• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Grow up.

Also, what terrible deal did the Lakers do? It didn't work but what terrible things did it cause except some embarrassments? Even after all the deals the Lakers still have only Nash signed beyond next season and they preserved the 2014 pick.

Meanwhile, the Knicks are perpetually stuck with overpaid players with nothing to show for it. Absolutely nothing. The Knicks record as it is only made the 6th seed in the West last season. Adjusted for conference discrepancy they would be lucky to be in the playoffs.

So the next time you laugh at the Lakers, take a look at the mirror first.

This jab was from five pages back...

but...

wait ... so your saying the Lakers are in better position than the knicks right now because you reset a year before the knicks do.... in a year where all the best FA's are already being paid max on teams that will be better than that years Lakers... and the only reason you would even have a chance at a star rookie in the draft is because the mavs didn't hit you for a less protected pick.... and then boom no 2015, 2017, and 2019 pick for you guys.... unless your a lottery team the whole time.... whatever man

Anyhow bruh look as a member of knicks age I remember... this whole board loves to throw Dolan's mistakes in the knicks fans faces.... but you guys are being styled on by the clippers right now... let that sink in... the god damn clippers....

linsivvi

This jab was from five pages back...

but...

wait ... so your saying the Lakers are in better position than the knicks right now because you reset a year before the knicks do.... in a year where all the best FA's are already being paid max on teams that will be better than that years Lakers... and the only reason you would even have a chance at a star rookie in the draft is because the mavs didn't hit you for a less protected pick.... and then boom no 2015, 2017, and 2019 pick for you guys.... unless your a lottery team the whole time.... whatever man

Anyhow bruh look as a member of knicks age I remember... this whole board loves to throw Dolan's mistakes in the knicks fans faces.... but you guys are being styled on by the clippers right now... let that sink in... the god damn clippers....

It's less than 100 posts back.

The Lakers were going to rebuild in 2014 regardless and they've planned it years ahead. They are rebuilding after winning multiple championships with this core. Last season was an unexpected experiment that ended in failure, but it changed nothing.

So the Knicks are rebuilding in 2015? Rebuilding from what? $100M rosters that never got you anywhere? And so what if the Clippers are doing better? Good for them. Unlike Knicks fans we don't have an inferiority complex like how you behaved when the Nets are making moves while the Knicks get Il Mago.

So yes, the Lakers is one of the last teams Knicks fans should laugh at. Even the Raptors are doing better than you. Think about it. Have you no shame?

Zeus Molecules

It's less than 100 posts back.

The Lakers were going to rebuild in 2014 regardless and they've planned it years ahead. They are rebuilding after winning multiple championships with this core. Last season was an unexpected experiment that ended in failure, but it changed nothing.

So the Knicks are rebuilding in 2015? Rebuilding from what? $100M rosters that never get you anywhere? And so what if the Clippers are doing better? Good for them. Unlike Knicks fans we don't have an inferiority complex like how you behaved when the Nets are making moves while the Knicks get Il Mago.

So yes, the Lakers is one of the last teams Knicks fans should laugh at. Even the Raptors are doing better than you. Think about it. Have you no shame?

you counted the # post? ehh to the rest of your points. The Lakers suck and their future is bleak. Basketball reasons alone should be enough to hate the clippers. no point in continuing this exchange when it looks like you want to get a reaction with that "have you no shame?" line.

ahh fuck it

Last year Lakers age were talking dynasty now their looking flabby and sick like Larry Holmes.....

linsivvi

you counted the # post? ehh to the rest of your points. The Lakers suck and their future is bleak. Basketball reasons alone should be enough to hate the clippers. no point in continuing this exchange when it looks like you want to get a reaction with that "have you no shame?" line.

ahh fuck it

Last year Lakers age were talking dynasty now their looking flabby and sick like Larry Holmes.....

You need to count when there's a post number and your post were right there on top of last page?

Lakers age reaction to Clippers trade:

Clips got a great deal on Jared and JJ. Doc doin work.

