• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Why is anyone comparing Pau to Bosh?

Bosh is a stretch PF. Totally different players.

Yeah, and Pau is a center who is used as a power forward ever since he's been in Los Angeles.

Their positions kinda intertwine based on how their coaches use them.

Pau is a center who is used as a starting power forward.

Bosh is a pf who is used as a starting center.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
WojYahooNBA: Pacers are finalizing a three-year, approximately $36 million deal with David West, league source tells Y! Third year likely player option.

That's a lot of fucking money.

TuXx

Why does that prevent people from comparing the two players? It's not like we are comparing Shaq to Nash.

And I'd rather have Pau. PAU.

Pau is a low post player who's a better rebounder, scores in the paint and is the 2nd offensive option

Bosh stretches the floor, is a better shooter and is the 3rd option.

These are known facts. It's comparing apples and oranges.

It just really depends on what type of offense you would prefer to run if you would pick one over the other.

WojYahooNBA
The Indiana Pacers are finalizing a three-year agreement with free agent David West, league sources tell Y! Sports.

WojYahooNBA
Pacers are finalizing a three-year, approximately $36 million deal with David West, league source tells Y! Third year likely player option.

That's too much for West...and he'll be 33 when the season starts.

the 2k14 PC version will be a port of the 360 version, not the One/PS4 version.

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, guess I'll have to wait till 2k15 to get some next-gen basketball in. I'd rather have that version anyway to get my new age Hornets fix in. I just hope they don't fuck up the redesign. Should be hard to do considering they've got the original designer working on it, but you never know.

Vahagn

Laker Prime Pau is better than any point in time of Bosh's career. Bosh is a more versatile scorer, or maybe he just has more of a scorers mentality, and that accounts for the differences in PPG in Pau's Memphis and Bosh's Raptor days.

All that being said, Pau was a second option while Bosh is a 3rd. So it's not really a fair comparison in that regard.

TuXx

Yeah, and Pau is a center who is used as a power forward ever since he's been in Los Angeles.

Their positions kinda intertwine based on how their coaches use them.

Pau is a center who is used as a starting power forward.

Bosh is a pf who is used as a starting center.

Exactly, they tried to use Paul as a strech 4, but that's not his game which just shows that Bosh and Pau are different.

You know there's a way to check this right? The numbers don't back you up 2003 to 2010 or career match ups.

Pau more often than not has gotten the best of Bosh. It's funny how you think Bosh would 'eat his lunch' when he'd be happy to keep pace.
24/10 Bosh is 2010 though. Meanwhile Gasol has never averaged over 20 a game in his career.

Talon

Oof, that's a lot of money for West, but they had to keep him.

Him and Horford are both FAs in 2016 with the same contract: $12 million/year.

Brinbe

West getting paaaaaid lol

And Dwight's headed back according to Chris Palmer? Exactly what I thought all along. Just an attention whoring diva

KingGondo

Banned
That's too much for a team on the verge of contending, I doubt they'll be able to get over the top now. Smh Bird, what are you thinking?
They were 1 play away from probably making the Finals.

I'm not saying they couldn't have improved more, but they still might be able to flip Granger for a playmaking PG.

exarkun

This. Its alot, but he performed well during the playoffs, notwithstanding a few defensive mental errors. If it was 3/30mil, I'd say that it was a bit of a steal/the front office did well. But seeing as how they needed his offense and the FA market is small, its not a bad signing.

He hasn't shown serious signs of being on the decline. And if Splitter commands a 8-9 mil payout, this sounds about right for West.

Thank goodness we've gotten to the point where 12 million per year for David West seems a lot.

Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

Man...Luke Walton made 6 million a year.

Bread

Banned

poor horford, wasting his prime in atlanta. hopefully he ends up on a contending team at some point.

WojYahooNBA
The Indiana Pacers are finalizing a three-year agreement with free agent David West, league sources tell Y! Sports.

WojYahooNBA
Pacers are finalizing a three-year, approximately $36 million deal with David West, league source tells Y! Third year likely player option.

Wow. Team option on that shit? Wow.

SamuraiX-

eVcsxnb.png

lol

Vahagn

As of right now, Kobe ain't gonna let anyone get over 20 FGA a game. Kobe is way more of a high volume shooter then he was in 03

There's a reason why Pau, Bynum and Dwight average in the Tweens.

if your Center needs 20 FGA a game to get to 20 points you have a whole mess of other problems.

Tom Penny

Higher than I expected, and a lot of years too considering he'll be 33 this summer.

Gotta give the guy credit though, he could have just chased a ring somewhere but he decided to help and up and coming club.

Screw David West for making watch Brandon Bass.

The Detroit Pistons are expected to pursue Rajon Rondo if the Boston Celtics make him available.

Danny Ainge has said that calls have only been incoming about the availability of Rondo and that he is not looking to trade him.

Rondo is currently recovering from a torn ACL.

Guess they really want to lure Josh Smith. For what I don't know.

They were 1 play away from probably making the Finals.

I'm not saying they couldn't have improved more, but they still might be able to flip Granger for a playmaking PG.

Still, you would think a guy in West's situation would sign at a discount to help his team become true contenders. They might be able to flip Granger for something decent, but they'll need most of his money to pay George. West, Hibbert, and George all making 12 plus will make it Really difficult for them to bring in an impact player in free agency.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Jeanie Buss ‏@JeanieBuss 12m
@DwightHoward Lakers offer 1) best opportunities for your playing & post-playing career 2) have BEST fans 3) I'm here for you #STAYD12

What exactly is Jeanie offering there at the end?

TuXx

@DwightHoward Lakers offer 1) best opportunities for your playing & post-playing career 2) have BEST fans 3) I'm here for you #STAYD12

She's not that same girl from that playboy center fold anymore. She can't be used as a bargaining chip anymore.

I've been a Laker fan for 20 years and I call bullshit to that part. The Lakers have a pretty good fanbase.

I'd say Golden State could argue they have "better" fans.

Hell...they pretty much gave the Warriors a standing ovation and have sold out a shit ton of games even though the team has no history of fielding a winning product.

Top Bottom