• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Hey Faze you think the Wizards are working on a trade for Ariza? Not enough PT for him, Porter, and Webster.

I like your roster for next year, especially in the backcourt.

Wall/Maynor
Beal/Rice
Porter/Webster/Ariza
Nene/Vesely/Booker
Okafor/Seraphin

Is a pretty balanced team all around. If Nene goes down again hough your front court will be pretty bad. You'll definitely need an upgrade at pf or center when Okafor comes off the books.

Vahagn

And if they can only offer him the vets minimum, what's to keep Kobe in LA after he's been amnestied? He has better chances of winning a ring elsewhere.

What's all this vet minimum nonsense. Contract expires next summer.in the 2014 offseason, Without Dwight, they will only have Nash on the books. With a lottery pick, and even with another FA (Lebron) earning max money, they can give Kobe easily 10 million a year and can do the same for a third person.

Not saying LA will do it, but if you're going to argue the negative, at least use factual premises.

For the Lakers to re-sign Bryant, he would have to sit out an entire year until the summer of 2014, because players cannot re-sign with the teams that amnestied them until the end of their current contract.

bummer I missed the Booz god last page.

Rondo for Dwight and Steve Blake , do it Ainge

I wonder if anyone wants Bass, Ainge will trade him next probably if someone wants him lol

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Some 2K news some folks might find cool:

The next edition of the NBA 2K series of games will be the first game of its kind to include European club basketball teams alongside their NBA counterparts, as NBA 2K14 is confirmed to have 14 squads from the Euroleague, per a press release from Euroleague announcing the new partnership.

- Alba Berlin
- FC Barcelona
- Real Madrid
- CSKA Moscow
- EA7 Emporio Armani Milano
- Montepaschi Siena
- Fenerbahçe Ülker Istanbul
- Anadolu Efes Istanbul
- Olympiacos Piraeus
- Panathinaikos Athens
- Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv
- Zalgiris Kaunas
- Unicaja Málaga
- Laboral Kutxa Vitoria

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/7/2/4485988/nba-2k14-euroleague-video-game

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's

The next edition of the NBA 2K series of games will be the first game of its kind to include European club basketball teams alongside their NBA counterparts, as NBA 2K14 is confirmed to have 14 squads from the Euroleague, per a press release from Euroleague announcing the new partnership.

- Alba Berlin
- FC Barcelona
- Real Madrid
- CSKA Moscow
- Montepaschi Siena
- Anadolu Efes Istanbul
- Olympiacos Piraeus
- Panathinaikos Athens
- Zalgiris Kaunas
- Unicaja Málaga
- Laboral Kutxa Vitoria

I think this means I can sim a Bulls season with Nikola Mirotic and without Boozer, then see where that takes us.

(ECF Exit)

Cheddahz

Banned

- Alba Berlin
- FC Barcelona
- Real Madrid
- CSKA Moscow
- Montepaschi Siena
- Anadolu Efes Istanbul
- Olympiacos Piraeus
- Panathinaikos Athens
- Zalgiris Kaunas
- Unicaja Málaga
- Laboral Kutxa Vitoria

Wow, this is actually really cool

ehhhhh that is cool but will never use

can we just have a customizable league

KingGondo

Banned

- Alba Berlin
- FC Barcelona
- Real Madrid
- CSKA Moscow
- Montepaschi Siena
- Anadolu Efes Istanbul
- Olympiacos Piraeus
- Panathinaikos Athens
- Zalgiris Kaunas
- Unicaja Málaga
- Laboral Kutxa Vitoria

Time to find out if Alex Abrines is the next Harden!

That is pretty sweet. Still won't be buying the new consoles anytime soon. Planning on building a PC in a year or two. Unfortunately 2k is horrible on Pc, or so I've heard.

J2 Cool

Saw Andray Blatche to sign a 1 yr/1.4m with Nets. Am I wrong, or is Amnesty not such a leveler of the playing field? Blatche gets all the control over if he's going to go out and get fair market value, allowing the Wizards to just cover the difference from their original deal, or if he'll make them pay 13 of their 14m, even if it is off the cap. It seems like it would come down to if a player holds a grudge with his old team, as his salary stays the same unless someone offers to eclipse it. I don't know how I feel about that, haven't seen a case like the Nets getting a player at such a bargain.

Hey Faze you think the Wizards are working on a trade for Ariza? Not enough PT for him, Porter, and Webster.

I like your roster for next year, especially in the backcourt.

Wall/Maynor
Beal/Rice/Temple
Porter/Webster/Ariza
Nene/Vesely/Booker
Okafor/Seraphin

Is a pretty balanced team all around. If Nene goes down again hough your front court will be pretty bad. You'll definitely need an upgrade at pf or center when Okafor comes off the books.

