• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Jordan Schultz ‏@Schultz_Report 19m
New NBA info: Source tells me that the #Spurs are in serious negotiations with #Suns to acquire Marcin Gortat...

Wait wut? Does this mean Splitter is gone? Or even...gasp Bonner!?

EDIT: I'm not so lucky :/

Jordan Schultz ‏@Schultz_Report 19m
Source: Spurs-Suns deal 4 Gortat would either be n a Splitter sign-and-trade or Diaw/filler. Suns get at least a 2014 1st rounder either way

Damn, the spurs are everything the knicks are not. Splitter was such a disappointment in the playoffs and gortat seems like he would work really well in the spurs' offense. More rebounding too.

Gortat is incredibly soft. And after watching him in the PnR for a few seasons, he's only dead average in it.

Maybe, but spurs only really need him to screen for that sideline pick n roll they always do, find open shooters, and hit shots from 8-18ft when he's open. He doesn't have to bang inside. He's got decent handles for a 7 footer, no?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
man the dwught comment could of been to try and get J Smoove and the writers didn't want to name name's..... Parson's lonely heart club fans need to stop catching feelings

Damn, the spurs are everything the knicks are not. Splitter was such a disappointment in the playoffs and gortat seems like he would work really well in the spurs' offense. More rebounding too.

JqCD0jm.gif

Try harder

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Did you seriously forget Magic Johnson!?

Have you decided to break the space-time continuum, go back in time, slip some hormones into Earvin's drank, get him to grow 3 inches, then train him to be a center?

Dude was multi-dimensional, but he hardly spent a minute playing at the 5, let alone enough time to be considered an actual center.

Come on, son.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Also, Reddick is a more valuable player than Bledsoe unless you're an idiot.

This is what I'm saying. Why would the Bucks want to give up Reddick for Bledsoe? I don't get how everyone has a hard-on for Bledsoe.
I guess if they know Reddick is leaving anyways they could be trying to get something in return.
But if the Bucks want to start Bledsoe at pg then they need to trade Jennings for a starting sg.
Ugh unless they want a backcourt of Bledsoe and Ellis.

I might need a new team man.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Have you decided to break the space-time continuum, go back in time, slip some hormones into Earvin's drank, get him to grow 3 inches, then train him to be a center?

Dude was multi-dimensional, but he hardly spent a minute playing at the 5, let alone enough time to be considered an actual center.

Come on, son.

He started at center in the finals

Come on, son.

Won more chips at C than Ewing.

Blackace

Why the hell would the Suns trade Gortat for Splitter? We gotta get something better than Splitter and a 2014 pick for him. We better make up for it somewhere else..
Gortat might stop the tank

Vahagn

Why is Stephan A Smith trying to convince me that D Wade is one of the greatest human beings in the professional sports world?

What alternate universe am I living in?

SUPREME1

Banned
Why is Stephan A Smith trying to convince me that D Wade is one of the greatest human beings in the professional sports world?

Destroys his ex-wife's name and character in court via high paid attorneys, receives humanitarian award. He's a dirty player who cheated on his wife in the public eye.

He's a shit stain on LBJ's thong.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

ESPN has some obsession with making Wade seem like some kind of saint.

giri

This is what I'm saying. Why would the Bucks want to give up Reddick for Bledsoe? I don't get how everyone has a hard-on for Bledsoe.
I guess if they know Reddick is leaving anyways they could be trying to get something in return.
But if the Bucks want to start Bledsoe at pg then they need to trade Jennings for a starting sg.
Ugh unless they want a backcourt of Bledsoe and Ellis.

I might need a new team man.

Reddick has already said he's out of there.

But a Jennings / Bledsoe back court would be all sorts of lulz.

I know where the Bledsoe love comes from, but it's entirely misguided.

Apparently the Suns would get a 2014 first round pick, and maybe Diaw/Bonner/lose change somewhere. The other thing I read on Twitter is that Gortat doesn't want to be in Phoenix anyway

Gortat hasn't wanted to be here for 2 seasons. He's a whiny negative douchebag who when told his own game had flaws and he wasn't perfect, ran his mouth to the polish press bagging the whole team and organisation.

Guy can go fuck himself.

Blackace

Can you really name 10 better small forwardS? Parsons is a pretty efficient scorer, good passer. He can shoot. His rebounding could be better and his D is ass though.

LBJ
KD
Melo
Iggy
Paul George
Leonard
PP
Danny Granger
Batum
Dino
Deng
Gay

shira

Apparently the Suns would get a 2014 first round pick, and maybe Diaw/Bonner/lose change somewhere. The other thing I read on Twitter is that Gortat doesn't want to be in Phoenix anyway

Bonner is free?

Could we finally see Red & Black Mamba on the same team???

Gortat hasn't wanted to be here for 2 seasons. He's a whiny negative douchebag who when told his own game had flaws and he wasn't perfect, ran his mouth to the polish press bagging the whole team and organisation.
Not sure we need another person like that after Jackson.

Bonner is on the last year of his contract. I think he gets 3-4 million per year. I'd rather give him up than Diaw
Bonner and Blair are probably gone. Especially Blair.

LBJ
KD
Melo
Iggy
Paul George
Leonard
PP
Danny Granger
Batum
Dino
Deng
Gay
Gonna have to disagree with you on Deng and Gay. Deng's been overrated these past couple years and I'd rather have Parsons than Gay. Most of that list is right though but if/when parsons starts playing defense I;d put him in with Leonard and George.

Magic went 42/15/7 in the final game without Kareem and got Finals MVP doe

Joel managed to catch a pass a few times this year and maybe once in the playoffs. That's an equal achievement.

Zeus Molecules

ahh see I thought that might of been a typo for Delfino.... and I didn't feel like pointing it out for being incorrect.... cause fuck it its not my team to defend.

With that said.... yeah thats 10 SF's better than Parsons. In a few years he could move up cause guys like LBJ and Melo might move to playing the 4 more and some guys will retire...

Pimpwerx

So I get home to discover Reke is literally stealing money from NOLA. WTF? Isn't he now getting paid like Steph Curry? That's fucking insane. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

He won a humanitarian award. Don't you feel the slightest bit silly for judging someone you've never met, and who hasn't had any major offenses in the public eye? PEACE.

"It's feeling really strong. I can walk without a limp … I can go up the stairs and just stand on my toe, which shows a lot of strength in the tendon."

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Bobcats hired Bob Weiss as another asst. coach.

Ewing, Weiss, Price.

Let it go, MJ :|

Zeus Molecules

He won a humanitarian award. Don't you feel the slightest bit silly for judging someone you've never met, and who hasn't had any major offenses in the public eye? PEACE.

bruh this is an internet forum.... all we do is judge people who we've never met... viciously most the time. Don't all of a sudden get all sanctimonious cause its your man Wade.

thekad

Banned
The contract is part of it, but Gay isn't much better than Parsons if at all. But maybe that eye surgery will help him shoot.

So I get home to discover Reke is literally stealing money from NOLA. WTF? Isn't he now getting paid like Steph Curry? That's fucking insane. PEACE.

To be fair, Curry is probably going to get injured every year of his career, otherwise he would be getting paid the max without a doubt.

Top Bottom