• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

I'm having trouble of thinking of options too, Ariza for Jason Thompson maybe. But he's on the books for 4 years I think.

Edit: 4th year is non-guaranteed. Pretty good trading option if you ask me. Kings need a 3, you guys need depth in the frontcourt.

Yeah that's a choice. I'd like Millsap too. I also like Jason Smith and Robin Lopez, thougn I doubt the Pelicans want Ariza back.

Sharp

Hey Faze you think the Wizards are working on a trade for Ariza? Not enough PT for him, Porter, and Webster.

I like your roster for next year, especially in the backcourt.

Wall/Maynor
Beal/Rice
Porter/Webster/Ariza
Nene/Vesely/Booker
Okafor/Seraphin

Is a pretty balanced team all around. If Nene goes down again hough your front court will be pretty bad. You'll definitely need an upgrade at pf or center when Okafor comes off the books.
Wow... that starting five actually looks... like a real team.

Pau was a bad shooter and pick-and-roll defender last year whereas Bosh was very good in both areas, I don't think it's really a discussion on who was better last year. Maybe Pau was just injured the entire year and will recover, but he is 33 so he may just be done as a great player and those signs of life at the end of the year may not be indicative of his future play.

linsivvi

Pau was a bad shooter and pick-and-roll defender last year whereas Bosh was very good in both areas, I don't think it's really a discussion on who was better last year. Maybe Pau was just injured the entire year and will recover, but he is 33 so he may just be done as a great player and those signs of life at the end of the year may not be indicative of his future play.

He was forced to play a role he shouldn't be playing by an idiot. If you've watched any game after he came back where said idiot relented and allowed him to play the role he should've been playing all along, there's no doubt he's still better than Bosh, which is true at any point of his career.

Better rebounder, better inside player, better playmaker.

46% FG/11.9 points/8.9 rebounds/2.1 assists vs 48% FG/14 points/11.5 rebounds/6.5 assists

Both against Spurs.

Only thing about Bosh is his usage. Spo doesn't have a clue. I hope this offseason he realizes how much of a failure his "positionless" offense and bosh at center experiments were.

He was forced to play a role he shouldn't be playing by an idiot. If you've watched any game after he came back where said idiot relented and allowed him to play the role he should've been playing all along, there's no doubt he's still better than Bosh, which is true at any point of his career.

Better rebounder, better inside player, better playmaker.

And before Bosh went to Miami to become more of a role player, he was scoring 24 PPG on absurd efficiency and nearly lead a team starting Bargnani, DeRozan, Jarret Jack, and fat Turkoglu to the playoffs.

Even when Pau got back, he was still the clear third most valuable player on a team so average that it needed 48 minute nights from Kobe to beat teams trying to lose. Pau will probably get more postups this year and I don't think he'll be effective with them by we'll see I guess.

Bosh and Pau are both scheduled to be free agents in the 2014 season.

If I'm the Golden State Warriors I'm looking at chasing one of them to be the starting center.

If I had my choice, I'd take Bosh over Pau. If this was 4 years ago, I'd take Pau all day any day to play the 5.

Bosh
Lee
HB
Thompson
Scurry

...pretty good starting lineup.

In 2014, Bosh will also be asking to be paid twice as much as Pau.

Agreed. Then the question is...

Bogut $$ + Pau$ > Bosh $$$

Even though the Warriors will have the money to go after Bosh, they won't have as much as the Lakers, who if they don't have Howard will also be a west coast team in the hunt for Bosh.

linsivvi

And before Bosh went to Miami to become more of a role player, he was scoring 24 PPG on absurd efficiency and nearly lead a team starting Bargnani, DeRozan, Jarret Jack, and fat Turkoglu to the playoffs.

Even when Pau got back, he was still the clear third most valuable player on a team so average that it needed 48 minute nights from Kobe to beat teams trying to lose. Pau will probably get more postups this year and I don't think he'll be effective with them by we'll see I guess.

Look at their playoffs numbers against the Spurs I edited in. It's obvious who's still better.

