• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I don't understand "not liking" advanced stats. They're just tools man. Why would you want to have less data?

Because he's an idiot who relies on the "eye test." Muhammad looks like he should be an NBA, right? He's definitely got length and whatever else Flip looks for.

I had heard that the Wolves were one of like four teams in the league that didn't use Synergy. I'm guessing that's still true today.

the Knicks must be feeling the heat from the Russian down the road, so naturally they go out and up the ante for the contest to decide which organization can look the most inept. Who ya got NY Prokorov or Dolan?

bargnani-allstar-primo-o.gif

you're gon miss your boy,admit it.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
" Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 3m
Houston is confident entering the meeting with Dwight Howard tonight. They think they'll land him. One source described Rockets as "cocky."

How can you be cocky with this guy? I don't get it :\

Talon

Lin and Asik's salaries match up about to a max contract.

Morey loves Josh Smith.

Ferry wants to team up Horford with a strong Center.

This is a match made in heaven - even with the Linbatross. Come on, Houston! Imagine the shot blocking and transition buckets! Ignore the 20 foot jumpers and lack of effort!

Truphenom

The league instituted rules stating that teams can't give away consecutive picks anymore... because of the New York Knicks. So you're in luck, you get to keep at least one 2015 first rounder!

Pre-season sucker.

See, it isn't always bad news. I look forward to see who the Knicks and Nuggets draft in '15 and '16. The Nuggets pick will prob be in the deeper more talented draft as well.

Tom Penny

Houston is confident entering the meeting with Dwight Howard tonight. They think they'll land him. One source described Rockets as "cocky."

There is no way they let the next Hakeem slip through their fingers.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
The league instituted rules stating that teams can't give away consecutive picks anymore... because of the New York Knicks. So you're in luck, you get to keep at least one 2015 first rounder!

It's actually because of the Cavs. Sorry to ruin your Knick bashing. I'll see myself out.

Branduil

Dude you got Chandler Parsons.

Because he's an idiot who relies on the "eye test." Muhammad looks like he should be an NBA, right? He's definitely got length and whatever else Flip looks for.

I had heard that the Wolves were one of like four teams in the league that didn't use Synergy. I'm guessing that's still true today.

Yeah, it's really hard for me to go with the "eye test" and think that Shabazz or Kevin Martin helps a team win.

Maybe if you don't pay attention to anything happening in the game other than when those guys are getting shots up (even then, not sure Shabazz passes the eye test). Martin-Bazz-Love starting together probably leads to a bottom 5 defense in the NBA.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
HowardBeckNYT
UPDATE: Knicks trade for Bargnani will NOT be approved by NBA tonight. As a result, teams will have to restructure under 2013-14 cap figures

dunno if this means anything

Omega

Banned
I believe it when I see it.

Who could want Lin? The tankers: Raptors, Celts, Sixers? Maybe he and Asik in a package deal?

have you not paid attention to anything in this thread?

Give Morey 15 minutes and he could probably talk Dolan into giving him Shumpert and 4 draft picks for Lin and Royce White.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
KBergCBS
Another possible landing spot for Jeremy Lin is Detroit, source says. Rockets would acquire Jose Calderon in sign-and-trade in such a deal.

nooooooooo dont do it morey :(

Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeckNYT 4m
UPDATE: Knicks trade for Bargnani will NOT be approved by NBA tonight. As a result, teams will have to restructure under 2013-14 cap figures

Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeckNYT 5m
Knicks and Raptors both still motivated to do the deal, but it will have to be tweaked once the 2013-14 salaries kick in on July 1.

Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeckNYT 4m
Unclear at the moment why the deal did not get NBA approval. Still expect a Bargnani-to-NY trade in some form during moratorium.

------------

whoa looks like the bargnani deal got basketball reasoned

thank you based stern?

Branduil

I'm just congratulating Rockets-age on their successful wooing of Dwight Howard. They obviously wouldn't be openly shopping two players they signed last year if they didn't already have a commitment from him.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
KBergCBS
Another possible landing spot for Jeremy Lin is Detroit, source says. Rockets would acquire Jose Calderon in sign-and-trade in such a deal.

nooooooooo dont do it morey :(

I'm not saying that trade is great, but don't overvalue Lin anymore. He's good, but not worth the contract and is kinda already injury prone. We played OKC better without him and Parsons has no problems without Lin on the floor.

As for Parsons losing his "friend" ... Howard takes his place.

Matrix

Oh my fucking god...kill me now.

I'm becoming a Magic fan. And a part-time Heat bandwagoner...just like 96% of people who live in Florida.

In time you will join the Rockets fans in the sun.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If Bledsoe gets moved, I can definitely see Collison backing up Paul again in LA

Top Bottom