• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

thekad

Banned
Frank Isola @FisolaNYDN

J.R. would re-sign with the Knicks if the money is comparable. Also being courted by Pistons, Mavs, Bucks, Rockets and Bobcats.
7:48 PM - 2 Jul 2013

Morey probably spat out his diet soda when he read this tweet.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Morey probably spat out his diet soda when he read this tweet.

lol

That might be the most absurd rumor Ive seen yet linked to the Rockets.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
They literally have no other ball handler out side felton at the moment. Apart from Felton it's Priggioni, JR Smith and Melo as the primary ball handlers. If Felton gets hurt, or any of the others, it leaves them very exposed. Ridnours also a good shooter, and would allow them to play a Felton / Ridnour back court like they tried to with Felton / Kidd with two ball handlers.

I mean, it leaves them a little short at SF .. but shumps not really a SF in the first place and... they have so many needs. And Shump is going to want to get paid soon. Next year is his last guaranteed year, then a Team Option the year after.

It oddly sort of works. I doubt it happens though.

Lol yeah its not going to happen.

giri

"I'll take the heart and soul of "Plantar Foot" Noah over the consistency and "basketball talent" of Dwight Howard. Yeah, Dwight may play better defense, offense, and he may be stronger, bigger, and he may not be guaranteed to be injured come playoff time, but does he have the heart? Absolutely not. Dwight may lead you to the Finals, but will he give it his all losing four straight in the second round? Exactly!"

Not sure Dwight plays defense that much better than Dwight that you could really seperate the two, and Noah shoots FT's much better.

Only real difference is their offensive numbers.

Stein said:
Going online now: Sources say Kings have made Andre Iguodala their free-agent priority, pushing Tyreke Evans closer & closer to New Orleans

Iggy, don't do it.

I mean, can a team that has Iggy as its best player and Isaiah Thomas as its second best player make the playoffs? It seems like a major stretch.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Not sure Dwight plays defense that much better than Dwight that you could really seperate the two, and Noah shoots FT's much better.

Only real difference is their offensive numbers.
Yeah, but does Dwight get plantar fascitis every year and try his hardest in inconsistent production while battling plantar fascitis in the second round? Exactly!

Pimpwerx

ESPN's shutting down its forums in 2 weeks. I can't say they will be missed. After that, comments no articles and stuff will be done via FB account. Probably to cut down on trolls, but I've seen plenty of FB trolls in comment sections before. PEACE.

rando14

ESPN's shutting down its forums in 2 weeks. I can't say they will be missed. After that, comments no articles and stuff will be done via FB account. Probably to cut down on trolls, but I've seen plenty of FB trolls in comment sections before. PEACE.

lol ESPN has a forum?

is it possible that there is a worse cesspool out there than realgm?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
How many players are as important to their team's success as Paul and are as injury prone?

IEKTXQA.jpg

Clippers finish next season as the #1 seed in the west barring major injury.
CP3 will almost assuredly miss at least 10 games. First seed is probably up between Clips, OKC,Spurs and maybe Houston if they get Dwight. I think Golden State might be a top 5 seed in the West next season. Grizzlies haven't improved at all and it looks like they aren't acquiring any shooters yet. Denver won't be as good.

If Dwight goes to Houston I can see them overtaking OKC in the standings.

West will remain exciting.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm shocked at how more people aren't more gun shy with their Nets and Clippers predictions because of this.

Nets especially, though I guess they are in the East.

East should be good this year. Maybe.

Revamped Nets (again), the Pacers actually getting a bench now that Larry is back in charge, the Wizards should be good (really!) and the return of Derrick Rose's muscle memory.

Difference between the Clips and OKC was 4 wins last season. Doc upgrade and this trade upgrade is worth more than 4 wins. Clippers potentially win 63-65 games next season.

You sure have a lot of faith in 33 year old Jamal Crawford and Matt Barnes repeating their level of play from last season for next season.

Top Bottom