And please don't bring up leading a bunch of scrubs to the playoffs in the East. Also, you're not Blackface. :p

Bosh and Pau are both scheduled to be free agents in the 2014 season.

If I'm the Golden State Warriors I'm looking at chasing one of them to be the starting center.

If I had my choice, I'd take Bosh over Pau. If this was 4 years ago, I'd take Pau all day any day to play the 5.

Forever

Banned
Saw Andray Blatche to sign a 1 yr/1.4m with Nets. Am I wrong, or is Amnesty not such a leveler of the playing field? Blatche gets all the control over if he's going to go out and get fair market value, allowing the Wizards to just cover the difference from their original deal, or if he'll make them pay 13 of their 14m, even if it is off the cap. It seems like it would come down to if a player holds a grudge with his old team, as his salary stays the same unless someone offers to eclipse it. I don't know how I feel about that, haven't seen a case like the Nets getting a player at such a bargain.

This article explains it best.

Thanks to a complicated salary formula first uncovered by Nets Daily, Blatche will actually make the Wizards pay more than simply the difference between his current salary and the $7.8 million he would have made with the Wizards if they didn't use the amnesty clause to release him. The less Blatche made on his new contract with the Nets, the more the Wizards would have to pay him.

By signing for only $1.4 million, Blatche is forcing the Wizards to pay more
than they would have if he signed somewhere else for the full mid-level exception, taxpayer mid-level exception or bi-annual exception. Blatche will make less total money than he would have if he signed a bigger contract elsewhere, but the taste of sweet revenge was too much to pass up.

Detailed numbers.

Blatche will be paid a total of $8,876,820 next season, most of it from the Wizards under a complicated formula the league set up for amnestied players. If the Nets or another team had offered him the mini-MLE, his combined salary and amnesty payout would have reached $9,780,519. The options are laid out here. By signing with the Nets, Blatche will have his Early Bird rights next July and be eligible for a new contract up to four years and $25 million.

VoxPop

That is pretty sweet. Still won't be buying the new consoles anytime soon. Planning on building a PC in a year or two. Unfortunately 2k is horrible on Pc, or so I've heard.

Not the case at all. NBA 2K13 (and any other ones) on PC are much superior to its console counterparts. Not sure about the online since I didnt really use it but the heavy modding on PC more than makes up for it.

Hell you can change everything from the dornas to the cavities on each players' teeth. There are graphic mods that blow anything the consoles do out of the water. TNT/NBATV/ESPN style presentation, adding any team to the game, much more realistic cyberfaces and sliders for gameplay. It's honestly not even close. Playing 2K13 on my 360 really feels like a generation behind.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
'NBA Legion ‏@MySportsLegion

The Knicks are interested in every single free agent this summer.'

Any substance to these Gortat to San Antonio rumors? I would fucking love to have Gortat on this team, especially if the price is Tiago + filler + 2014 draft pick.

I'm not sure what's going on with the Bulls this off-season.

It seems like the Bulls are going all-in with this core one last time as Gar Forman has been pointing out that Rose/Deng/Boozer/Noah have won 86% of the games they've played together.

I like the Dunleavy signing because Korver would have been too expensive to bring back as a Free Agent and Bellinellis's 3-ball is honestly not that great.

Bringing back Nazr to back up Jo makes sense IF he can go for 8 minutes/game and Thibs plays Gibson at the 5 for 5-10 minutes. Otherwise, Joakim will die again.

Snell & Murphy were drafted to space the floor on Rose drive & kicks.

IF the team stays healthy, I see them winning 56 games to finish 3rd in the East (Miami, BK) and then losing to Miami in the playoffs...again. At that point, we let Deng walk, amnesty Booze and hopefully re-tool with a Rose/Butler/Mirotic/Noah core.

If some of the principals get injured and the Bulls are struggling again mid-season, I think it much more likely they move Deng before the trade deadline.

Look at their playoffs numbers against the Spurs I edited in. It's obvious who's still better.

