• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

J2 Cool

Worst signing yet, Splitter for 36m/4yrs. Why are the Spurs tying themselves up to this guy when there's options out there? He was TERRIBLE in the Finals, and not even like a "tough experience" terrible, but like a "I've given up, don't want to see this guy in a playoff series again" sort of terrible. I actually thought the Spurs had a real chance to improve this summer until this. Someone like Al Jefferson would be perfect for them, and they're not even going to make a run at him. Serious Richard Jefferson flashbacks here.

linsivvi

So the more I've been thinking about it, is there any good GM's left in the league?

I mean take away the Heat and the Lebron factor and it seems like every teams GM's are or have overpayed for middling talent. Honestly, even teams like the Spurs have some questionable contracts but I do admit their hits far outweigh their misses.

So I guess outside the Heat, Spurs, and this years Clippers, are their any good front offices left?

Mitch is a good GM. The only problem is he has to work with an idiot.

So the more I've been thinking about it, is there any good GM's left in the league?

I mean take away the Heat and the Lebron factor and it seems like every teams GM's are or have overpayed for middling talent. Honestly, even teams like the Spurs have some questionable contracts but I do admit their hits far outweigh their misses.

So I guess outside the Heat, Spurs, and this years Clippers, are their any good front offices left?

20130509_jla_aq2_023.0_standard_352.0.jpg

This man traded Andrea Bargnani and his trade kicker to a division rival for a 1st rounder.

He deserves a 50' statue.

Baby Milo

Worst signing yet, Splitter for 36m/4yrs. Why are the Spurs tying themselves up to this guy when there's options out there? He was TERRIBLE in the Finals, and not even like a "he'll improve" terrible, but like a "I don't want to see this guy in a playoff series again" sort of way. I actually thought the Spurs had a real chance to improve this summer until this. Someone like Al Jefferson would be perfect for them, and they're not even going to make a run at him. Serious Richard Jefferson flashbacks here.

it doesn't matter lebron has mindfucked that franchise

The Detroit Pistons have called the Toronto Raptors about the availability of Rudy Gay, according to a source.

Gay was acquired by the Raptors in January from the Memphis Grizzlies in a three-team trade that coincidentally included the Pistons.

Gay has two seasons remaining on his contract at over $37 million.

Holy shit the Raptors might actually be able to take a good step towards reversing the terrible fucking moves they've made of late.

Holy shit the Raptors might actually be able to take a good step towards reversing the terrible fucking moves they've made of late.

Gay's not perfect, but he's so obviously the best player the Raps have had since Bosh. I'm in no hurry to trade him unless something good is coming back - or picks & cap space for a serious tank.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Rob Hennigan.

The real architect of OKC who is now saving Orlando.

Jonm1010

Banned
Ginobili was hurt and was even contemplating retirement before the playoffs started. Can't put the blame on a player at the tail end of his career who's helped his team won multiple chips.

I just did. Pop deserves a lot of blame though for those lineups and not reigning him in when he was clearly shitting it up.

Doesnt mean he doesnt still get credit in the teams other chips.

Oh he's that bad? Never seen him play before.

Marshall has good floor vision and is a great passer. However, teams will dare him to shoot and he lacks quickness. So he's good for your offense as long as your team has enough scorers for him to get the ball to. He can get beaten on defense.

That's my scouting report from watching him play against Duke while he was at Carolina. Checking his stats from his year in the league... ok, yeah, he needs to step his game up. 37% FG, 32% from 3, 3 assists per game (not bad, given number of minutes), 7.85 PER (hey, it's better than Austin Rivers).

Eleuin

what about derozan,tank so hard.
Perfect, Derozan will take all our shots and we'll be top 5 in the draft.
Trade him too pls

Also you shook by the Bargs

EDIT: I think Lowry still has a lot of value and while Amir is paid alot, he plays his heart out and that has to count for something, right???

Kronotech

Marshall has good floor vision and is a great passer. However, teams will dare him to shoot and he lacks quickness. So he's good for your offense as long as your team has enough scorers for him to get the ball to. He can get beaten on defense.