Knicks age (your own) reaction to Nets trade:

Lol yeah they do bruh.... GAF just getting caught in media hype. That team is primed for disaster and everyone knows it

I rest my case.

SamuraiX-

Most probably. Just feel like no free agent would even consider signing with Sac this off season after what they did to Iggy.

I love it but yeah, it also worries me about future free agents now.

I don't think I can remember a team putting a contract offer on the table and then negating it within hours.

@Samurai,

Didn't realize you wanted no part of Reke. I still think he can improve if given the proper coaching. If he stays with the Kings, I'll at least give him half the season to see how he performs under Malone.

Zeus Molecules

You need to count when there's a post number and your post were right there on top of last page?

Lakers age reaction to Clippers trade:

Knicks age (your own) reaction to Nets trade:

I rest my case.

yeah but who really cares to count, is what I'm hinting at?

1st moris is a lot more level headed than me. You could compare any of his quotes to mine and they will 9 times out of 10 be less vitriol in them.

2nd To be fair I felt KG and Pierce were overrated since the clippers were going to trade for them. I was the only one hear saying clips were being robbed in that celtic trade.

3rd Why are you so mad about a throwaway jab like that, anyway?

SamuraiX-

Yeah, me too. It really puts Pete and Vivek in a bad light.

I wouldn't say that at all. They wanted a full commitment from Iggy. They were the first (and maybe the only?) team to offer him the stupid amount of money he's been looking for and all they get is a "I'll think about it"?

Fuck that. They're getting this new era started off on the right foot. The last thing we need on this team is a wannabe superstar deva.

Fuckit, players have done it.

That's the part I love. It shows that our new GM and owner actually have some balls.

@Samurai,

Didn't realize you wanted no part of Reke. I still think he can improve if given the proper coaching. If he stays with the Kings, I'll at least give him half the season to see how he performs under Malone.

After four years of watching Reke, I'm convinced that he's nothing but wasted potential. And no amount of excellent coaching and attempt at development is gonna solve that. The guy just doesn't look like he cares about basketball half the time. His inconsistency just shows that he only brings it when he feels like it.

I don't think I'd be as furious if we matched Tyreke compared to if we signed Iggy, since at least Reke is still young, but I just feel like it's gonna be another 4 years of the same damn shit.

We'll see what happens over the next week. I'm perfectly content with trying to rebuild around McLemore and maybe DMC if Malone can fix the crazy.

Marcus Camby seemed upset about being traded for bargs. Accept this parting gift:

UUZ26Tc.jpg

Man fuck camby. Id understand if he was great last season but played like 5 games. Out of his control or not but guy cant stay healthy and contribute and hes got no reason to be pissed getting paid millons to watch knick games.

giri

Man fuck camby. Id understand if he was great last season but played like 5 games. Out of his control or not but guy cant stay healthy and contribute and hes got no reason to be pissed getting paid millons to watch knick games.

I'd be pissed if i had to watch the knicks too.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I figured the Hawks would be tanking, with Horford on the team though they won't have the ammo to make it to the promised land.
It's sad how many teams who have the potential to be great at tanking, have a player or two who takes them out of the picture for the contention of being the winner of race to the bottom.

It's sad how many teams who have the potential to be great at tanking, have a player or two who takes them out of the picture for the contention of being the winner of race to the bottom.

They wouldn't get fair value out of him if they trade him this offseason either. They'd be better off trading him next year when the field is less crowded.

"That means that Howard, who has traveled from Orlando to LA and now to a free-agent courtship with four other teams, is 12 months away from being the centerpiece of an unprecedented constellation of star power. If you thought the Lakers' courtship of Howard was something -- with the banners and the hashtags and whatnot -- wait until they knock on LeBron James' door on July 1, 2014.

"Dwight, LeBron and Carmelo Anthony on the Lakers, with Bryant saying this week he has three good years left in him? It would make the Heat's Big Three look like a bad pickup game at the Y."

hope runs deep

Howard strikes me as impatient though. He probably can't even fathom going through another nightmare season.