And please don't bring up leading a bunch of scrubs to the playoffs in the East. Also, you're not Blackface. :p

Lol those numbers mean nothing. Bosh is the third wheel where as Pau was the lakers best offensive player this offseason.

Any 7 footer with sub 10 rebounds gets laughed at automatically, but that isn't even the biggest flaw considering how shit Pau was at times on D. Pau has a better low post game but then again Bosh isn't a low post player. He trumps Pau on almost every facet of offense outside of assisting and is about twice the defender.

And this is just third wheel Heat Bosh, Raptors 24/10 bosh would eat Gasols lunch.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Why is anyone comparing Pau to Bosh?

Bosh is a stretch PF. Totally different players.

Why does that prevent people from comparing the two players? It's not like we are comparing Shaq to Nash.

And I'd rather have Pau. PAU.

linsivvi

Pau scored the same amount of points as Bosh in this year's game 7 from his yacht.

My man.

Also, Tmac scored the same amount of points as Kobe did in the entire playoffs.

Why does that prevent people from comparing the two players? It's not like we are comparing Shaq to Nash.

And I'd rather have Pau. PAU.

Well obviously you asked for this.

image.php

SoulPlaya

more money than God
He might get that Waco attention soon
What's with all the attention you've been giving me lately? Is this really about me telling you that Boozer is better than Bargs? I don't even really post all that often anymore, and you're trying to single me out? I don't engage in any of the petty fights that usually go on in here, and I try to be respectful of others, and I'm not the only one that likes making Taj jokes. Why are you trying to ruin my fun? Would you like me to discuss Kobe? Whether one of LeBron's rings is invalid?

I was gone for like 3 months, and people were making Boozer comments without me. What's with all the attention now, Ace?

you cant call one of the best offenses in the league a failure.

Bosh needs to be used better although his spacing Is crucial top the heat's success.
I think the overall strategy was a success, make the shooters the focal point of the offense. But there has to be a better balance with our core guys and there touches because our shooters shat the bed alot of the playoffs and our offense reverted back to 2011 levels at times.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
R2IbSBl.png

dis gon b gud

That was true though. AB was messed up for a while and wasn't doing on the floor what he was capable of. That's why he was dumped and was thought a lost cause by many people. I don't think he'll take umbrage with what KG said.

And this is just third wheel Heat Bosh, Raptors 24/10 bosh would eat Gasols lunch.

You know there's a way to check this right? The numbers don't back you up 2003 to 2010 or career match ups.

Pau more often than not has gotten the best of Bosh. It's funny how you think Bosh would 'eat his lunch' when he'd be happy to keep pace.

linsivvi

Dammit. Let's talk about free agency, not get into useless hostile pissing matches with Shadowdork.

Yeah ignore his fake internet tough guy schtick which he is not very good at.

Old? Knicks going after Elton Brand.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/9444271/source-knicks-preparing-make-offer-elton-brand

The New York Knicks are preparing to make an offer to Elton Brand, a league source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com.

The terms of the offer for the veteran power forward are undisclosed at this point.

The Knicks have been after Brand since the start of free agency. Brand, 34, provides scoring and rebounding, which the team needs. Brand is not only a solid rotation player -- he is fine with coming off the bench -- but insurance, as well, considering Amar'e Stoudemire's recent injury history.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WojYahooNBA
The Indiana Pacers are finalizing a three-year agreement with free agent David West, league sources tell Y! Sports.

WojYahooNBA
Pacers are finalizing a three-year, approximately $36 million deal with David West, league source tells Y! Third year likely player option.

Not the case at all. NBA 2K13 (and any other ones) on PC are much superior to its console counterparts. Not sure about the online since I didnt really use it but the heavy modding on PC more than makes up for it.

Hell you can change everything from the dornas to the cavities on each players' teeth. There are graphic mods that blow anything the consoles do out of the water. TNT/NBATV/ESPN style presentation, adding any team to the game, much more realistic cyberfaces and sliders for gameplay. It's honestly not even close. Playing 2K13 on my 360 really feels like a generation behind.

Thanks, add one more reason to the list to go PC.

Top Bottom