• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

If we stand pat and don't make any trades before the season, consider me officially concerned.

We'll still be good (probably a top-2 seed in the West again) but our lineup will be:

PG: YNB, Jackson
SG: Thabo, Lamb
SF: Durant, Liggins, PJ3
PF: Ibaka, Collison
C: Perkins, Thabeet

D-league guys: Adams, Roberson, Jerrett

We need to try to swing something for Gortat. Hell, we should offer to take Kendall Marshall off their hands now that they have Bledsoe and Dragic.

Gortat
Marshall

For:

Perkins
PJ3
Two firsts next season

That Harden trade really screwed you guys over!

KingGondo

Banned
That Harden trade really screwed you guys over!
It's hard to go that far when we're still contending, improving, and have we have youth and flexibility.

But as I've continued to say... Lamb and Adams had better pan out. I don't care about losing Martin. He was a stopgap.

Emwitus

It's hard to go that far when we're still contending, improving, and have we have youth and flexibility.

Its not. You lost a franchise sg star for hopes that a rookie might pan out. How many SG stars are left in this league again?
And after clippers trades, golden state coming up, Denver, spurs still in the mix etc I wouldn't confidently call you guys a top two seed.

KingGondo

Banned
Its not. You lost a franchise sg star for hopes that a rookie might pan out. How many SG stars are left in this league again?
He said the trade "screwed us over" when that's not the case. We're still one of the 4-5 favorites to chip, and we're still favored to win the West in Vegas.

But it's undeniable that we didn't get as much in return as we should have. I would kill to have been a fly on the wall in the Thunder's offices during the Harden negotiations/trade discussions.

diehard

Fleer

But as I've continued to say... Lamb and Adams had better pan out. I don't care about losing Martin. He was a stopgap.

Werent you saying how Martin could fill Harden's role pretty well and we all told you he was awful?

@ESPNSteinLine
Why do Nets now believe they no shot at sharpshooter Kyle Korver?

- DWill connection
- Billy King drafted him
- Team is going to go deep into the playoffs (assuming no major injuries)

But yeah, 20m over 3 is 20m over 3 (assuming it's true that he's getting that type of payday).

Derwind

espn.com said:
The Detroit Pistons were among the bidders for forward Rudy Gay when the Memphis Grizzlies made him available last season and they are once again going after him now that there's been a management changeover in Toronto.

The Pistons have offered the Raptors the expiring contracts of Rodney Stuckey and Charlie Villanueva in an attempt to acquire Gay, league sources told ESPN.com.

Stuckey and Villanueva are both scheduled to make $8.5 million this season and Gay has two years and $37 million left on his contract. Gay averaged 19.5 points on 43 percent shooting in 33 games after a midseason trade sent him to Toronto.

The Raptors have already made one cap-clearing trade this week, shipping off Andrea Bargnani and the $23 million left on his deal to the New York Knicks with an eye toward cleaning their books following the 2013-14 season. New Toronto general manager Masai Ujiri is sending signals that he intends to tear down much of the Raptors' bloated payroll and moving Gay could be part of that plan.

The Pistons have more than $20 million in salary-cap space and are aiming high on that front as well. They made Atlanta Hawks free agent Josh Smith their top target and have pursued other potentially high-priced talent such as Andre Iguodala.

link

yes.gif

so basically Wiggins will get drafted by his home country then rip the hearts of Canadians when he signs with the Heat and general manager Dwyane Wade in 2021

linsivvi

This is true. But looking back on it, Brooks should have inserted Harden into the starting lineup in the Finals like Pop did with Manu. He was misused in that series.

???

Harden had much higher TS%, rebounds, assists and PPG than Martin in his last season with the Thunder.

He did shit the bed in the Finals though.

so basically Wiggins will get drafted by his home country then rip the hearts of Canadians when he signs with the Heat and general manager Dwyane Wade in 2021

Now you're thinking like Lakers fans!

KingGondo

Banned
???

Harden had much higher TS%, rebounds, assists and PPG than Martin in his last season with the Thunder.
We're talking about the playoffs. Harden had a couple signature moments (game 4 of a sweep against Dallas, his huge shot against the Spurs in game 5), and was unremarkable otherwise. Martin was terrible, but had a couple of great games in our much shorter playoff run last season.

Smokey

Imagine if Harden wins MVP before Durant

Won't even take that. Rockets were fucking middling as hell until morey pulled off the best swindle since Kwame/Pau. That move set up the franchise to start the climb out of the dumpsters and at least in the running for Howard. Presti dun goofed.

linsivvi

We're talking about the playoffs. Harden had a couple signature moments (game 4 of a sweep against Dallas, his huge shot against the Spurs in game 5), and was unremarkable otherwise. Martin was terrible, but had a couple of great games in our much shorter playoff run last season.

I was talking about the playoffs too. He was statistically better than Martin in almost every category.

