are end of bench role players at best in the NBA. They're completely worthless in trying to determine his NBA value.

Emwitus

you keep citing 12th pick like it means anything.

Hasheem Thabeet. No.2 Overall.

What did he average in the dleague? There was a reason lamb was drafted at 12 and he hasn't shown any signs his a bust. I loved how you schemed over stats you would expect from a pick at his position part. Try again.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
On a whim, sent an application to Golden State for a sales/marketing position. Highly doubt I'll get a callback, but you never know I guess.

giri

What did he average in the dleague? There was a risen lamb was drafted at 12 and he hasn't shown any signs his a bust. Try again.

Again. Reason he was drafted at 12?

Austin Rivers went at 10.

Should the suns trade for him too?

Emwitus

Again. Reason he was drafted at 12?

Austin Rivers went at 10.

Should the suns trade for him too?

Look, if lamb had a chance ala rivers to play and had the lowest per ever then you would have had a point. Otherwise, you're just spewing stuff a phoenix gm would slip to presti to prop up gortat and devalue lamb.

Emwitus

you really need stop citing D league stats as if they mean anything significant.

They don't mean everything....but they do mean something. If lamb was terrible in the nba and got dropped to the d-league those stats mean jack shit. Also, if lamb never played a minute in the nba and averaged crap stats in the d-league we'd all be shitting on him.

In this case, Jeremy lamb has shown no indications he will be a bust therefore it would be stupid to trade him away for a player like gorat who is older and costs more. Harden for gortat....oh yeah!

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
After the talk it all come down to this:

It'd be dumb for the suns to give OKC their missing piece...

PHX would be adding a huge amount of value to the OKC roster, possibly sending them straight to the Finals. For Perk, Lamb, and the 12th?

It's not worth it, just for the amount of hate they'd receive from the rest of the league. Dan Gilbert's protest would be awesome to behold.

Gortat could avg 20/10 off Westbrook shots alone. My God.

Emwitus

Gortat would average 20 10

LOL Gave me a nice chuckle. Career average 8 7 would double his average at 30..good one.

thekad

Banned
It's a fair trade for both sides honestly. I think Lamb for Gortat straight up is fair but if you're adding Perk's terrible contract with it then the 12th pick has to come too.

fertygo

Gortat's value isn't that high anymore coming off his terrible season etc, yeah its stupid blablabla.. but I don't think he's hot around the league nowadays.

don't WNBA players make like $50K a year? What the hell she need an agent for?

I would say normally who the fuck gives about WNBA players but it looks like this new batch is really trying to market the hell out of themselves

And the more skylar diggins and that other hot white chick whose name I forgot I can see instead of "liberty vs shock!" during the offseason, the better

Top Bottom