• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

lol, sorry...GAF and work and basketball don't mix.

So Holiday/Evans/Aminu/Davis/Lopez would be the starters. Gordon never wanted to be there and is always hurt, and they still have Vazquez too.

They have to dump Lopez and trade Gordon to be able to have the cap space to give Tyreke that much money.

Bread

Banned
FYI, that Godron for Dudley/Gortat trade... I'd be ok with that.
I think it's a win-win trade. It would give the Pelicans 2 very solid role players that would make them a real playoff team. If they could have gone with Iguodala instead of Evans (who knows, maybe the Kings are dumber than they look and match) then that team would have some serious firepower.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
We still got a slightly used Ben Gordon!

15% of the time he's clutch 100% of the time!

Mxrz

The TV show thing is just silly enough to believe. You can't even call it the bottom of the barrel after more than a few Laker fans were rooting for the Spurs during the finals.

Rockets seem like the best fit. Harden over Dirk, and no taxes in Texas nukes LA's one advantage. Wonder if they'll try a Sign and trade, or will Howard just bolt?

All this Houston is better then Dallas talk is B.S, Mavs beat houston 3-1 this season with avg players. And all the talk about dirk being done is even more B.S. Compare his stats to 05-06 season lets see...Dirk shot .414 from three compared to .406 in 06...only 2.2 less reabounds this season, .3 less ast, .3 less blks, and he actually improved in turnovers this season and 9 less pts a game........He also played 7 mins a game less this season and he missed 27 games coming off an injury......Those number have barely moved in 7 years! And they even improved after allstar break...the man is clearly not done

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
The TV show thing is just silly enough to believe. You can't even call it the bottom of the barrel after more than a few Laker fans were rooting for the Spurs during the finals.

Rockets seem like the best fit. Harden over Dirk, and no taxes in Texas nukes LA's one advantage. Wonder if they'll try a Sign and trade, or will Howard just bolt?

He will bolt. Rockets and Lakers are not trading.

only tanking teams would take on Gordon's contract - Suns, Celtics, Lakers might be likely destinations. Suns probably make the most sense, considering they were previously interested.

Nobility

Banned
I can only conclude that Dwight is the necessary catalyst that begins the Great American Rap Wars.

4sFZLhC.png

CRXtXbq.png

xflcDlv.png

AsU4HPM.png

2Ii1FIL.png

Sharp

I thought the Pelicans were making solid moves geared towards building a strong base for years to come. Then I heard this shit.

I don't want to screw up our rebuild by cutting it short, but damn if I'm not ready for the next draft and free agency period to get here. Gordon will be off the books, Tyrus will without doubt be anmestied, and Hendo will likely be the only player we have not on a rookie contract. We will likely have at least 2 lottery picks in next year's draft as well. I fucking can't wait, good things come to those who wait. Oh yeah and the Hornets will be returning too, no more Bobcat taint.

Mxrz

I guess the Magic aren't getting Bledsoe after all too. Bring on the Tank II: Tank Harder then. Maybe trade Afflalo for more picks.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
This is a Rockets so called insider on Clutchfans lol

"GSW - was given a meeting out of respect.

Rockets did well last night, but he didn't care that Hakeem was there because he has no defined role in the organization.

Dwight is EXCITED at what the Lakers are going to roll out for them, they have a big show for him. (Kareem may attend as well)

As you already read, Jack Nicholson and him already spoke. (He loves that crap)

Dallas is trying to get Rondo to help their chances at Dwight - Dwight doesn't really care to play with Rondo."

This is why I don't believe a lot of shit on the net anymore, then again maybe Howard is the biggest dumbest douche alive.

Jack over Dream lol

This is a Rockets so called insider on Clutchfans lol

"GSW - was given a meeting out of respect.

Rockets did well last night, but he didn't care that Hakeem was there because he has no defined role in the organization.

Dwight is EXCITED at what the Lakers are going to roll out for them, they have a big show for him. (Kareem may attend as well)

As you already read, Jack Nicholson and him already spoke. (He loves that crap)

Dallas is trying to get Rondo to help their chances at Dwight - Dwight doesn't really care to play with Rondo."

