• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Every objective measure has him being better than Bargs, though. You think Boozer plays no D? Bargs is even worse on D. You think Booz rebounds poorly for his size (not true, he averages almost a career 10 RPG, while being an undersized PF), then Bargs is even worse at 3.7 RPG (while being 7 feet tall). Bargs career average is 15 PPG on 44% shooting, while Booz is 17 PPG on 53% shooting.

Even at advanced stats, Boozer is better. I don't know if you've seen a lot of Bargs play, but Boozer is better. And Bargs doesn't stretch the floor. He averages usually one 3 pointer a game, and is usually wide open doing it, as defenders don't fall for the collapse.

Booz is marginally better than Bargs

But it's not enough to brag about

I also think Bargs could strive in a 6th man role

Bargnani

Pros:
- Can space the floor out.
- Is a pretty decent shooter.
- Has decent handles for a bigman.
- Is an okay passer.

Cons:
- Virtually no D.
- Gives you an average of 6 or so boards for a full 48. Don't even ask about offensive boards.
- His post game is nonexistent.
- Don't ask about his points in traffic.
- Has a horribly lax and lazy attitude.
- Did I mention his defense?

He could be useful playing alongside teammates that can make up for his deficiencies. I think it'll be all about how the Knicks use him in their system.

I'm sorry I can only make him look so good, I'm not a just not that good.

Pros
Will wear fashionable suits while he's sitting on the bench because he's injured once again
Will be a hell of an expiring contract next year

thekad

Banned
Boozer is miles better than Bargnani. I mean that's not saying much since Bargnani is one of the worst players in the league but still.

jman2050

Almost a decade and a half ago I was living in Orlando Florida and was just getting into basketball seriously. I had the choice of following my other previous NY sports allegiances and going with the Knicks, who had just lost to the Spurs in the Finals, or follow the local team, who at that point was fielding Darrell Armstrong as their best player. For some reason that I don't even remember now, I chose the Orlando Magic.

I made a good decision that fateful day.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
KAVE WHERE YOU AT BUDDY!!

RIGHT HERE MAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!

Palance1.gif

Forever

Banned
Almost a decade and a half ago I was living in Orlando Florida and was just getting into basketball seriously. I had the choice of following my other previous NY sports allegiances and going with the Knicks, who had just lost to the Spurs in the Finals, or follow the local team, who at that point was fielding Darrell Armstrong as their best player. For some reason that I don't even remember now, I chose the Orlando Magic.

If you watch basketball in New York and you're not jumping ship to Brooklyn right now then you deserve what you'll get from the Dolans.

shira

Bargnani

Pros:
- Can space the floor out.
- Is a pretty decent shooter.
- Has decent handles for a bigman.
- Is an okay passer.

Cons:
- Virtually no D.
- Gives you an average of 6 or so boards for a full 48. Don't even ask about offensive boards.
- His post game is nonexistent.
- Don't ask about his points in traffic.
- Has a horribly lax and lazy attitude.
- Did I mention his defense?

He could be useful playing alongside teammates that can make up for his deficiencies. I think it'll be all about how the Knicks use him in their system.

I'm sorry I can only make him look so good, I'm not a just not that good.

The pro's are all negated because he doesn't want to win or take contact. He gets magically injured and is not a team leader. It was probably fine on Toronto's multicultural team that tries to lose. If he pulls that shit in New York his teammates and the media will rip him to shreds.

I didn't realize that Boozer's stats were so bad this year, but his ability to score inside crushes Bargnani's while being a better defender and probably being more durable than Bargnani (while being worse in those categories than almost all of the rest of the league). Boozer is probably average, but Bargnani is terrible.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dude, you know me, I'm a realist. I shit talk my team more than anyone I know.

I already had a meltdown on Facebook and when Reilo emailed me the bad news.

There is no spin to this. The Knicks are such a clusterfuck of ups and downs.

Haha I know, I just like giving you a hard time. You did it to me in the Superman thread couple weeks ago :p Though this is obviously much worse.

Derwind

The pro's are all negated because he doesn't want to win or take contact. He gets magically injured and is not a team leader. It was probably fine on Toronto's multicultural team that tries to lose. If he pulls that shit in New York his teammates and the media will rip him to shreds.

You sound mad. Why you mad?

masud

Banned

Orlandos never gonna win anything ever. Knicks probably won't either but at least they're not the Lakers farm system.

And as usual you guys are overreacting. I don't like the deal because bags is garbage but a late 1st rounder is not giving up the farm. Knicks have traded every other pick since like 2000 can't be too mad, this was expected.

benjipwns

Banned
Has a guard ever lead a team in rebounding before? What about a point-guard?
Kidd did it three years straight, that's nuts. And those teams were still better than the Knicks.
wait

how did kidd average 8 rebounds a game? that's crazy.
Can't believe you guys so easily forgot somebody...

Fat Lever did it four years in a row. He has four games over 20 rebounds and seven over 18. (Kidd the only other guard since 1985 to have 18+ in a game.) Three times grabbed 8.9 or more rebounds a game.

6-3, 170. Though he did play two guard some years.

Random YouTube highlights from game against Bulls (31/16/12 with 6 steals): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgDPFlbd3no

Blackace

Orlandos never gonna win anything ever. Knicks probably won't either but at least they're not the Lakers farm system.

And as usual you guys are overreacting. I don't like the deal because bags is garbage but a late 1st rounder is not giving up the farm. Knicks have traded every other pick since like 2000 can't be too mad, this was expected.
You have Zero rebounding and D

Zero

Blackace

Fat Lever did it four years in a row. He has four games over 20 rebounds and seven over 18. (Kidd the only other guard since 1985 to have 18+ in a game.) Three times grabbed 8.9 or more rebounds a game.

Random YouTube highlights from game against Bulls (31/16/12 with 6 steals): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgDPFlbd3no

Fat is before most of these guys time

Good player tho

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I spent the first 15 years of my life living in NYC. I was a Knicks fan my whole life.

First thing I did when I moved to Orlando was become a Magic fan.

shira

You sound mad. Why you mad?

I'm not mad. Tdot sucks so bad the league apologizes when it becomes too obvious that the refs bet against them. It is known.

Masai-God will cast these scrubs into the 0-82 tank and reborn the craptors will be with the Wiggins.

Kwhit10

Rondo had 18 boards in a playoff game too. Unless you meant >18 rebounds.

Forever

Banned
Don't come back to the Knicks when they are still better than the Nets you fucking turncoat.

I never even fucking liked the organization anyway. It's not like there was much choice. Dolan is one of the most loathsome creatures in sports and I'm glad that we finally have an alternative in town.

Also the Knicks suck and will suck until such time as the franchise gets sold, which will be never, so they will literally suck forever.

Top Bottom