I''d like to move him yea, tricky thing though is I don't want any new contracts moving beyond the length of Nene's aside from Wall/Beal at this point so any new contracts would be limited to 3 years tops, the idea being that when Nene comes off the books (or the year prior to that) we have a ton of cash to go for a max contract at PF or C.

I don't really know though. We're in a weird spot financially where there is a lot of flexibility but no great trading or buying options out there.

Saw Andray Blatche to sign a 1 yr/1.4m with Nets. Am I wrong, or is Amnesty not such a leveler of the playing field? Blatche gets all the control over if he's going to go out and get fair market value, allowing the Wizards to just cover the difference from their original deal, or if he'll make them pay 13 of their 14m, even if it is off the cap. It seems like it would come down to if a player holds a grudge with his old team, as his salary stays the same unless someone offers to eclipse it. I don't know how I feel about that, haven't seen a case like the Nets getting a player at such a bargain.

The team that amnesties doesn't have a dog in the fight, so really it's a matter if the other teams in the league got a fair crack at Blatche. If Blatche is flat out turning down other teams who are willing to pay more but he's putting them off because he knows he gets paid the same either way, then I think it's something worth looking at.

Owzers

Is there any reason to believe Dwight is making the rounds for another reason besides wanting LA to beg so that he can stay and feel wanted?

linsivvi

Is there any reason to believe Dwight is making the rounds for another reason besides wanting LA to beg so that he can stay and feel wanted?

You don't think a player should look for the best opportunity out there?

As long as he doesn't have a one hour TV special or take a whole month to decide I don't see the problem there.

The team that amnesties doesn't have a dog in the fight, so really it's a matter if the other teams in the league got a fair crack at Blatche. If Blatche is flat out turning down other teams who are willing to pay more but he's putting them off because he knows he gets paid the same either way, then I think it's something worth looking at.

The Nets will have his early bird rights after another year so it makes financial sense for him to stick around. Some team would have paid him more, just not enough that'd he actually see any of that money thanks to the Wiz, it's not like anyone was going to offer him a large long-term contract.

I''d like to move him yea, tricky thing though is I don't want any new contracts moving beyond the length of Nene's aside from Wall/Beal at this point so any new contracts would be limited to 3 years tops, the idea being that when Nene comes off the books (or the year prior to that) we have a ton of cash to go for a max contract at PF or C.

I don't really know though. We're in a weird spot financially where there is a lot of flexibility but no great trading or buying options out there.

I'm having trouble of thinking of options too, Ariza for Jason Thompson maybe. But he's on the books for 4 years I think.

Edit: 4th year is non-guaranteed. Pretty good trading option if you ask me. Kings need a 3, you guys need depth in the frontcourt.

Talon

Hahaha

Slim Thug pitched Dwight on Houston by saying the child support is cheaper there?

The NBA Offseason: Where Amazing Happens

Blablurn

- Alba Berlin
- FC Barcelona
- Real Madrid
- CSKA Moscow
- Montepaschi Siena
- Anadolu Efes Istanbul
- Olympiacos Piraeus
- Panathinaikos Athens
- Zalgiris Kaunas
- Unicaja Málaga
- Laboral Kutxa Vitoria

No Bayern : (

Everyone except Nash comes off the books after one season so I'm not sure where you are getting 2-3.

What does having cap space matter if the free agents aren't there?

If you want to build Magic 2.0 then yea the Lakers can do that but actually putting getting the second superstar Dwight is going to want is going to be really tough to do.

If you want to build Magic 2.0 then yea the Lakers can do that but actually putting getting the second superstar Dwight is going to want is going to be really tough to do.

You're right. There aren't going to be any big free agents in the summer of 2014. None at all.

linsivvi

You said no way to add good talent. As long as you have cap space there's a way, either through trade or free agency. Doesn't mean it will happen for sure, but to say no way is just factually wrong.

ESPN's Chris Palmer is going on a "Dwight will go back to LA" Twitter rampage. Subtle bashing of Houston included. Claims he has "player sources."

http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=ESPNChrisPalmer

Please not be true....

Smokey

I'm going back to DTV this week comcast fucking sucks for tv

They should have that worked out by the time the season comes around tho with rockets games....

Lakers losing Dwight and missing out on LeBron and Bosh and having to go with 30 years old and sure to decline soon Melo as their new franchise player will be great.

Talon

Who do you like?
Uh, seriously Faze?

act_lebron_james.jpg

hmm...so if Dwight doesn't end up in Golden State, who will the Warriors pick up to replace Landry.

The bench is pretty thin right now and I'm 100% sure they plan on going all in at bringing Jarrett back if Dwight doesn't come.

That still leaves a hole that's been left by Landry's departure and their backup centers leg surgery.

Bogut
David Lee
HB
Klay
Scurry

Jack
Brandon Rush
Green

jbug617

Banned
Surprised not a lot of mentions out there for Millsap. I guess he is probably going back to Utah and Jefferson is the one to leave.

Top Bottom