I'm gonna laugh when Rudy Gay comes out on fire this year cause he can see now. Dude was blind and they finally convinced him to get lasik.

Man, I'm pretty sure Howard will join the Rockets, which is unfortunate because he'll be stuck behind James Harden as the 2nd guy. I'm ready for him to pick a team so Dallas can move on to other pieces instead of silently waiting to see what happens.

Playoff Averages D-League

Lamb: 21, 5, 3 on 50% FG and 35% from deep.

Glen Rice JR : 25, 10, 4, 2 on 47% FG and 36% from deep.

Perry Jones is terrible

Bowser

It's always amusing to see college bball fans argue about how some NBA team should sign the local star. People on the UNC bball board are advocating the Bobcats sign Hansbrough. I basically argued that we just drafted a superior version of Hansbrough in Cody Zeller a week ago and that we're looking into Al Jefferson and resigning McRoberts on the cheap (who was quietly very good after he came over from Orlando). This is a response I got:

I would take Tyler any day over Al Jefferson. I don't agree with the "better" version of Tyler, in Cody. No offense to Cody. I would take Tyler over McRoberts and Haywood also. What Tyler would bring is what Charlotte lacks!.....Intensity and effort!

I'm a UNC graduate and lifelong fan and my eyes are rolling so far back into my head I can see my brain.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
It's always amusing to see college bball fans argue about how some NBA team should sign the local star. People on the UNC bball board are advocating the Bobcats sign Hansbrough. I basically argued that we just drafted a superior version of Hansbrough in Cody Zeller a week ago and that we're looking into Al Jefferson and resigning McRoberts on the cheap (who was quietly very good after he came over from Orlando). This is a response I got:

I'm a UNC graduate and lifelong fan and my eyes are rolling so far back into my head I can see my brain.

College fans think games are won with intensity and effort. AKA they like their white players.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Tyler would be a nice player for the Cats so long as he's not overpaid.

I mean... I guess.

He can't be worse than Jeff Adrien and we'll need the depth whether we sign Jefferson or not. But people are pretty delusional when it comes to ACC love.

Bowser

I mean... I guess.

He can't be worse than Jeff Adrien and we'll need the depth whether we sign Jefferson or not. But people are pretty delusional when it comes to ACC love.

I mean if he's willing to sign for like 2 years, $6m or something, sure, bring him in as an energy guy off the bench. But he's not someone you make a priority or anything.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
manuginobili: Thrilled to announce that as I always hoped, I'm gonna stay with the @spurs for two more years. #gospursgo.

KBergCBS: .@manuginobili announces on Twitter that he's agreed to a two-year deal to stay with San Antonio.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I mean if he's willing to sign for like 2 years, $6m or something, sure, bring him in as an energy guy off the bench. But he's not someone you make a priority or anything.

You've heard we've already guaranteed inferior Curry a spot on the team too, right?

I mean... I guess.

yall sign Al (and too an lesser extent Tyler) and you will fuck up your tank.

The Bobcats awful bigs were the fuel. I mean they made Lavoy Allen look like god. Plus any big that isn't braindead in the east scoring wise will look good.

the Tank will die man.

Bowser

yall sign Al (and too an lesser extent Tyler) and you will fuck up your tank.

The Bobcats awful bigs were the fuel. I mean they made Lavoy Allen look like god. Plus any big that isn't braindead in the east scoring wise will look good.

the Tank will die man.

Meh, I doubt the tank will die (definitely won't if we sign just Psycho T, lolol). Besides, we've been fucked over the past two years. We won 7 fucking games in 2011...SEVEN...and still got jipped out of Anthony Davis. We should have had the 2nd pick in this past draft and ended up with #4. We're due for some lottery karma anyway.

Welcome back Manu. And now we know the definitive end date for the Big 3 in San Antonio. Hopefully he signed at enough of a discount for the Spurs to get one more FA

fertygo

manuginobili: Thrilled to announce that as I always hoped, I'm gonna stay with the @spurs for two more years. #gospursgo.

KBergCBS: .@manuginobili announces on Twitter that he's agreed to a two-year deal to stay with San Antonio.

So he gonna cost Timmy another ring?

Just because we're due for some luck doesn't mean we'll get it. The Suns have been fucked over by the lottery just as much as we have. Thankfully, this draft is stacked so it won't be the end of the world if we pick outside the top 3. We are due for a lucky break though, no doubt about that.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Glad the suns picked up Bledsoe. Let's give him and Goran 24 minutes a night and put Stackhouse at the 2.

Tom Penny

Welcome back Manu. And now we know the definitive end date for the Big 3 in San Antonio. Hopefully he signed at enough of a discount for the Spurs to get one more FA

You know anything about assistant Brett Brown? I think he might end up the Celtics coach. Definitely in the mix.

Top Bottom