This is why I don't believe a lot of shit on the net anymore, then again maybe Howard is the biggest dumbest douche alive.

Jack over Dream lol

Yeah wtf, here's a completely different scenario, somewhat similar to what Chris B had said earlier last week.

Jordan Schultz ‏@Schultz_Report 56m
LOL yes I did break Ray Allen and Marcus Camby last summer. Not guaranteeing Dwight Howard to Mavs, but my source says it's highly likely.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Jordan Schultz ‏@Schultz_Report 1h
@TWSnyderman @daskins_21 I'm the guy who broke Ray Allen and Camby deals last summer
View conversation

Yes, it is still early in #DwightHoward talks, but I can all but confirm that Golden State is out. #Mavericks are likely to ink the deal.
Expand

Forget that Dwight Howard met w/Rockets first. Great source confirms Dwight Howard is likely to sign with the Dallas Mavericks.
Expand
https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report
Don't know who this guy is.

Matrix

Jonm1010

Banned
Dell Demps giveth and Dell Demps taketh away!

Wtf!!

One minute I'm in love with this dude for finding diamonds in the rough like Greivis Vasquez, Jason Smith and nabbing guys like Ryan Anderson, Carl Landry and Lopez on the cheap over the years. Then there's his big strokes that infuriate me like the Trevor Ariza trade(even though I defended it for a while), Austin Rivers pick and now this.

I'm honestly ok getting rid of Gordon for release but not at 12 mil a fucking year for a guy that can't defend or shoot, something we desperately need more of on our team.

SamuraiX-

I thought the Pelicans were making solid moves geared towards building a strong base for years to come. Then I heard this shit.

It was pretty much all downhill after they drafted Anthony Davis.

• Draft Austin Rivers with the 10th pick
  • Sign Ryan Anderson to a 4-year, $34 million contract
  • Trade Nerlens Noel and a 2014 1st Round Pick for Jrue Holiday
  • Sign Tyreke Evans to a 4-year, $44 million contract
It takes some amazing skill to make that many dumb moves in the span of a year.

Matrix

Yeah wtf, here's a completely different scenario, somewhat similar to what Chris B had said earlier last week.

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report
Don't know who this guy is.

I don't believe really any of these guys and most of it has to do with the player that we are talking about. Only Dwight knows what he's gonna do and he can change his mind at any moment. These sources all contradict each other and it's all just crazy rumors.

Never trust Howard.

"The fact that he is more impressed by Jack over Hakeem is all you really need to know about Dwight lol"

If it's true... he can stay the hell away from Houston lol

shira

I don't believe really any of these guys and most of it has to do with the player that we are talking about. Only Dwight knows what he's gonna do and he can change his mind at any moment. These sources all contradict each other and it's all just crazy rumors.

Never trust Howard.

"The fact that he is more impressed by Jack over Hakeem is all you really need to know about Dwight lol"

If it's true... he can stay the hell away from Houston lol

He likes the ladies. You can always trust that part of D12.

Gordon's max is worse than Reke's contract.

Jonm1010

Banned

I'm fine with 2 and 3. Woulda perferred not to give up a first next year though. 1 and 4 I struggle with. The only thing Austin Rivers did well was show he can be an average defender off the bench and that his father obviously skipped shooting lessons when he was a kid.

For that stupid amount of money, he'll happily warm the bench and serve the team Gatorade to boot.

EG was actually a Top 10 SG during his best seasons with the Clippers though.

But that was like 40 games and he was just coming off a 9 game season after having been injured for his entire life up to that point.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Where is our Ryno mancrush fan?

Eleuin

Wtf are the Pelicans doing!? I guess they want to be the next treadmill team...

I would have loved to be in their position before the nerlens trade

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Wtf are the Pelicans doing!? I guess they want to be the next treadmill team...

I would have loved to be in their position before the nerlens trade

I Reke is a bad contract not a bad signing

Top Bottom