People seem to forget that Reke had 20 5 5 in his rookie year. The dude can play when given a chance and not made to play with one foot. Plus Sac town had the worst mental team in the league. As a Sonics fan I would have loved to have him.

I love Forever's posts. eminds me of the last 3 offseason NBA threads where Nets newbies win the offseason, talk mad shit then leave Sho_nuff holding the bag..

PBY

Banned
Still fanfic. Wishful thinking from some crazy fan who didn't know better.

Lebron's not leaving the Heat. We Lakers fan know Riley better than anyone. He's not letting Lebron go.

Mitch doesn't want to have anything to do with Melo. Nothing.

This is the most egregious shit I've read in a long time:

"The Lakers would not have enough cap space to sign both James and Anthony to maximum contracts given the presence of Howard's new deal and Nash's final season. But James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh each took less money to play together with the Miami Heat in 2010."

linsivvi

This is the most egregious shit I've read in a long time:

"The Lakers would not have enough cap space to sign both James and Anthony to maximum contracts given the presence of Howard's new deal and Nash's final season. But James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh each took less money to play together with the Miami Heat in 2010."

Oh I just went to the source article. Turns out it's not written by a crazy fan but by a stupid reporter. Same difference.

Reke needs the right kind of players around him to be of benefit to a winning team. It's a shame really because the Kings had the opportunity to draft the perfect backcourt parter for him last year -Lillard - and passed on him for a guy who is no longer on their team. The crazy thing is that Portland ended up with both of them, Olshney really took the Kings to school.

All that matters is if its an attractive enough idea for Dwight to stay.

But like I said, doubt he buys into it. Whether it's because he doesn't believe it can actually happen or because he isn't willing to sacrifice another season to irrelevance doesn't really matter.

Detroit would be better off taking on Deng or Granger for a year and giving Chicago/Indiana more cap space for a chance to fuck the Heat. Offer them Stuckey as compensation.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I need Detroit to continue being dumb as shit because we need that pick next year.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yeah but hopefully not at the expense of a bloated contract, i'd rather the gay deal than paying iggy 56 mil into his 30's

Gay is a good, but selfish scorer...

Iggy and Monroe could play beautiful team ball together..

KingGondo

Banned
If we stand pat and don't make any trades before the season, consider me officially concerned.

We'll still be good (probably a top-2 seed in the West again) but our lineup will be:

PG: YNB, Jackson
SG: Thabo, Lamb
SF: Durant, Liggins, PJ3
PF: Ibaka, Collison
C: Perkins, Thabeet

D-league guys: Adams, Roberson, Jerrett

We need to try to swing something for Gortat. Hell, we should offer to take Kendall Marshall off their hands now that they have Bledsoe and Dragic.

Gortat
Marshall

For:

Perkins
PJ3
Two firsts next season

With the epic tank going on I don't see any scenario, outside of crazy injuries, where the Pistons don't send us their pick next year. They'll be in the 9 to 16 range for sure.

Zeus Molecules

I love Forever's posts. eminds me of the last 3 offseason NBA threads where Nets newbies win the offseason, talk mad shit then leave Sho_nuff holding the bag..

Its already beginning... Brousard through multiple sources are saying korver isn't willing to take the pay cut to play for the nyets. He probably saw what other 2 guards were making this year and couldn't let the opportunity pass him by.

PBY

Banned
Its already beginning... Brousard through multiple sources are saying korver isn't willing to take the pay cut to play for the nyets

Why would he? Its so dumb. Taking pay cuts to be the third best team in the 2nd best conference? WHY. Especially with the insane cost of living.

Forever

Banned

Except I can't possibly be wrong because last I checked the Knicks were still owned by James Dolan.

Even if the Nets crash and burn it will be a small case in compare to the neverending shit buffet that the Knicks offer their fans on an annual basis.

And yet you stuff yourselves full to bursting and ask for more! You'd make those chicks from Two Girls One Cup blush.

Top Bottom