• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

SamuraiX-

lol, the Wolves actually gave Martin four years.

Is he ever going to try again? He seems only to play to collect checks and this is probably his last contract now.

30 year old guard who's made of glass is gonna get paid $7M every year for the next four years.

All he's gotta do is chill, hope his health holds up until he's 33 and then give it his all during contract year to steal a few more millions from some other NBA team while shattering his body in the process.

Then retire and give no fucks.

Pimpwerx

LBJ won't get it again not because he won't deserve it but because that's just how the NBA rolls

That's what people said last year, but the fact remains that there is a wide gulf between him and the next best guy, and it's impossible to ignore. I mean, Rose winning was a travesty, because even if you manage to top Lebron in one category, he's gonna destroy you in every other. So until he takes a statistical step backwards, that trophy is his to claim.

He coasted for a good chunk of this season, but once he turned it on, that MVP vote was virtually unanimous. I don't think voter fatigue can cause him to lose enough votes. PEACE.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Our starting wings will be Budinger and Martin. Kevin Love is our franchise player. We will be getting roughly zero stops next year.

thekad

Banned
That's actually a pretty good contract for Martin. The fit is...not the greatest, but the numbers are good, especially slotting back into Adelman's system.

@WojYahooNBA
Dwight Howard is leaving California for a few days to mull his free agency choice, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Should be done before the weekend.

Rodeo Clown

Pekovic/Love/Budinger/Martin/Rubio is good. Move Barea or Ridnour and Williams to balance the roster, bring whichever point we keep and Cunningham off the bench. I'm ok with this.

KingGondo

Banned
So with Martin leaving, what does Presti have to show for Harden? Lamb, Perry Jones & Steven Adams?
As IWMTB said, Lamb and Adams. We also have a protected first from Dallas in next year's draft from that deal.

Lamb and Adams had better pan out. That's all I'm gonna say (and I'm ambivalent about losing Martin).

giri

Any chance the Clips get Cousins before the trade deadline this season?

None, and why would they?

:(

Pekovic/Love/Budinger/Martin/Rubio is good. Move Barea or Ridnour and Williams to balance the roster, bring whichever point we keep and Cunningham off the bench. I'm ok with this.

Martin is the obvious weak link, but if Barea / Ridnour / Williams can be moved to fill out the roster and you can get a defensive first SG like C.Lee or something so you can have Martin coming off the bench and not starting, it will really be an ok roster.

But truth be told, the roster needed another shooter so Pek has spacing in the Post and Love / Rubio PnR is free to do its thing.

Wolves number of wins still depends more on them remaining healthy than anything though.

thekad

Banned
Martin is the obvious weak link, but if Barea / Ridnour / Williams can be moved to fill out the roster and you can get a defensive first SG like C.Lee or something so you can have Martin coming off the bench and not starting, it will really be an ok roster.

Pretty sure both Budinger and Martin were promised starting positions.

KingGondo

Banned
So, how are the thunder looking for next year? I don't see them being better.
We should be fine. I'd feel a lot better if we upgraded the center spot though.

About the only attainable guy left out there is Gortat, and I don't know if we have what it would take to get him.

Rodeo Clown

But truth be told, the roster needed another shooter so Pek has spacing in the Post and Love / Rubio PnR is free to do its thing.

Wolves number of wins still depends more on them remaining healthy than anything though.

Martin will definitely start. They obviously need a 2/3 that can play something resembling defense, but I just don't think the guys we're offering up have that much value.

The Wolves are also nearing luxury tax territory, which Taylor has only paid a couple times, so that limits the kind of guys we're looking to get back.

None, and why would they?

:(

Speaking of Barea, I think he wants to play for Kidd based on an interview.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Totally worth it to save a few million dollars!

And give a key piece to a team that now will likely going to be your greatest competitor in the next five years in the west..... to put it in perspective the rockets were trading for lin and asik last year.... now they're in the hunt for dwight and j smoove.

Presti goofed

giri

Martin will definitely start. They obviously need a 2/3 that can play something resembling defense, but I just don't think the guys we're offering up have that much value.

The Wolves are also nearing luxury tax territory, which Taylor has only paid a couple times, so that limits the kind of guys we're looking to get back.

I don't know how much the Celtics value C.Lee though. They seem to be waiting for some megaton offer for him, but i just don't see it coming.

This may sound bizzare but... i wonder if the wolves could get Shumpert for Ridnour.

I think I hate Dwight more than anyone in the league. Bulls not trading for him last year is the only time I've come to appreciate our conservative ass FO.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
No rumors on where Jennings and Ellis end up?

Only thing I have read was on Realgm stating that Jennings let them know the dollar figure he wants and that the Bucks intend to retain him.
Haven't seen anything about the Bucks wanting to keep Ellis though. Holding out some hope that he goes elsewhere.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I think I hate Dwight more than anyone in the league. Bulls not trading for him last year is the only time I've come to appreciate our conservative ass FO.
This year, I really don't see how anyone can hate Dwight. He's a highly sought after FA that is being courted. Compared to previous years, he's been very quiet.

giri

Why in the hell would the Knicks ever agree to tha-

Oh wait, they just traded for Andrea Bargnani. Never mind.

They literally have no other ball handler out side felton at the moment. Apart from Felton it's Priggioni, JR Smith and Melo as the primary ball handlers. If Felton gets hurt, or any of the others, it leaves them very exposed. Ridnours also a good shooter, and would allow them to play a Felton / Ridnour back court like they tried to with Felton / Kidd with two ball handlers.

I mean, it leaves them a little short at SF .. but shumps not really a SF in the first place and... they have so many needs. And Shump is going to want to get paid soon. Next year is his last guaranteed year, then a Team Option the year after.

It oddly sort of works. I doubt it happens though.

Pkaz01

Dudley was one of my favorites but i like this deal we got a young player with a lot of potential for a player we werent going to get much value for when we traded him to a contender. I would have liked a pick but in an off season where ppl are paying shitty players all that money and trading for bargs. Ill take this i am liking the moves by mcd.

Even if we are stocking up on pgs they are tradeable and we need all the talent or potential we can get marshall was a bust and who knows mayb dragic and gortat might get moved

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Not humble and gritty enough bro
"I'll take the heart and soul of "Plantar Foot" Noah over the consistency and "basketball talent" of Dwight Howard. Yeah, Dwight may play better defense, offense, and he may be stronger, bigger, and he may not be guaranteed to be injured come playoff time, but does he have the heart? Absolutely not. Dwight may lead you to the Finals, but will he give it his all losing four straight in the second round? Exactly!"

Top Bottom