That's my scouting report from watching him play against Duke while he was at Carolina. Checking his stats from his year in the league... ok, yeah, he needs to step his game up. 37% FG, 32% from 3, 3 assists per game (not bad, given number of minutes), 7.85 PER (hey, it's better than Austin Rivers).

Yeah that's about how bad he was with the Suns. He made some really great passes but he can't shoot and his defense is poor. He does have room to grow though. I think he'll be pretty decent soon enough.

giri

Wait suns got Bledsoe and Buttler?

Good!

Bledsoe can be packaged with Gortat for a much better haul of picks and it means less playing time for Beasley. And Butlers and expiring this year that could be packaged off again!

Really, not unhappy about that trade at all. Dudley is brilliant, but he needed to be moved. For his sake.

So many options for that Bledsoe Gortat package. So many!

Also, Marshall is a career backup PG already. And an average one at that.

KingGondo

Banned

Good!

Bledsoe can be packaged with Gortat for a much better haul of picks and it means less playing time for Beasley. And Butlers and expiring this year that could be packaged off again!

Really, not unhappy about that trade at all. Dudley is brilliant, but he needed to be moved. For his sake.

Also, Marshall is a career backup PG already. And an average one at that.
If be pretty surprised if they move Bledsoe, but that's just me.

Also, Amick is reporting that the Wolves have offered Kevin Martin a deal in the 4/30 range.

Good!

I wish I shared your optimism. We both know it's far more likely we move Dragic to the 2 and start Bledsoe. If we actually use him as trade bait...Bled/Gortat combo could fetch us a nice return and I'd be ecstatic. Prove your worth, McDonough!

Cp3 to probably take MVP next season unless something goes horribly wrong. If that team won 55 games last year then you'd have to think adding Doc and better wings can net them 5 wins.

Last year's draft
Harrison Barnes
Festus Ezeli
Draymond Green

Free Agency
Jarrett Jack
Carl Landry

He got value with every move.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Dang that Bucks/ Clippers/ Suns deal is nice.

Bucks got two picks right? For letting an unrestricted free agent leave? That's solid.

And CP3 just got to solid shooters to surround himself with.

Last year's draft
Harrison Barnes
Festus Ezeli
Draymond Green

Free Agency
Jarrett Jack
Carl Landry

He got value with every move.

Thanks. I was too busy to post dis guy. We won't learn his true quality until the 2014 season though when they have to decide on bringing back Bogut and using the Biedris/Jefferson/Rush money wisely.

Pimpwerx

Can someone out west take PsychoT now that the Pacers don't want him? I'd prefer if that spazz was the other coast's problem.

Also, outside of the Nets and the lulz, there haven't been any landscape changers yet. PEACE.

Cp3 to probably take MVP next season unless something goes horribly wrong. If that team won 55 games last year then you'd have to think adding Doc and better wings can net them 5 wins.

The Dudley and Redick additions will probably just make up for the regression that Barnes and Crawful will probably have next year. About even with last year's team which is still good. They're a bad defensive team (especially if they lose Odom) so they probably won't get any further past 55 wins

Martin
Budinger
Love
Pekovic

Bottom of the barrel defense. Love going to LA/DAL in 2015.

But at least they've got Shabazz off the bench.

He could really learn from Love and fulfill his potential as worst transition defender in the NBA.

lol, the Wolves actually gave Martin four years.

Is he ever going to try again? He seems only to play to collect checks and this is probably his last contract now.

giri

If be pretty surprised if they move Bledsoe, but that's just me.

Also, Amick is reporting that the Wolves have offered Kevin Martin a deal in the 4/30 range.

I wouldn't be surprised at all. That would mean they have 4 PG's on the roster, which they don't need and ...

I wish I shared your optimism. We both know it's far more likely we move Dragic to the 2 and start Bledsoe. If we actually use him as trade bait...Bled/Gortat combo could fetch us a nice return and I'd be ecstatic. Prove your worth, McDonough!

I doubt dragic plays more than half his minutes at the 2. They drafted goodwin for a reason.

Actually, the real loser in this trade is the Grizz. They've all of a sudden lost 2 potential shooters that they really could have used.

:(

Top Bottom