• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

He should really go to the Pacers. If he proves he can be a solid back-up Center for a year, he could turn that into a big payday next offseason.

Hibbert couldn't stay on the Heat two seasons ago and did pretty good last year.

The problem with that is Mahinmi's still signed for 3 more years at 4 million per. The Pacers brass would be foolish to let that much money sit on the bench. We also need a back-up PF now that they rescinded Hansbrough's QO.

SamuraiX-

L41cuID.png

Ok, I lol'd

God I hope someone saves us from signing Al Jefferson, I don't want his ass in Charlotte. I can't stand bigs who don't play defense. They're worthless.

Edit: I'd much rather we bring Okafor back next offseason to finish his career in Charlotte while we fight to become a contender. At least he plays defense.

Bowser

God I hope someone saves us from signing Al Jefferson, I don't want his ass in Charlotte. I can't stand bigs who don't play defense. They're worthless.

Meh, I wouldn't mind it. We have no post scoring besides Zeller, and while I have high hopes for him, he's still an unproven commodity. Biyomobo and MKG can help cover for Jefferson's defensive shortcomings. As long as it's not a long-term, cap crippling deal (as I said before, $10-$12m per for 2 years, or 3 if the third is a team option) would be just fine with me.

Cornbread78

so, if Ainge is a mage, could he conjur deals for LMA and Smith?

Rondo
Bradley
Smith
Sullinger
LMA

Lee, Oly,, Melo and Brooks off the bench... should be a very competitive team...

Meh, I wouldn't mind it. We have no post scoring besides Zeller, and while I have high hopes for him, he's still an unproven commodity. Biyomobo and MKG can help cover for Jefferson's defensive shortcomings. As long as it's not a long-term, cap crippling deal (as I said before, $10-$12m per for 2 years, or 3 if the third is a team option) would be just fine with me.

There's no way he signs for less than 4 years, wherever he ends up, I don't see it happening. He'll likely get what West got at the least.

Not when your team can't score for shit.

If this were next year yes, you'd be right. But it's beyond stupid for us to cut our rebuild short to sign someone like Al Jefferson. Chris Paul or Dwight? hell yeah, who gives a shit about the draft then, but not when it's someone on his level.

So the Spurs didn't learn from signing Richard Jefferson to that hilarious contract :lol.

Well, RJ couldnt shoot. So he had no role.

Tiago plays solid back-up minutes and rolls well to the front of the rim. Does his job.

7-10 million for someone who will be in your 8-man rotation all season isnt that big of a deal.

giri

So the Spurs didn't learn from signing Richard Jefferson to that hilarious contract :lol.

9M per for 5 years for Splitter is about right.

I think people forget how good he was for them this year.

This isn't anything like the stupidity that was paying bargs or McGee or DeAndre. Very Very far from it. And well under what those guys got.

Nelo Ice

Banned
9M per for 5 years for Splitter is about right.

I think people forget how good he was for them this year.

This isn't anything like the stupidity that was paying bargs or McGee or DeAndre. Very Very far from it. And well under what those guys got.

Well, RJ couldnt shoot. So he had no role.

Tiago plays solid back-up minutes and rolls well to the front of the rim. Does his job.

7-10 million for someone who will be in your 8-man rotation all season isnt that big of a deal.

Well when it's put that way it's not as bad. Still seems overpaid like most guys but with how most teams overpay bigs like Splitter it's probably a discount.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler will go to the Suns, Jared Dudley and JJ Redick to the Clippers and 2 2nd-round picks to Bucks, sources tell Y

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WojYahooNBA
Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler will go to the Suns, Jared Dudley and JJ Redick to the Clippers and 2 2nd-round picks to Bucks, sources tell Y

wtf?

guess we are stuck with afflalo :(

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Damn, the Kendall Marshall era in Phoenix is over already :(

Who?

I actually like what the Bucks did here.

The Tobias for Redick deal was a really terrible mistake when they made it. But they didn't cave to sunk cost fallacy and overpay Redick a ridiculous amount of money which is what the Clippers just did and actually got some (little) value out of their mistake.

SamuraiX-

The Clippers have Dudley on an amazing contract right now too while signing Redick to an actual reasonable contract...

Clippers win free agency? What just happened?

Top Bottom