• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Because the Knicks deserve to be shit on for trading for a guy that plays no defense and at 7 feet tall is almost allergic to getting any sort of rebounds. And they traded away 3 picks for him including a first rounder. Don't even care about Novak or Camby because they combined can't be any worse than Bargs.

You missed the sarcasm by a notch or five thousand.

Nobility

Banned
I am 90% sure these developments will dominate the Toronto sports cycle tonight, there should be a special event on NBA TV Canada for this.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
After this, I never want to hear that Boozer is un-tradeable. If Ujiri was Bulls GM, he could get LeBron for Boozer, but Gar/Pax can't even trade Deng on an expiring contract.

No amount of hype makes booz attractive

Bargs still has that poor man's Dirk hype

reilo

KBergCBS: One exec of Knicks' deal to acquire Bargnani, an overpriced luxury: "Now that the Nets put their wallet down, the Knicks had to keep up."

*DEAD*

Forever

Banned
The fucking Knicks have the worst fucking owner in the fucking league. Fucking manchild throwing a fucking tantrum, whining to his fucking mommy about that other kid across the river who got some new shiny toys and he will cry if he doesn't get one too right fucking now.

Dolan pls.

Branduil

ibzpWwhAbNapAK.jpg

If they die... they die.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
No amount of hype makes booz attractive

Bargs still has that poor man's Dirk hype
Come on, man. We all know Boozer is far better than Bargs.

Holy shit, there are REALGM Bulls fans that are mad at this, because they wanted to trade Boozer for Bargs. They don't even realize that taking on Bargs would have destroyed any 2014 FA plans, lol.

Idiots.

reilo

The haters are coming out of the woodwork and reilo leading the pack as usual.

I was having a rather subdued and crappy week and this lifted my spirits. It's like everything I ever troll the Knicks for gets taken to the next level.

Giving up a first round pick and two second rounders for Andrea Bargnani? Only in my dreams, man. Only in my dreams!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It's amazing what having a great executive can do for your time. It actually makes a huge difference, people.

Especially when he doesn't look like this.

102343196_crop_650x440.jpg

Blackace

Come on, man. We all know Boozer is far better than Bargs.

Holy shit, there are REALGM Bulls fans that are mad at this, because they wanted to trade Boozer for Bargs. They don't even realize that taking on Bargs would have destroyed any 2014 FA plans, lol.

Idiots.
Booz is better than his brother and Drew Gooden I will give him that much

Forever

Banned
Oh yeah and fuck the Knicks, who can root for an organization like this? Masochists. I'm a lifelong New Yorker who never liked that fucking ownership anyway. Go Nets. I'll take the Russian oligarch over that bloated toad Dolan.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
The haters are coming out of the woodwork and reilo leading the pack as usual.

Only thing I'll never hate about the Knicks is 94 and John Starks <3

Blackace

Come on, Ace, you really don't think Booz is better than Bargs?
I think Booz is an overrated PF who plays no D is one trick pony in the post and rebounds poorly for his size

So he sounds like Bargs with less range and one more post move

Were gonna trade bargs to someone

Thats the only way i can make sense out of this.

Now which front office is dumber than the knicks?

Oh yeah and fuck the Knicks, who can root for an organization like this? Masochists. I'm a lifelong New Yorker who never liked that fucking ownership anyway. Go Nets. I'll take the Russian oligarch over that bloated toad Dolan.

Yet nets will still remain irrelevant in comparison to the knicks.

Bread

Banned
yeaaaa i know, rebounding is more about positioning more than size or height or anything else.

jeez can't i just be impressed?
:/
no
Ehh, Duncan and Chuck Hayes both want rebounds desperately and their results on the glass are very different.
obviously height plays a part, but history shows that the guys who want the ball the most will get to it more than the tall guy who just stands under the basket.

isn't reggie evans the best rebounder according to advanced stats?

Everytime I watched the Knicks this year, the wrestling belt shooter, Mr. Novak, never played, so enjoy having a guy that can't rebound in his place.

Derwind

Bargnani

Pros:
- Can space the floor out.
- Is a pretty decent shooter.
- Has decent handles for a bigman.
- Is an okay passer.

Cons:
- Virtually no D.
- Gives you an average of 6 or so boards for a full 48. Don't even ask about offensive boards.
- His post game is nonexistent.
- Don't ask about his points in traffic.
- Has a horribly lax and lazy attitude.
- Did I mention his defense?

He could be useful playing alongside teammates that can make up for his deficiencies. I think it'll be all about how the Knicks use him in their system.

I'm sorry I can only make him look so good, I'm not a just not that good.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I think Booz is an overrated PF who plays no D is one trick pony in the post and rebounds poorly for his size

So he sounds like Bargs with less range and one more post move
Every objective measure has him being better than Bargs, though. You think Boozer plays no D? Bargs is even worse on D. You think Booz rebounds poorly for his size (not true, he averages almost a career 10 RPG, while being an undersized PF), then Bargs is even worse at 3.7 RPG (while being 7 feet tall). Bargs career average is 15 PPG on 44% shooting, while Booz is 17 PPG on 53% shooting.

Even at advanced stats, Boozer is better. I don't know if you've seen a lot of Bargs play, but Boozer is better. And Bargs doesn't stretch the floor. He averages usually one 3 pointer a game, and is usually wide open doing it, as defenders don't fall for the collapse.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
bwahahaha I want AlphaSnake to spin this into any kind of positive... I dare him lol

Dude, you know me, I'm a realist. I shit talk my team more than anyone I know.

I already had a meltdown on Facebook and when Reilo emailed me the bad news.

There is no spin to this. The Knicks are such a clusterfuck of ups and downs.

Blackace

Everytime I watched the Knicks this year, the wrestling belt shooter, Mr. Novak, never played, so enjoy having a guy that can't rebound in his place.

Between Bargs Melo and Amar'e you have 20 boards!

Top Bottom