• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

thekad

Banned
I'm just saying that if you're Sacramento, Iguodala is the kind of player you'd want. Especially when you consider the kinds of guys they've got on that squad right now. Yeah, he'll be 30 next year, but he's still good. You have to pay him way too much to make him go there, but such is life when you're a terrible team.

I'm just saying this so when the Wolves give Budinger way too much, I feel better about it.

What's the point of paying a 30 year old max money when you've got Boogie and Marcus Thornton as your other two main guys.

Bowser

Yes, as long as they don't overpay to retain their own free agents.

Hendo and McBobs, we're looking at you.

If we can get Hendo and McBob for something like $6m per and $4m per respectively, let's just call it a wrap on FA. If Jefferson is willing to take a short-term deal, I don't mind throwing some money at him either ($10-$12m per, but for only 2 years, maybe 3 but only with a team option).

axcg5BT.png

LOOOOOOOFUCKINGL

Bring back the lockout, please.

Are you serious right now?

Nori Chan

GTA V and Drake's album come out on the same day? Ninjas gonna be crashing their cars with tears blurring their vision.

ill probably be one of them

Jeff-DSA

Honest question: Why do the Lakers care so much if Dwight leaves? Their current cap issues mean that they can't make many big moves to get good enough to contend. Sure, they'll make the playoffs, but they're not coming out of the West. It just means that they have another lame draft and continued cap issues. They should start rebuilding now. Let him go, let Kobe age out with Smush-level teammates, and then reload with the next superstar right after.

We all know that the Lakers will have big talent. They always do. I just don't understand why they want a notoriously difficult to work with diva around to pair him with old and broken players that are getting paid way too much.

linsivvi

Honest question: Why do the Lakers care so much if Dwight leaves? Their current cap issues mean that they can't make many big moves to get good enough to contend. Sure, they'll make the playoffs, but they're not coming out of the West. It just means that they have another lame draft and continued cap issues. They should start rebuilding now. Let him go, let Kobe age out with Smush-level teammates, and then reload with the next superstar right after.

We all know that the Lakers will have big talent. They always do. I just don't understand why they want a notoriously difficult to work with diva around to pair him with old and broken players that are getting paid way too much.

My guess is that Jim Buss is eager to prove himself and shut up everyone. Which means he'll jeopardize the future.

Yo Jeff.

How was E3?

I had major deadlines up here and couldn't make it down.

Hope you had a great time.

exarkun

Splitter's contract is what everyone expected. The 4 year deal is basically just at his value. Commentators and nba gms have been saying since the all-star break he's a 8-9 mil dollar a year player. If people watched the Spurs all year long, they would have seen the defense, hustle, and the VASTLY improved offense. Splitter has improved the way people would think "better" centers would after they worked with Hakeem for a month.

Clearly working with Duncan in the offseason is making him better, so wait a year and see. I think he'll surprise alot of people. And like it was mentioned before, against any the bigs guys in the west (and probably any other team in the east), he was money. The more I think about it, the deal is pretty fair.

thekad

Banned
BTW, LMA has requested a trade:

http://www.blazersedge.com/2013/7/1...rcus-aldridge-told-a-reporter-that-he-went-to

Whether or not LaMarcus Aldridge has "requested" or "asked for" or "demanded" a trade is semantics. Fact is, the Trail Blazers' all-star forward confided to at least one reporter that during the team's end-of-season exit interviews, he told general manager Neil Olshey that he'd like to be moved.

Aldridge should have kept that private. Whether or not he should have asked for a trade is debatable. I can understand his frustration with the team's continuing building process, but it serves no purpose to have that nugget of information out there for public consumption.

I'll say this: Aldridge has handled himself like a pro during his seven years with the Trail Blazers.

Asik, Jones, Canaan/Beverley, a couple first round picks and those 2nds we got for LMA. Do it Morey.

shira

They can't just smuggle draft another Kobe, scouting is too good these days even if a kid skips the workouts.
No more Vlade Divac's to trade for Andrew Wiggins.

AirBrian

oh, it was actually more like 3 hours according to that Ramona chick. Still a long time for only 4 people in the meeting. I think they said the Rockets meeting was around 3 hours, but they had every former Rocket All Star in their meeting.

Carlisle drawing up plays for him.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

It will shorten the rebuild time to about 2 seasons whereas you have no guarantee's if he leaves how long it could take. It would depend on a lot of factors. Also yeah he shit the bed but lol at the coach/team they put around him besides of course Kobe....who then got injured. All this and racist ass sterling's team will be eating off the casual bandwagon fans too... Its a shitty situation for the Lakers right now.

Top Bottom