• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

You know how to do that as well as anybody

Heat fans.

64830632.s28h57zV.Yawning.gif

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Martell Webster deal will be four years, $22 million, source tells Y!

lol wut

I have a lot of bad things to say

But I'm going to wait to see if there is a team option on the fourth year. The dollars are to a degree somewhat irrelevant so long as that's present.

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account‏@WojYahooNBA
The fourth year of Martell Webster's $22 million deal with Washington has a partial guarantee, league source tells Y!

Ok, a lot of the steam is gone then. We should still be able to replace Nenes expiring with a max contract if need be that summer, which is all I really give a shit about.

Still salty about Grunsfeld not letting the market set the deal, but the cost difference cash wise can be made up in other ways.

ESPN peeps talking about jennings to Lakers. Get ready Moris.

We'll only get confirmation of that if it's announced that Dwight is definitely staying.

What the...Sasha? Seriously?

Since leaving the NBA following the 2011 season, Vujacic has been playing in overseas in the Turkish Basketball League. As Markazi mentioned, Vujacic will likely be back in the Association next season, it just depends on where he’ll end up. With the Lakers clearly in need of some outside shooting help, a Vujacic/Lakers reunion isn’t outside the realm of possibility.

Vesely is going to get cut this summer for sure and we're probably moving Ariza for frontcourt help.

Maybe cut Singleton too.

2011 draft was a fucking disaster.

Bowser

Probably has something to do with throwing $36 mil at David West.

God, with those offers of 4/$48 for Reke and 4/$22 for Martell Webster, I'm hoping the Bobcats are able to keep Hendo at something reasonable...I was hoping for 4/$20 before those offers came out...I think if he wants more than 4/$24 though, it'll be hard for the Cats to keep him.

I have a lot of bad things to say

But I'm going to wait to see if there is a team option on the fourth year. The dollars are to a degree somewhat irrelevant so long as that's present.

From WojYahooNBA

The fourth year of Martell Webster's $22 million deal with Washington has a partial guarantee, league source tells Y!

Sharp

Ok, a lot of the steam is gone then. We should still be able to replace Nenes expiring with a max contract if need be that summer, which is all I really give a shit about.

Still salty about Grunsfeld not letting the market set the deal, but the cost difference cash wise can be made up in other ways.
From his agent's perspective, why even do a four year contract if the Wizards are all but guaranteed to terminate it after three? Or do you think the Wiz won't be able to get anyone worth a max?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dunno why everybody acts like David West is some kind of overpay. Dude was the best player on a team that was 1 game away from taking down the Heat. Yeah hes 32 but hes shown no signs of slowing down.

It's barely higher than what the Pacers were paying him last year and he definitely outplayed that contract.

Already looking like a steal thanks to Martell Webster today and the inevitable crazy contract Tyreke and others get. At least you're paying 12 million for a guy who actually produces. Honestly would rather have 3 years of West than Josh Smith at the max.

From his agent's perspective, why even do a four year contract if the Wizards are all but guaranteed to terminate it after three? Or do you think the Wiz won't be able to get anyone worth a max?

Doubt he cares about the 4th year. Three years is a long time to put up numbers that can earn him another contract after this one and earning a minimum of 15+ Mil after being this close to playing overseas is a huge win for his camp.

Probably has something to do with throwing $36 mil at David West.

God, with those offers of 4/$48 for Reke and 4/$22 for Martell Webster, I'm hoping the Bobcats are able to keep Hendo at something reasonable...I was hoping for 4/$20 before those offers came out...I think if he wants more than 4/$24 though, it'll be hard for the Cats to keep him.

Hendo is worth more than 6/year. I think he'll get 4 years and 30 million most likely.

Top Bottom