• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

I've been a Laker fan for 20 years and I call bullshit to that part. The Lakers have a pretty good fanbase.

I'd say Golden State could argue they have "better" fans.

Hell...they pretty much gave the Warriors a standing ovation and have sold out a shit ton of games even though the team has no history of fielding a winning product.

Laker fans=Niners fans. They don't take it in the face with a smile when some one is ruining their favorite team.

Golden State=Raider Nation. they will kindly let you put it in whatever hole because they are just there because there isn't anything to do and they aren't very smart. So they will follow blindly into the night.

Jeanie Buss ‏@JeanieBuss 12m
@DwightHoward Lakers offer 1) best opportunities for your playing & post-playing career 2) have BEST fans 3) I'm here for you #STAYD12

What exactly is Jeanie offering there at the end?

Fall back, Jeanie. You're 51 years old you're not fertile enough for Dwight.

linsivvi

y so salty?

Here's why:

images

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
http://houston.eater.com/archives/2...ght-howard-free-food-to-sign-with-rockets.php

Houston's restaurants are joining the movement to recruit free agent, All-Star center Dwight Howard to the Houston Rockets by offering him free food. Radio host Sean Pendergast started the #DwightAThon after he learned that the Dallas locations of chicken finger chain Raising Cane's had offered Howard free food to sign with the Mavericks. Thinking that Houston restaurants could top chicken fingers, he put out the call and Houston restaurants responded accordingly.

Pendergast's biggest get is the Kolache Factory. The local chain has offered Howard free kolaches (tentatively up to a dozen per week) for the length of his Rockets contract, and they'll giveaway one free kolache to all customers on July 15 from 6:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m. if he signs outright. Marketing director Andrew Eller tells Eater that "We made the offer because we really do think it will help. Houston has something that no other city can offer, and that's great kolaches on every corner."

Pendergast says he's also successfully recruited Beef N Bun BBQ (free barbecue sandwiches) and sports bar Nick's Place (free calzones). Seeing the call on twitter, burger temple Hubcap Grill responded with an offer of free burgers and fries.

Considering that the Rockets are expected to offer Howard a max deal that will run about $20 million per year, a little free food may not be the deciding factor. Still, it couldn't hurt. If it works, hey, free kolaches!

LOL Love the fake Coach Pop Twitter account

Gregory Popovich ‏@FakeCoachPop 9m I expect this out of the Mavericks, but really Lakers? Begging for the right to pay $100,000,000 to babysit? How the mighty have fallen.

Gregory Popovich ‏@FakeCoachPop 4m 50 years of building a dynasty, only to crap it all away for a kid that whines about not having enough billboards. This is your life Lakers.

linsivvi

Not even trolling here, can anyone present a rational argument for the Knicks franchise being "storied"? That it was chronicled a lot in the Times, maybe?

You don't think Steve Francis, Starbury and Eddy Curry are legends? Bargnani wants a piece of that.

Not even trolling here, can anyone present a rational argument for the Knicks franchise being "storied"? That it was chronicled a lot in the Times, maybe?

I've argued this with Knicks fans before, lulz at calling them a storied franchise and the Garden the mecca of basketball

The Garden is more famous for what opponents have done to the home team rather than the other way around

Willis Reed and MSG.

The Garden is more famous for what opponents have done to the home team rather than the other way around

Kind of odd, that. Jordan, Kobe, LeBron, Reggie. What did they do in MSG. Reggie, in particular, built up a lot of notoriety for his exploits against the Knicks. (Probably because otherwise, the small market Pacers were out of sight, out of mind.)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
This begging for Dwight sweepstakes is annoying

Feeding exactly into what is wrong with this dude

Agree 100%

This is pathetic

I've argued this with Knicks fans before, lulz at calling them a storied franchise and the Garden the mecca of basketball

Regurgitating shit I've already heard before.

Willis Reed and MSG.

Kind of odd, that. Jordan, Kobe, LeBron, Reggie. What did they do in MSG. Reggie, in particular, built up a lot of notoriety for his exploits against the Knicks. (Probably because otherwise, the small market Pacers were out of sight, out of mind.)

Scurry trying to get in on that MSG action.

Storied place to play.

Patrick Ewing made the garden kinda memorable. Otherwise it's about what the other teams have done there.

Top Bottom