• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

entremet

Maybe the Knicks should have given Pat Riley the power he wanted back in the day

Cause LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

The problem with the Knicks is that they're such a micromanaged organization, that most decent front office people avoid that organization like the plague. You basically have no power as a GM, because of the committee style way it is run. The MSG groups is terrible in general.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
" Ken Berger @KBergCBS
Sources: Confident in their pursuit of Dwight Howard, Rockets make Asik, Lin available in trade talks."

Totally knew Lin was gonna be trade bait after that draft pick and Bev proving he's just as good.

Now who bites.

Asik :(

DCX

DCX
Ummm....ok. Lets think of the positives:

- Bargs is doesnty post up and wont clog the lane for Melo iso ball.
- Is a shooter? Is a shooter!
- better defender than Novak by a country mile
- Camby is washed up
- Could redeem his career in a fresh place

Negatives:

- we give up picks, picks and more picks
- trade kicker and overpaid 4/5 when we have 4/5 already on Max contracts
- Felton rebounds better
- A shit defender but still better than Novak
- streakier than John Starks and JR Smith combined
- soft as hell
- NY will eat his soul

fuck it...bring it on.

DCX

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Better defender than Steve Novak. Not as old as Camby. Can shoot the ball kind of. He's a 7 footer. Stands out of Melo's way. Change of scenery means he lives up to #1 draft pick status.

Seriously wondering how many of these thoughts were running through the Knicks FO's heads when they did this one.

pilonv1

Jason Quick ‏@jwquick 1m

Blazers FA targets should be clear now: Defensive minded center; versatile SF. Zaza Pachulia and Mike Dunleavy?

I need to know what reilo would think of this ASAP

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"They already have him, if you talk to them," one league source said"

It's Howard... I simply can't believe this league source.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I need to know what reilo would think of this ASAP

I'd rather they trade for a really good one on a team that's over the cap. Which means come July 10, they can facilitate a lopsided trade if they don't sign someone outright.

shira

Bargs isn't that bad. Should add scoring and toughness if healthy.

Have you seen this guy? The guy who does nothing on defence and hangs out by the 3 point line on offence? He walks the minimum distance every game and is the first one in line for water and oranges at timeouts

reilo

KBergCBS: With 5 percent trade kicker, Andrea Bargnani will make $11.3M next season. As @HowardBeckNYT points out, fourth-highest paid on Knicks.

rofl

Bargs isn't that bad. Should add scoring and toughness if healthy.

bargnani-allstar-primo-o.gif

reilo

I averaged as many points, assists, and rebounds in the playoffs as Kobe Bryant did.

Damn

Trying to see some light at the end of the tunnel for Knick fans but Andrea is...his last three seasons he's averaged well under 34% from deep and he somehow managed to show off an extremely impressive DRTG of 115 over 66 games played in the 2010-2011 season which is the highest I've seen...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Damn

Trying to see some light at the end of the tunnel for Knick fans but Andrea is...his last three seasons he's averaged well under 34% from deep and he somehow managed to show off an extremely impressive DRTG of 115 over 66 games played in the 2010-2011 season which is the highest I've seen...

The light at the end of the tunnel is that this deal means the only guaranteed money for 2015-2016 on the Knicks right now is Felton + Hardaway JR.

Of course they might not even have any picks so they can actually enter a full blown tank mode by then so thats a pretty hollow light.

reilo

What if Melo decides to take his ETO next summer, goes to a different team, and the Knicks are stuck with a roster of Felton, Bargnani, and Amar'e as their three best players?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Replacing Kirilenko with Martin is a staggering decline defensively.

Not sure Martin will even bother to stay in shape after this contract is signed.

I think it's obvious that Flip doesn't know what he's doing. He's letting AK go so he can pursue clowns like Mayo and Martin. He's already said he doesn't like advanced stats, not that I do, either, but even regular stats say those guys suck. Hell, just watch them and you'd see it.

I'm guessing we go into next season with a starting five like Pekovic, Love, Muhammad, Mayo, Rubio.

And that scares the hell out of me.

Talon

" Ken Berger @KBergCBS
Sources: Confident in their pursuit of Dwight Howard, Rockets make Asik, Lin available in trade talks."

Totally knew Lin was gonna be trade bait after that draft pick and Bev proving he's just as good.

Now who bites.

Asik :(
Aw, yiss...Josh Smith S&T!

PBY

Banned
I think it's obvious that Flip doesn't know what he's doing. He's letting AK go so he can pursue clowns like Mayo and Martin. He's already said he doesn't like advanced stats, not that I do, either, but even regular stats say those guys suck. Hell, just watch them and you'd see it.

I'm guessing we go into next season with a starting five like Pekovic, Love, Muhammad, Mayo, Rubio.

And that scares the hell out of me.
I don't understand "not liking" advanced stats. They're just tools man. Why would you want to have less data?

Top Bottom