• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Westlo

That's an unreasonable expectation. The West is stacked. Unless Harden improves his game another notch, that's not going to happen this season. And if he does improve, that just confirmed the fact that Dwight can only be a Robin on a winning team.

A healthier Howard is a big upgrade over Asik, getting a legit PF for Asik + the improvement in Beverly, Harden and Parsons means they should be aiming for WCF period.

Then their main concern is their coach, and yes D-12 can only be a Robin, he aint no #1 option.

linsivvi

A healthier Howard is a big upgrade over Asik, getting a legit PF for Asik + the improvement in Beverly, Harden and Parsons means they should be aiming for WCF period.

Then their main concern is their coach, and yes D-12 can only be a Robin, he aint no #1 option.

They should be aiming for it, sure, but it will still be difficult for them to get there.

OKC still has Durant and Westbrook.
Golden State if healthy is more talented pound for pound.
The Spurs is still the Spurs.
The Clippers finally get a good coach (if CP3 returns).
Memphis have the bigs to counter Dwight.
Denver - Who knows?

In the West, nothing is guaranteed.

KingGondo

Banned
OKC still has Durant and Westbrook.
Golden State if healthy is more talented pound for pound.
The Spurs is still the Spurs.
The Clippers finally get a good coach (if CP3 returns).
Memphis have the bigs to counter Dwight.
Denver - Who knows?

In the West, nothing is guaranteed.
Meanwhile, in the East...

Mo Williams will re-sign as a free agent with the Utah Jazz only if he remains the starting point guard next season, a source told Yahoo! Sports on Friday.
asshole has the nerve to make demands after his vanishing act in the decisive game of the season against Memphis?

The Rockets were a +3.5 team last year despite being full of young players that should improve and could be adding Dwight and moving Asik for a good PF. They're probably a 60 win team if they can get Dwight and Anderson. That's one of the big things about the Rockets from last year that is going to be hugely different this year with those moves. Their frontcourt was just terrible other than Asik last year and he go only go 30 MPG. 38 MPG Dwight plus a good PF plus the development of TJones solves most of their issues. They're definitely better than the Clippers and Warriors. The Clippers third best player is 33 year old Matt Barnes...If they manage to keep him. The Warriors don't really have any above average players (Klay and Barnes are fine but nothing special) other than Curry and Bogut.

asshole has the nerve to make demands after his vanishing act in the decisive game of the season against Memphis?

He sucked the entire season, no need to point out specific games. He should never start in the NBA again.

linsivvi

Also fine, but he's as bad defensively as he is good offensively. The Warriors were mediocre until Bogut actually started playing like Bogut.

Fair enough. Though their biggest problem is health. I'm interested to see what they can do if both Bogut and Curry can stay healthy for a full season. Tall order though.

I wonder if the Cavs are still looking to trade Thompson, Bennett, Waiters, etc. for an established vet? I kinda expect them to move one of Thompson or Bennett actually.

We're still chipping?

patrileydance.gif

CP3's legacy is basically going to be wasted potential now I guess. Very little post season success or any accolades to speak of even for the regular season.

It's a shame because we deserved to see him in a competitive late post season series with a strong cast around him but I guess that's not going to happen because of car insurance endorsements and 65 degree weather or something.

Pelicans strongly interested in signing free agent forward Andre Iguodala to join old Sixers teammate Jrue Holiday, sources tell Y! Sports.

Uhh, this team does realize that their franchise player and future superstar is barely 20 years old right? There's time to wait on things instead of going fully into win-now mode.

Holiday
Who cares
Iggy
Davis
Asik or Ryno

Would definitely be a playoff team despite their scoring struggles though.

Nori Chan

Eric Gordon for the 20 games that he will play will probably win them a couple games....okay I mean the 10 games he playes

this is the part where Austin rivers becomes totally better this year. Now it'll be like 8 points on 40% shooting!

I don't even see how the Pelicans would have the cap space to do this even if they dump Robin Lopez. Holiday+Gordon+Anderson+Davis+Smith+Rivers+Vasquez is already 47m with cap holds taking other parts of their space.

jjasper

Clippers want to talk to Tony Allen? Guess he really impressed GM Chris Paul with his clutch flop in game 2 against the Spurs

Uhh, this team does realize that their franchise player and future superstar is barely 20 years old right? There's time to wait on things instead of going fully into win-now mode.

Holiday
Who cares
Iggy
Davis
Asik or Ryno

Would definitely be a playoff team despite
their scoring struggles though.

I'm still shocked they turned down a Noel/Davis front court.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
dmorey
Thank you to @cabezadelfino & @Thirty2zero, you both have been great Rockets, players & teammates. Hope there is a chance to reunite

was obvious that delfino and brooks were gone but now official.

Jonm1010

Banned
Jrue Holiday doesn't want anything to do with Iggy.
Why do you say that? Iggy has been making a number of complimentary tweets about Jrue recently. I'm pretty sure they get along fine.

As for salary I saw knocked around that if we trade Greivis Vasquez, let smiths option expire or trade him that it frees up a good bit of space and could spend about 12mil on iggy.

I'd be ok with Jrue, Gordon, iggy, Anderson, Davis lineup going forward. The two sticking points would just be Gordon's health which I don't think will ever work out. That and we'd have three players on the court who want the ball in their hands most of the time.

All that said I don't see why he's doesnt just stay in Denver, unless Denver is unwilling to pay him. He can make more there and their core group of guys isn't much different talent wise then the pelicans could potentially be.

Zep

Banned
Why do you say that? Iggy has been making a number of complimentary tweets about Jrue recently. I'm pretty sure they get along fine.

As for salary I saw knocked around that if we trade Greivis Vasquez, let smiths option expire or trade him that it frees up a good bit of space and could spend about 12mil on iggy.

I'd be ok with Jrue, Gordon, iggy, Anderson, Davis lineup going forward. The two sticking points would just be Gordon's health which I don't think will ever work out. That and we'd have three players on the court who want the ball in their hands most of the time.

With Gordon's health, you relegate his ass to spot up shooter and run him around some screens. Let Jrue and Iguodala handle the ball. Should be quite simple for Monty.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
With Gordon's health, you relegate his ass to spot up shooter and let Jrue and Iguodala handle the ball. Should be quite simple for Monty.

Should be.

But this is the guy who put Davis at the 3 last year.

Edit: holy shit we brought in mark price as a shooting coach?

we're supposed to suck next year mj, stahp

Derwind

I got no hate for you or your team but giving up Bargnani for anything trumps all!

This is true but still don't want Caron in the larger scope of things. But he has like what? A year left on his contract?

Anyway this is all speculation. I wont believe anything until I get something other than "maybe's". July 1st cant get here soon enough.

Zep

Banned
Collins, who declined comment for this article, made a push for more power, for control of all player personnel decisions - which at the time was then team president Rod Thorn's responsibility. According to sources with intimate knowledge of the situation, Collins wanted to sign center Kwame Brown to a guaranteed five-year, $30 million deal before the lockout-shortened 2011-12 season. Harris, on Thorn's advice, vetoed the signing. Unfortunately for the Sixers, it was revisited.

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 1m
The Utah Jazz will pursue O.J. Mayo, according to sources. They're going after him hard. I've been hearing that since their season ended.

After all these years, Utah will finally find their elite SG.

edit: 5/$30 wasn't even legal for Kwame before the season began that year. Can't sign for longer than 4 years unless it's the team you're on. Kwame was in detroit. That article is wrong.

Top Bottom