• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

SamuraiX-

In case ya'll wanted to know what Dwight was up to today.

sTQ8yfb.jpg

Although Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak has recently told D'Antoni that his job is secure, sources said, the fact that management hasn't allowed him to start hiring assistant coaches for a depleted staff has left many suspicious the Lakers are keeping the option of cutting ties with D'Antoni should it allow them to re-sign Howard.
And the one coach who has most recently been considered for an assistant's spot on the staff, Kurt Rambis, is closely tied to the Buss family and the ever-lurking Phil Jackson.

I had a feeling the Madsen and Rambis hirings had Phil's hands all over it. Jeanie and Rambis' wife are basically best friends and they double-date all the time.

It seems the Lakers told Dwight if he re-signs, they'll can MDA if that's what he wants and Phil may step in. Too bad Shaw isn't still available :(

thekad

Banned
I had a feeling the Madsen and Rambis hirings had Phil's hands all over it. Jeanie and Rambis' wife are basically best friends and they double-date all the time.

It seems the Lakers told Dwight if he re-signs, they'll can MDA if that's what he wants and Phil may step in. Too bad Shaw isn't still available :(

My thinking, too. I think odds are Dwight stays.

SamuraiX-

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 56s
In short: Sources say Clippers prefer Bargnani to DeRozan but are lukewarm to Toronto's pitch in either case, with Doc still so pro-Bledsoe

lmfao if the Clippers actually trade for Garbagenani.

Ujiri is just on a fucking roll.

jbug617

Banned
I don't believe Marc Stein saying Rondo is going to be dealt pretty quick. Ainge can probably wait and see by the trade deadline to see what Rondo can get.

Brinbe

Smfh @ some of my fellow Raptor fans getting overexcited over nothing. Clips aren't taking either of these guys.

c'mon kave, be real...
In short: Sources say Clippers prefer Bargnani to DeRozan but are lukewarm to Toronto's pitch in either case, with Doc still so pro-Bledsoe

Masai's making the pitch, but the Clips are (smartly) not having any of it.

linsivvi

I don't get it. Last off-season every Laker fan was overjoyed. This off-season they're attacking Dwight, the org, etc.

There's nothing not to get here. I wasn't one of those overjoyed fans. I never proclaimed the Lakers were going to do anything after the trades last season.

I also simply don't like Dwight. Period.

You can't win with him as your first option anyway. Not in the West.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Smfh @ some of my fellow Raptor fans getting overexcited over nothing. Clips aren't taking either of these guys.

c'mon kave, be real...

Masai's making the pitch, but the Clips are (smartly) not having any of it.

I will slap your shit. Don't ruin this for me.

I want to believe even when I know it won't happen!

Nelo Ice

Banned

Sounds like Jim Buss is stepping down and Jeanie is taking over basketball operations. Hopefully that's the case and if Dwight stays I would not mind Pringles being fired.

Branduil

There's nothing not to get here. I wasn't one of those overjoyed fans. I never proclaimed the Lakers were going to do anything after the trades last season.

I also simply don't like Dwight. Period.

You can't win with him as your first option anyway. Not in the West.

The trick is making Dwight think he's the first option without actually being it.

jbug617

Banned
The trick is making Dwight think he's the first option without actually being it.

That is why Houston makes sense to me. Mchale can give him all the attention he needs when it comes to playing offense in the post but we know Harden is the leader of the team.

Carrying a team to the finals as the primary offensive weapon, beating the favorite to win it all, and then losing to a team with a more talented overall roster does not equate to unable to win it all as a first option on offense.

He was the primary option on those Magic teams.

He didn't win it all.

I have yet to see him win it all as a primary option.

Multiple Sources is reporting that CP3 will stay with the Clips.

Is that Chris Broussard's company?

By that logic the only first options you can win a championship with are those who have already won a championship as a first option.

No, not really.

We could tell Jordan would be a champion at some point before he won.

Isiah too.

I have seen nothing yet to suggested that Dwight could lead a team to a championship as the primary option.

I say "yet" because up until last year, LeBron wasn't proving that to be the case either.

No, not really.

We could tell Jordan would be a champion at some point before he won.

Isiah too.

I have seen nothing yet to suggested that Dwight could lead a team to a championship as the primary option.

I say "yet" because up until last year, LeBron wasn't proving that to be the case either.

This would be more convincing if you claimed someone was championship material before they actually won the championship.

This would be more convincing if you claimed someone was championship material before they actually won the championship.

Wat

I'm talking about a first option to lead a team to a chip, not championship material.

Dwight hasn't proven he is that yet.

Scottie Pippen was championship material but not a first option to win a chip.

See: 1994 Eastern Conference Playoffs

semi-OT:

Potential 1st pick in the NHL Seth Jones is mad lucky he didn't inherit his father's looks.

my god.

watching ESPN and his dad pops up on this screen...in HD.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Wat

I'm talking about a first option to lead a team to a chip, not championship material.

Dwight hasn't proven he is that yet.

Scottie Pippen was championship material but not a first option to win a chip.

See: 1994 Eastern Conference Playoffs
Jordan was a great second option. Big shoes to fill.

Top Bottom